What's For Dinner?

The Owl

Having had just about enough of the winter weather, I'm trying to summon the gods of good weather by cooking up a couple of summer picnic dishes. First, I made a pot of homemade chili with black beans. I also slow-cooked a mesquite-rubbed pork roast, and am cooking up some BBQ sauce to go along with that, based loosely on this recipe:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/neelys-bbq-sauce-recipe

It smells sooooo good in the house!

• Like 1

Lasagna and a Salad.

Don't forget the garlic bread. :D

Didn't have that this time.

But that's the best part, piling some lasagna on top of a piece of garlic bread, and eating it like an open-faced sandwich.

• Like 2

Lasagna and a Salad.

Don't forget the garlic bread. :D

Didn't have that this time.

But that's the best part, piling some lasagna on top of a piece of garlic bread, and eating it like an open-faced sandwich.

You are correct. I just didn't have the Italian Bread and the stuff to make it and was too damn lazy to go to the store and get a loaf of Garlic Bread.
  • Like 2

Botana (a layer of tortilla chips, refried beans, seasoned ground beef, chilies, & cheese.) Into the oven to melt the cheese. Top with salsa, guac, and sour cream. Add a cold cerveza, and I'm good. Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 2

Botana (a layer of tortilla chips, refried beans, seasoned ground beef, chilies, & cheese.) Into the oven to melt the cheese. Top with salsa, guac, and sour cream. Add a cold cerveza, and I'm good.

Nice!! :hail:

Pan-fired zucchini with a tomato meat sauce. Pasta-free spaghetti, essentially. Accompanied by a red table wine.

Sounds simple yet satisfying

Very.
  • Like 1