2011 Oscars -

alphseeker

What a fecal fiesta that was.

And Kirk Douglas............jesus christ.

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Mar 1 2011, 03:10 PM)
What a fecal fiesta that was.

And Kirk Douglas............jesus christ.

I saw the clip... z7shysterical.gif

Poor guy...

Im happy Trent Reznor won his first Oscar tho... that score for The Social Network is awesome!

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Mar 1 2011, 08:19 AM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Feb 28 2011, 10:42 AM)
Inception did not win, therefore it was indeed an epic fail! I haven't been this disappointed since The Return of the King beat Master and Commander! This served as irrefutable proof that the Oscar judges have their heads firmly implanted in their butts!

I thought that was proven a long long time ago.

http://www.palzoo.net/file/pic/user/Terms-Of-Endearment.jpg

ohmy.gif

I totally love that movie. yes.gif

*in b4 jack asks me to turn in my man card... again... eh.gif *

Edited by rushgoober

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 1 2011, 05:44 PM)
Inception did not win, therefore it was indeed an epic fail! I haven't been this disappointed since The Return of the King beat Master and Commander! This served as irrefutable proof that the Oscar judges have their heads firmly implanted in their butts!

ohmy.gif

laugh.gif

I saw that movie on a date and I didn't cry so my date thought I was a jerk. I was trying to get some points for going to the movie in the first place but it backfired on me. sad.gif The movie made me look bad. angry.gif I guess I should have brought an onion.

Anyway, I didn't think much of the movie because it seemed formulated to make people cry. I actually hated it if I remember right. I think it got best picture because of who was in it rather than for the movie itself.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 1 2011, 01:18 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 1 2011, 08:32 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 28 2011, 05:48 PM)
QUOTE (CMWriter @ Feb 28 2011, 07:22 PM)
For those complaining about Inception not winning best picture... I can't honestly see a scifi ever winning. It just doesn't happen hardly at all. I'm glad it got a nomination, though! (Not that I'm surprised.)

I feel the same way.

Some will say "Inception" got a Best Picture nom only because they expanded the field to ten films. I think it had a good shot at a nom if there were only five slots, but we'll never know.

The Matrix, which was a better movie than Inception, didn't get nominated for best picture, so I'm thinking if it was still 5 movies being nominated, Inception doesn't get the nod. no.gif

I liked "Matrix" too. It was one of those groundbreaking films that influenced a lot of other movies. "Inception" is very much like that. Both are very inventive and original.

And again, I point you to "Inception's" Best Screenplay nomination. Only five films in that category. Did "Matrix" get a screenplay nom? *looking on imdb.com* ....nope. biggrin.gif

The reason The Matrix didn't get any academy award nominations.

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Entertainment/images-7/keanu-reeves-ted.jpg

I actually liked the Matrix a lot and I even liked Bill as Neo. smile.gif

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Mar 1 2011, 04:17 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 1 2011, 05:44 PM)

ohmy.gif

laugh.gif

I saw that movie on a date and I didn't cry so my date thought I was a jerk. I was trying to get some points for going to the movie in the first place but it backfired on me. sad.gif The movie made me look bad. angry.gif I guess I should have brought an onion.

Anyway, I didn't think much of the movie because it seemed formulated to make people cry. I actually hated it if I remember right. I think it got best picture because of who was in it rather than for the movie itself.

No, it got best picture for the movie itself, as well as the great performances...

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...VIEWS/311230301

Edited by rushgoober