What's For Dinner?

The Owl

Post (with pics if possible) what you cooked for dinner on any day.... and if you want to go even further; post your recipe....... (and no take out/dining out/ delivery/ fast food here.... only post what YOU cook)

Tonight I made some Shrimp Fried Rice (with carrots, scrambled egg, and peas), Steamed Broccoli, and Egg Rolls (Tai Pea brand, very good)

I came up with this thread after I cleaned up, so no pics, but I will post pics in the future.

That's what it says. Post with pics if possible.

I never read the first post so this is a revelation to me.

Post (with pics if possible) what you cooked for dinner on any day.... and if you want to go even further; post your recipe....... (and no take out/dining out/ delivery/ fast food here.... only post what YOU cook)

Tonight I made some Shrimp Fried Rice (with carrots, scrambled egg, and peas), Steamed Broccoli, and Egg Rolls (Tai Pea brand, very good)

I came up with this thread after I cleaned up, so no pics, but I will post pics in the future.

I'm sure nobody will remember this but The Owl had a thread several years back (maybe in Random Samples) titled something like "Video Introductions" as a way for TRFers to get to know each other. I thought it was a good idea but nobody was really biting. Too shy? Too revealing?

I'm sure nobody will remember this but The Owl had a thread several years back (maybe in Random Samples) titled something like "Video Introductions" as a way for TRFers to get to know each other. I thought it was a good idea but nobody was really biting. Too shy? Too revealing?

I don't think too revealing, but I'd feel weird. I found some old post about putting up pictures, but it seemed like it went way off track (shocking I know) and nobody really did it, but I think you did, something about coconuts! :D

• Like 1

I don't think too revealing, but I'd feel weird. I found some old post about putting up pictures, but it seemed like it went way off track (shocking I know) and nobody really did it, but I think you did, something about coconuts! :D

You mean "Post Pictures of You"? Recently, that thread got off track. I tried to set it back to where it should be.

That thread goes in cycles where different people are posting tons of stuff. Then, nothing. I assume it'll pick up since some will be taking summer trips then put up a few pics. Same thing happens in winter.

Chicken fried steak, potatoes and green beans.

What kind of potatoes?

Mashed

How was it? Did you add gravy too? That really sounds good, but it's too warm to cook today where I am.

It's not time yet.

It will be later on. And yes, country gravy. :D

• Like 1

I can probably count the number of times I've had chicken fried steak on one hand. Not that I don't like it. It's just that my parents NEVER made it and I never think of having it.

Seems like something I'd eat if I were ravenous, couldn't decide what to eat, AND in a family type restaurant like Village Inn.

• Like 1

I can probably count the number of times I've had chicken fried steak on one hand. Not that I don't like it. It's just that my parents NEVER made it and I never think of having it.

Seems like something I'd eat if I were ravenous, couldn't decide what to eat, AND in a family type restaurant like Village Inn.

It turned out to be pretty good. I haven't had it in years.

• Like 2

I took the wife and kids to my wife's favorite restaurant, Lucille's in Fort Worth. They had Copper River Salmon, which is a seasonal fish and probably the best type of salmon I've ever had. I had mine medium rare (every chef I've known demands it) and it was served with a nice seasonal rice dish. My best guess on the preparation of the rice is that they used a long grain rice cooked in a light stock of either chicken or vegetable. There was wild rice mixed with the long grain rice and it had halved heirloom tomatoes and celery slices mix in. It was one of the best rice dishes I've ever had.

This was yesterday btw.

Edited by liquidcrystalcompass

Bacon double cheeseburger and fries

Homemade?

Too much trouble homemade.

I'm not going back to the fast food place to get this anymore. They used to be consistently good, but with the younger people they hire, who think they are doing their employer a huge favor just by showing up at the job, the bacon double cheese aren't as good, and the fries are never done well enough.

Back to Jack In The Box. :)

Homemade?

I'm not going back to the fast food place to get this anymore. They used to be consistently good, but with the younger people they hire, who think they are doing their employer a huge favor just by showing up at the job, the bacon double cheese aren't as good, and the fries are never done well enough.

It's never too much trouble simple and easy. Plus, it's fun!! :D

Homemade?

It's more fun to have you cook it for us!

I don't mind cooking really but eating...now that's pure fun!

• Like 1

Homemade?

Bacon cheese burgers and homemade fries? :hail:

• Like 1

Homemade?

Hell yes! :hail:

• Like 1

Homemade?

Hell yes! :hail:

:bacon: :bacon: :bacon: