No Changes To set-list

cajun boy

..so "Red Barchetta" also remains with that modification I don't find so funny at all (during that time Alex would been doing his coast-to-coast travelling through the stage and Neil's face wondering where he's going..which is the best part for me (watch R30). 2-4 songs I'd have loved to get rest for a while. but they are who decide..and can't complain that RASH keeps touring !

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Feb 5 2011, 04:55 PM)
QUOTE (rushbass @ Feb 5 2011, 03:23 PM)
Probably will have the same T-shirts and Tour Books as well...

since I already have those from the first leg, that's more money I will have to spend in the French Quarter before the New Orleans show!  trink38.gif

I believe they plan on updating the tourbook. There was a post on rushisaband.com a week ago that allowed people to vote on some pics that would be used in the 2011 tourbook.

who cares about the pics, let us vote on the songs. 1287.gif

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Feb 2 2011, 07:33 PM)
Whereas I do love the setlist a lot, one or two little changes would have been nice. Just to spice it up a bit. Glad I'm only doing one show this leg. After this, just bring on the album.

Did you just make a post about Rush that wasn't fanboyish? I'm shocked.

QUOTE (cajun boy @ Feb 4 2011, 01:29 PM)
QUOTE (pratt53 @ Feb 4 2011, 11:49 AM)
QUOTE (Rick4001 @ Feb 3 2011, 12:15 PM)
cajun boy, this should have been considered a spoiler. I was planning to be surprised, thanks a lot. angry.gif

yeah what a bummer. would be a real treat to go to the show, not know what to expect, and then realize it's the same exact set list as last year.

i'm really pissed too.

This forum contains TOUR SPOILERS! If you're trying to avoid setlists and other show details, enter at your own risk.

Don't be pissed at me. And NEVER , EVER stick a knife in an electrical socket !!!

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Take responsibility for not posting correctly c-boy - post "at your own risk" and expect some heat if you f**k up.

Personally, I am not buying this "exact same set" thing until it kicks off and we find out for sure. It is hard to believe that they won't change the set by a song or two (or three) just for their own sanity. I really think Alex may be trying to hedge a surprise or two. I saw the Who back in 1982 and Peter Townshend in a tour interview said they were not going to play "My Generation". Riiiight ... it turns out that they friggin' opened with it!

QUOTE (01GT Eibach @ Feb 7 2011, 04:18 PM)
Personally, I am not buying this "exact same set" thing until it kicks off and we find out for sure. It is hard to believe that they won't change the set by a song or two (or three) just for their own sanity. I really think Alex may be trying to hedge a surprise or two. I saw the Who back in 1982 and Peter Townshend in a tour interview said they were not going to play "My Generation". Riiiight ... it turns out that they friggin' opened with it!

lets face it, they're not changing a thing. eh.gif

I think people have every right to 'moan' about the same set being played. Obviously they can play whatever they want to, but it would still be nice for them to mix it up a little.

Hardly surprising, but still disappointing.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Feb 7 2011, 04:37 PM)
QUOTE (01GT Eibach @ Feb 7 2011, 04:18 PM)
Personally, I am not buying this "exact same set" thing until it kicks off and we find out for sure.  It is hard to believe that they won't change the set by a song or two (or three) just for their own sanity.  I really think Alex may be trying to hedge a surprise or two.  I saw the Who back in 1982 and Peter Townshend in a tour interview said they were not going to play "My Generation".  Riiiight ... it turns out that they friggin' opened with it!

lets face it, they're not changing a thing. eh.gif

Good thing someone bought you a ticket though, right?

I'm waiting for you to say it.

