What's For Dinner?

The Owl

By the way, Troutman, I think you would like that saffron yellow rice I just made. It hit the spot!

I don't think I have ever tried it.

It's delicious. The brand is Mahatma and it comes in a little yellow cellophane bag. It would be good with a fried egg and sautéed onions.

• Like 1

By the way, Troutman, I think you would like that saffron yellow rice I just made. It hit the spot!

It's delicious. The brand is Mahatma and it comes in a little yellow cellophane bag. It would be good with a fried egg and sautéed onions.

I will look for it. Sorry, no eggs!! :P

• Like 1

The onion will do just as well. I was thinking the eggs for a kind of fried rice.

If you can't find it, let me know. I can send you a couple of packets of it.

• Like 1

The onion will do just as well. I was thinking the eggs for a kind of fried rice.

If you can't find it, let me know. I can send you a couple of packets of it.

Thanks. :D

• Like 1

I have a pork roast in the slow cooker. Bought some kind of McCormick seasoning pack and added brown sugar and ketchup to it (as per instructions - I would never think of that on my own :LOL: ) and poured it over the roast. Set on high for four hours. Will serve with some type of noodles.

I'll let you know how it came out.

On a scale of one to ten, I'd give it a five. It was missing something.

Worcestershire, maybe?

I have a pork roast in the slow cooker. Bought some kind of McCormick seasoning pack and added brown sugar and ketchup to it (as per instructions - I would never think of that on my own :LOL: ) and poured it over the roast. Set on high for four hours. Will serve with some type of noodles.

Worcestershire, maybe?

No, it wasn't that. Something essential.

Not salt either, because even when I put more salt on it, it still was lacking something.

• Like 1

Grilled Salmon, mixed veggies and garlic bread.

Can I come over for dinner?

Actually I was thinking of you. That you needed a good healthy meal. Hope all is well. :hug2:

I do need a good and healthy meal. That's why I said I'd be over for dinner. :LOL: On the drive home from the hospital today, I pondered if i should stop here or there and get some kind of take-out but decided against it in favor of whipping something up for myself.

What kind of mixed vegetables did you make?

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Actually I was thinking of you. That you needed a good healthy meal. Hope all is well. :hug2:

I do need a good and healthy meal. That's why I said I'd be over for dinner. :LOL: On the drive home from the hospital today, I pondered if i should stop here or there and get some kind of take-out but decided against it in favor of whipping something up for myself.

Well,

I am being lazy today. Just a frozen bag of mixed veggies tonight. Usually, fresh peas, carrots, broccoli ect.

• Like 1

I just ate.

The soup was still awful, but that rice and egg sure did hit the spot. It felt so good to have something warm in my stomach. :)

• Like 2

I just ate.

The soup was still awful, but that rice and egg sure did hit the spot. It felt so good to have something warm in my stomach. :)

I hate that brand,

Next time just go with Campbell's and a grill cheese. :D

• Like 1

Worcestershire, maybe?

Not salt either, because even when I put more salt on it, it still was lacking something.

Fresh garlic?
  • Like 1

Worcestershire, maybe?

Fresh garlic?

I don't think garlic would have gone well with the other ingredients. Not to my taste buds at least.

Troutman, I bought myself a rib-eye steak (bone in) for dinner. Going to make mashed potatoes and have a salad. I figured I needed the protein for the energy. And that I needed to treat myself to something special. Can't beat a steak! :)

Thats nice to hear. You need a good meal with all that is going on. :)

• Like 1