2011 Oscars -

alphseeker

Inception did not win, therefore it was indeed an epic fail! I haven't been this disappointed since The Return of the King beat Master and Commander! This served as irrefutable proof that the Oscar judges have their heads firmly implanted in their butts!

I was dissapointed that True Grit didn't win anything. True Grit was one of the best films i've ever seen. Perfectly executed. yes.gif

QUOTE (Ted Barchetta @ Feb 28 2011, 11:46 AM)
I was dissapointed that True Grit didn't win anything. True Grit was one of the best films i've ever seen. Perfectly executed. yes.gif

My thoughts exactly. Even though Jeff Bridges won last year, he did an awesome job in True Grit and I think he deserved another win! f**k The King's Speech! I'm pretty sure James Franco was taking bong hits inbetween segments. cool10.gif

QUOTE (alphseeker @ Feb 28 2011, 03:11 PM)
Congrats to the King's Speech - great movie but this has to be the worst Oscar show ever - Complete fail -

I never saw the Oscars - did I miss anything?

QUOTE (rummut71 @ Feb 28 2011, 02:57 PM)
WORST OSCARS EVERRRR!!!!

</thread>

I thought Anne Hathaway started off good (she was certainly plucky and enthusiastic), but James Franco was channeling his character from the Pineapple Express.

Of course, Melissa Leo's f-bomb certainly livened things up for a bit.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Feb 28 2011, 08:42 AM)
Inception did not win, therefore it was indeed an epic fail! I haven't been this disappointed since The Return of the King beat Master and Commander! This served as irrefutable proof that the Oscar judges have their heads firmly implanted in their butts!

I thought Inception was great, but a bit overrated. I'd only seen two of the other nominees; The Social Network and The Kids Are Alright, and I thought both of those were better movies. Gotta see The King's Speech...

For those complaining about Inception not winning best picture... I can't honestly see a scifi ever winning. It just doesn't happen hardly at all. I'm glad it got a nomination, though! (Not that I'm surprised.)

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Feb 28 2011, 07:22 PM)
For those complaining about Inception not winning best picture... I can't honestly see a scifi ever winning. It just doesn't happen hardly at all. I'm glad it got a nomination, though! (Not that I'm surprised.)

I feel the same way.

Some will say "Inception" got a Best Picture nom only because they expanded the field to ten films. I think it had a good shot at a nom if there were only five slots, but we'll never know.

Just as impressive -- if not moreso -- is that "Inception" also got a nom for Best Original Screenplay. That speaks volumes for what a quality film it was.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 28 2011, 07:48 PM)

I feel the same way.

Some will say "Inception" got a Best Picture nom only because they expanded the field to ten films. I think it had a good shot at a nom if there were only five slots, but we'll never know.

Just as impressive -- if not moreso -- is that "Inception" also got a nom for Best Original Screenplay. That speaks volumes for what a quality film it was.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Feb 28 2011, 10:45 PM)

I feel the same way.

goodpost.gif

Chris Nolan is a genius - yes.gif

QUOTE (alphseeker @ Mar 1 2011, 12:48 AM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Feb 28 2011, 10:45 PM)

I feel the same way.

goodpost.gif

Chris Nolan is a genius - yes.gif

1022.gif wacko.gif Memento wacko.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Mar 1 2011, 12:22 AM)

They also said a fantasy film would never win an Oscar - Return of the King won 11. There is still hope yes.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 28 2011, 05:48 PM)

I feel the same way.

The Matrix, which was a better movie than Inception, didn't get nominated for best picture, so I'm thinking if it was still 5 movies being nominated, Inception doesn't get the nod. no.gif

Melissa Leo is just another attention seeking idiot. No one will ever invite her to a live telecast again. I read somewhere that she's like 50. It's amazing that she's getting any roles at all at her age. Edited by RushHour

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Feb 28 2011, 10:42 AM)

I thought that was proven a long long time ago.

http://www.palzoo.net/file/pic/user/Terms-Of-Endearment.jpg

QUOTE (RushHour @ Mar 1 2011, 09:25 AM)
Melissa Leo is just another attention seeking idiot. No one will ever invite her to a live telecast again. I read somewhere that she's like 50. It's amazing that she's getting any roles at all at her age.

Yeah, I agree- what an idiot. Did anyone even hear of her before the Oscars? unsure.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 1 2011, 08:32 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 28 2011, 05:48 PM)

I feel the same way.

The Matrix, which was a better movie than Inception, didn't get nominated for best picture, so I'm thinking if it was still 5 movies being nominated, Inception doesn't get the nod. no.gif

I liked "Matrix" too. It was one of those groundbreaking films that influenced a lot of other movies. "Inception" is very much like that. Both are very inventive and original.

And again, I point you to "Inception's" Best Screenplay nomination. Only five films in that category. Did "Matrix" get a screenplay nom? *looking on imdb.com* ....nope. biggrin.gif