What's For Dinner?

The Owl

Slow cooked Pot Roast.

Hell yes!

What do you eat & drink with it?

Not much really. It has all kind of veggies in it. And the gravy is already in the pot. I like to have beer with it. :hail:

Ah ok. BigDaddyBlaze always served it with steamed rice. Then again, we had steamed rice with almost everything.

• Like 1

Home made chili with beans.

I'm no chili chef but doesn't chili usually have beans?...or should that be "Shouldn't chili always have beans?"

No,

Depends on a preference. I always put beans in mine though.

Chili is the meat concoction. Beans are optional. A Chili Dog, for example, won't usually have beans.

http://mojosavings.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/chili-dog.jpg

Ahhh, I see.

This may surprise you: I've never had chili without beans except the ONE time I had a chili dog which I didn't like. Chili dogs seem like a waste of chili to me. And I like hot dogs. I generally eat chili with crackers or bread. Additionally, my parents NEVER made it at home. I eat it at restaurants or at friends' houses. Don't know any old school Filipinos (that is, over 60 and not born stateside) that make chili to be honest.

I just had chili dogs the other day. I'm with you though as far as crackers and bread go. I need one or both with chili.

Chili dogs for us tonight as well!
  • Like 1

I have some leg of lamb marinating right now in garlic, rosemary, fresh mint and olive oil. We'll grull it tomorrow for dinner...which we eat mid-day during the summer.
  • Like 2

Slow cooked Pot Roast.

Hell yes!

Not much really. It has all kind of veggies in it. And the gravy is already in the pot. I like to have beer with it. :hail:

Ah ok. BigDaddyBlaze always served it with steamed rice. Then again, we had steamed rice with almost everything.

I throw in some potatoes about two hours before it is done.

I have some leg of lamb marinating right now in garlic, rosemary, fresh mint and olive oil. We'll grull it tomorrow for dinner...which we eat mid-day during the summer.

Imho, that's a massive step up from chili dogs! ;)

:LOL:
  • Like 1

I'll say.

• Like 1

Slow cooked Pot Roast.

Hell yes!

What do you do? Throw it in the pot with some beef or vegetable broth? How many cans? And do you use fresh vegetables or frozen? You throw the potatoes in too?

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Slow cooked Pot Roast.

Hell yes!

What do you do? Throw it in the pot with some beef or vegetable broth? How many cans? And do you use fresh vegetables or frozen? You throw the potatoes in too?

I throw in a 12 oz. can of beef broth with some water at first. I add a jar of brown gravy towards the end.with the potatoes. Fresh veggies, carrots, celery, onions and green beans. Pot roast is like chili. You can do any thing with it.

• Like 1

I'll say.

And it was amazing! :drool:

Home made chili with beans.

I'm no chili chef but doesn't chili usually have beans?...or should that be "Shouldn't chili always have beans?"

No,

Depends on a preference. I always put beans in mine though.

I put beans in mine too and that's a sin down here in Texas.
  • Like 1