Time Machine DVD

briremo

No way it'll be this year. The past three DVD releases have all been released more than 11 months after the recording - Rush in Rio taking the shortest amount of time at 11 months, however it was also the simplest DVD in terms of editing (in my opinion).

The amount of work to edit a DVD, in terms of both audio and video, but especially video is actually epic. Its takes a huge amount of work. The previously mentioned date in this thread of April 1 2012, seems to be more realistic, however I still struggle to see that actually happening.

The CD may be out this year though.

Depends on how long it takes to re-record all the live music in the Studio...

However, it will be released under the title "Cleveland Steamer"

Last year Opeth recorded a DVD at the Royal Albert Hall on 5th April. It was released IIRC in September.

That's Opeth, the band with a drummer who likes to say "Hi fans" (Cliff Richard drums for Opeth?- confused ed.)

QUOTE (PumpkinHead @ Apr 12 2011, 03:11 PM)
April-1, 2012 per reliable sources! 2.gif

God, please, no!!!!

I'm hoping for a holiday release!! That IS the time for miracles!

Hopefully, Clockwork Angels will be released around that time.....just in time for a summer tour!!!! tongue.gif

Geddy said in a recent interview that if everything went to plan it would possibly be the end of this year. I personally think that this is a little bit optimistic, but I guess it is possible. Looking at all the crap they took with them to filming (it wasn't clear from the photos what was Bangor's, and what was Rush FOH gear) it wouldn't surprise me if they had actually made a fair chunk of the editorial decisions as they were happening, especially as it seems they are aiming for a 2011 release.

QUOTE (Sir Lerxst @ Apr 12 2011, 04:35 PM)
No way it'll be this year. The past three DVD releases have all been released more than 11 months after the recording - Rush in Rio taking the shortest amount of time at 11 months, however it was also the simplest DVD in terms of editing (in my opinion).

The amount of work to edit a DVD, in terms of both audio and video, but especially video is actually epic. Its takes a huge amount of work. The previously mentioned date in this thread of April 1 2012, seems to be more realistic, however I still struggle to see that actually happening.

The CD may be out this year though.

What's a "dvd"? Don't you mean blu ray disc??? sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (2112freak @ Apr 19 2011, 01:46 AM)
QUOTE (PumpkinHead @ Apr 12 2011, 03:11 PM)
April-1, 2012 per reliable sources!  2.gif

God, please, no!!!!

I'm hoping for a holiday release!! That IS the time for miracles!

Hopefully, Clockwork Angels will be released around that time.....just in time for a summer tour!!!! tongue.gif

I have a feeling they won't exactly be overnighting the source tqpes to the post-production studio the day after the cleveland show. But still, i woulda hoped for a x-mas release date.

I look at it this way.

The 1980 St. Louis show was recorded a month and a half before it was pressed and aired.

That is the best sounding live recording of Rush to date. IMHO.

If that could have been done on the audio end thirty years ago, then the biggest thing would be getting the video edited, wouldn't it??

The packaging could be done pretty quickly too.

I just don't want another RIR where every shot is two seconds and then another cut to another camera and another and another...after a few edits like that it isn't fun to watch.

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Apr 19 2011, 10:48 AM)

yeah, I was wondering the same thing. LOL

I hate those types of edits too, it makes it so hard to focus on anything. I've seen a few concert videos like that I find I get bored and want to see something else. Probably the exact opposite they were going for.

I seem to recall Geddy mentioning something about 'by the end of the year'. Not sure if that's the DVD or just the CD, though. Hopefully it won't prove too great a distraction from what should be the next matter at hand: Clockwork Angels.

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Apr 19 2011, 04:48 PM)

At least I was still talking about something with the same physical shape and size. My dad still talks about cassette and betamax.

QUOTE (Sir Lerxst @ Apr 19 2011, 01:33 PM)
QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Apr 19 2011, 04:48 PM)
What's a "dvd"?  Don't you mean blu ray disc???  sarcasm.gif

At least I was still talking about something with the same physical shape and size. My dad still talks about cassette and betamax.

My mom sometimes talks about Sonny Walkmans and cassetes. *Shudder...*

Are we even sure this will be released on audio format like the 'Snakes and Arrows Live' CD set? It seems like a lot, but not impossible.

As per release dates, I think that they'll be editing and whatnot by the end of the current tour. To edit and author a Blu-Ray disc is much harder than doing the same for a DVD from what I've heard. So it might not be an easy task. It would make sense to release the final product around Christmas. If they don't get it out by then, more than likely it could come along the same time as CA. If that's the case, I wouldn't mind buying a new album and a new live concert from the guys in the same day/week.

I won't mind waiting one little bit...providing it has awesome features like multiple viewing angles you can select. (a guy can always dream)

Archived