[/broken record]

QUOTE (jesse2112 @ Feb 2 2011, 05:20 PM)
Either way when they hit the stage I'm so overcome with excitement I don't care what they're playing and before I know it the show is over

goodpost.gif

This is how I feel, too!! I think all the set list cry babies should stay home and leave available seats for Rush fans who appreciate that they STILL TOUR!!!!

moon.gif

QUOTE (umoveme @ Mar 10 2011, 02:24 PM)
Either way when they hit the stage I'm so overcome with excitement I don't care what they're playing and before I know it the show is over

goodpost.gif

This is how I feel, too!! I think all the set list cry babies should stay home and leave available seats for Rush fans who appreciate that they STILL TOUR!!!!

moon.gif

Rush is still playing with the same band members? The next complaint would be why don't they change the band members ohmy.gif

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Mar 10 2011, 11:27 AM)
QUOTE (umoveme @ Mar 10 2011, 02:24 PM)

goodpost.gif

moon.gif

Rush is still playing with the same band members? The next complaint would be why don't they change the band members ohmy.gif

...and throw in some techno here and there for some flavah!

You would figure, since every OTHER time they did a second leg of an "Evening With" tour, they would swap out/change at least 2 or 3 songs...

Test For Echo : Replaced The Big Money / Wipeout! with Limelight and Stick It Out...dropped Time & Motion and moved Red Sector A to the second set.

Vapor Trails : Replaced Between The Sun & Moon and Vital Signs with The Trees and Freewill...alternated Ghost Rider / Ceiling Unlimited...and even added Closer To The Heart for the South American dates.

Snakes & Arrows : Dropped Entre Nous ( sad.gif ) , Secret Touch, Circumstances ( sad.gif again... ), and Summertime Blues - added Ghost Of A Chance, Red Barchetta, The Trees, and 2112 Overture / Temples.

Hey - who knows...maybe Alex really IS blowing smoke up our arses this time around, and they WILL be playing a couple different tunes...time will tell...

Changed set list , same set list, I'll be fine either way ! It's going to be my boy's first 2.gif concert and I've been drilling the previous set list into his head so he knows every song.

Hey if they change one or two songs that would be great too!

Oh please Jacobs Ladder , Cut to the Chase or Middletown Dreams! Please

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Edited by losingit2k

Just when I thought I was going to jump off the Royal Gorge Bridge because there is no Red Rocks date....

This is a bummer, no two ways about it.

Also, Alex's little tidbit about there being nothing new past the first stage of writing. Me thinks the well might be just about dry. Please God, don't let Rush turn into Willie Mays slogging around the outfield at the end of his career. Two songs and an 18 month delay does NOT bode well.

i dont understand some of you....seeing 2.gif play moving pictures entirely , which will be my 3rd @ msg, is too freeking amazing to not go see for a few hundred if they are doing it within say 40 miles of your house...some of you say you rather stay home?...showing your age?..lmao...ill bet they do change out a few for their own enjoyment...id like to see a few more from snakes and arrows....i think they were too new to be completely appreciated at the time....to me many are classics already

QUOTE (Axeshredder @ Mar 24 2011, 04:34 PM)
i dont understand some of you....seeing 2.gif play moving pictures entirely , which will be my 3rd @ msg, is too freeking amazing to not go see for a few hundred if they are doing it within say 40 miles of your house...some of you say you rather stay home?...showing your age?..lmao...ill bet they do change out a few for their own enjoyment...id like to see a few more from snakes and arrows....i think they were too new to be completely appreciated at the time....to me many are classics already

a few more fom s & a??

hell no.gif

QUOTE (Axeshredder @ Mar 24 2011, 04:34 PM)
id like to see a few more from snakes and arrows

9 songs were not enough on the last tour ?????

Most people seem to be forgetting that this tour is primarily aimed at those places, in the US and Canada and elsewhere in the world, who didn't have the chance to see it last year. Why should they change it? If they do they will get as many complaints from overseas fans who drooled over the 2010 setlist and then when it arrives their favourite song has suddenly been dropped.

You folks in the US are blessed with the amount of tours and different setlists you have seen. Get over it.

Super pumped for tonight and I really could care less it is the same set.

It is a great set list, a great show, and like I always say:

Dude it's f***ing Rush!!!

QUOTE (Todem @ Mar 30 2011, 10:21 AM)
Super pumped for tonight and I really could care less it is the same set.

It is a great set list, a great show, and like I always say:

Dude it's f***ing Rush!!!

applaudit.gif goodpost.gif