What's For Dinner?

The Owl

Pot roast, carrots, and mashed potatoes.

:ebert:

Don't forget the bread and butter to soak up the gravy. :cheers:

:cheers:

The roast cost me $6 and change. It is a bit over two pounds.

It smells heavenly. :angel:

I will buy another one on Monday or Tuesday and put it in the freezer.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

Pot roast, carrots, and mashed potatoes.

:ebert:

Don't forget the bread and butter to soak up the gravy. :cheers:

:cheers:

The roast cost me $6 and change. It is a bit over two pounds.

It smells heavenly. :angel:

I will buy another one on Monday or Tuesday and put it in the freezer.

That's awesome! Leftover roast beef sandwiches are heaven on earth. :D

• Like 2

Angus Beef hot dogs, Bush Beans, and potato salad.

Going with this tonight, subbing Heinz Veggie Beans for Bush's.

I like the cheapo hot dogs better than the expensive ones that are supposed to be better for you.

Am going to buy a can of those Heinz beans and try them the next time. The Bush Beans had too much molasses in it and I could taste it. I don't care for molasses.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

BBQ burgers, hot dogs, homemade chili, potato salad and chips. :hail:

Is that all for you, or is that for you and your guests, including Tiny?

No,

Just the two of us. And a little for the dogs. The peace and quiet is wonderful. :D

I like the cheapo hot dogs better than the expensive ones that are supposed to be better for you.

Me, too! I was sent to the store to get hot dogs for tonight and I went with the cheap ones. So much tastier, with better texture.

If you wonder who else is eating hot dogs today...take a bite of this link ( :yuk: ):

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/how-many-hot-dogs-do-americans-eat-on-the-4th-of-july-and-other-independence-day-numbers/article/2627577

150 million frankfurters!

• Like 2

Me, too! I was sent to the store to get hot dogs for tonight and I went with the cheap ones. So much tastier, with better texture.

If you wonder who else is eating hot dogs today...take a bite of this link ( :yuk: ):

http://www.washingto...article/2627577

Do you have Farmer John dogs there? I grew up with them in California. The Dodger games bring back a lot of good memories. :codger: They were never available up here until last year.

• Like 1

Do you have Farmer John dogs there? I grew up with them in California. The Dodger games bring back a lot of good memories. :codger: They were never available up here until last year.

I don't know. I will look. Are they good? I've tried them all, and, like I already said, the .99 artery cloggers are the best.

• Like 1

I don't know. I will look. Are they good? I've tried them all, and, like I already said, the .99 artery cloggers are the best.

Yes,

Better than Oscar Mayer. :codger:

• Like 1

Dearborn (MI) Sausage Company makes natural casing all beef and beef/pork franks, the latter of which are used by all the coney places in the Detroit area. A family from the area has a Michigan themed sports bar in Delray Beach that "imports" the franks and National Chili Co. Chili topping to clone a Detroit style coney. They're the best, and every so often I'll road trip up there and chow down. I'm on vacation next week, and a road trip is definitely on the agenda.
  • Like 2

Dearborn (MI) Sausage Company makes natural casing all beef and beef/pork franks, the latter of which are used by all the coney places in the Detroit area. A family from the area has a Michigan themed sports bar in Delray Beach that "imports" the franks and National Chili Co. Chili topping to clone a Detroit style coney. They're the best, and every so often I'll road trip up there and chow down. I'm on vacation next week, and a road trip is definitely on the agenda.

they wouldn't be koegel's would they? those are some of michigan's best. we take our hotdogs seriously here.

http://www.seriouseats.com/2012/01/taste-test-natural-casing-hot-dogs-from-michigan.html

There's an Amish market about 20 minutes from my house that has a fresh meat section to die for. they make their own hotdogs which are the bomb along with about 7 varieties of brats. really fat hot dogs that are about the equivilent of 2 supermarket dogs. gotta split them down the middle to cook them. yummy.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 1

Dearborn (MI) Sausage Company makes natural casing all beef and beef/pork afranks, the latter of which are used by all the coney places in the Detroit area. A family from the area has a Michigan themed sports bar in Delray Beach that "imports" the franks and National Chili Co. Chili topping to clone a Detroit style coney. They're the best, and every so often I'll road trip up there and chow down. I'm on vacation next week, and a road trip is definitely on the agenda.

they wouldn't be koegel's would they? those are some of michigan's best. we take our hotdogs seriously here.

http://www.seriousea...m-michigan.html

There's an Amish market about 20 minutes from my house that has a fresh meat section to die for. they make their own hotdogs which are the bomb along with about 7 varieties of brats. really fat hot dogs that are about the equivilent of 2 supermarket dogs. gotta split them down the middle to cook them. yummy.

Never had Koegels, with them being based in Flint, but a friend who lives in Lansing swears by them.

The Amish place sounds like a winner. Where they at exactly? Brats and Bell's, now there's a plan.

• Like 1