The Official Iron Maiden Thread

Nate2112

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Dec 29 2010, 12:02 AM)
QUOTE (GeddyLeeRoth @ Dec 28 2010, 11:37 PM)
1. Phantom Of The Opera
2. Aces High
3. Hallowed Be They Name
4. Number Of The Beast
5. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
6. Revelations
7. Caught Somewhere In Time
8. The Clairvoyant
9. Killers
10. 22, Acacia Avenue

Or something like that.

My other favorite band after Rush- great choices there! 1022.gif

My second favorite band behind Rush too. You must be a total genius like me. wink.gif

QUOTE (Natural Rush @ Dec 29 2010, 12:09 PM)
A Matter Of Life And Death and the latest album are garbage

Like some others here I think both of those albums are quite good. I don't understand why if someone makes a thread to discuss with others fans their appreciation for a band why some people post stuff like this right away confused13.gif

How about you discuss what you like from the band? That's what the rest of us are here to do.

Edited by J2112YYZ

Got into Maiden this year and they are now one of my favourite bands.

I'd agree with them being the best true heavy metal band. One of them most consistent too.

I think when they do longer more complex songs, they're at their best. Rime of the Ancient Mariner and When the Wild Wind Blows spring to mind.

Surely as a group, one of the strongest lyric writing teams ever...?

I can't understand how you can state that everything from 1992-1999 (Fear Of The Dark through the Blaze Years) is good, yet state that the 'last few albums are complete garbage'?

IMO, they've been on a roll with the last four albums. I'm so glad that we've got one of the best bands back, creating great music like they used to!

Ive been really into Somewhere in Time and The Final fronteir because they sound really Prog. Metal but Maiden hasn't made a song i don't like. I also got into Fear of the Dark my 2nd favorite album. I love Be quick or be dead!!! 1022.gif

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Dec 30 2010, 03:00 PM)
QUOTE (Natural Rush @ Dec 29 2010, 12:09 PM)
A Matter Of Life And Death and the latest album are garbage

Like some others here I think both of those albums are quite good. I don't understand why if someone makes a thread to discuss with others fans their appreciation for a band why some people post stuff like this right away confused13.gif

How about you discuss what you like from the band? That's what the rest of us are here to do.

Oh, I totally think he can voice whatever he wants. Probably a true Maiden fan. I would totally understand an oldschool fan not digging the new stuff nearly as much, but to call it 'garbage' is going a way bit far. I myself hold the first seven Maiden albums on a golden pedestal in my pantheon of rock & metal albums. I really like the last two albums (TFF more than AMOLAD), but I connect with Brave New World and even Dance Of Death much more.

I can understand that, and even can appreciate it from Rush fans (who haven't liked the last few albums.) But calling it garbage? That's an insult to all the people who bought the album and enjoyed it!

Listen, just because you think the older stuff is better, doesn't mean that the people who enjoy the newer stuff are wrong. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and to enjoy what they enjoy.

QUOTE (GeddyLeeRoth @ Dec 30 2010, 12:44 AM)
QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Dec 29 2010, 12:02 AM)
QUOTE (GeddyLeeRoth @ Dec 28 2010, 11:37 PM)
1. Phantom Of The Opera
2. Aces High
3. Hallowed Be They Name
4. Number Of The Beast
5. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
6. Revelations
7. Caught Somewhere In Time
8. The Clairvoyant
9. Killers
10. 22, Acacia Avenue

Or something like that.

My other favorite band after Rush- great choices there! 1022.gif

My second favorite band behind Rush too. You must be a total genius like me. wink.gif

Brilliant minds think alike. trink39.gif

I think that the X Factor is a great collection of songs and would love to hear it with Bruce on vocals. The few songs that I have heard him sing were amazing, especially Sign of the Cross. No offense to Blaze, I just don't care for his voice. When Bruce left, I was hoping that they would get Dianno back.

QUOTE (Silas Lang @ Dec 31 2010, 01:21 AM)
I have their first 5 albums. My faves are Piece of Mind and Killers.

I think those first 5 albums are the greatest first 5 albums by any Metal band Ever

QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 31 2010, 11:47 AM)

I think those first 5 albums are the greatest first 5 albums by any Metal band Ever

For consistent greatness, I would agree...for having greater peak value that lifts the total value of the compilation, Sabbath's first 5 would take it for me overall...Paranoid, especially. And Master of Puppets has to put Metallica into the mix, for the same reason. But for the sheer number of great songs, you've got to give it up for Maiden.

JMO

Edited by laughedatbytime

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Dec 31 2010, 11:58 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 31 2010, 11:47 AM)

For consistent greatness, I would agree...for having greater peak value that lifts the total value of the compilation, Sabbath's first 5 would take it for me overall...Paranoid, especially. And Master of Puppets has to put Metallica into the mix, for the same reason. But for the sheer number of great songs, you've got to give it up for Maiden.

JMO

Yeah, there is a case for Sabbath as well but, Metallica did themselfs in with album number 5 laugh.gif

QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Dec 30 2010, 03:52 PM)
Ive been really into Somewhere in Time and The Final fronteir because they sound really Prog. Metal but Maiden hasn't made a song i don't like. I also got into Fear of the Dark my 2nd favorite album. I love Be quick or be dead!!! 1022.gif

Be Quick Or Be Dead is a very good song and the album has some other decent ones but FOTD is Maiden's weakest effort. There's just too much on the album that is not up to Maiden standards. You could tell it was time for a change/break after listening to that album. Which did happen with Bruce leaving and them getting Blaze Bayley for two albums.

Most of what I listen to from Maiden is between '82-'88. That album steak is second to none as far as i'm conserned. I like the first two albums but I just can't get into Di'Anno's voice that much at all, so I don't listen to them that often.

I always thought Di'Anno's voice didn't fit Maiden at all but Dickinson's voice was the perfect fit for the music. Except for Geddy and Dio no vocalist fits and defines their bands sound better.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Dec 31 2010, 04:09 PM)

Be Quick Or Be Dead is a very good song and the album has some other decent ones but FOTD is Maiden's weakest effort. There's just too much on the album that is not up to Maiden standards. You could tell it was time for a change/break after listening to that album. Which did happen with Bruce leaving and them getting Blaze Bayley for two albums.

Most of what I listen to from Maiden is between '82-'88. That album steak is second to none as far as i'm conserned. I like the first two albums but I just can't get into Di'Anno's voice that much at all, so I don't listen to them that often.

I always thought Di'Anno's voice didn't fit Maiden at all but Dickinson's voice was the perfect fit for the music. Except for Geddy and Dio no vocalist fits and defines their bands sound better.

I had kind of lost touch with the Di'Anno stuff, but I recently started listening to the first two albums after Di'Anno was on That Metal Show. I had forgotten how good it was, and now I'm kind of on a Killers kick.

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Dec 31 2010, 05:40 PM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Dec 31 2010, 04:09 PM)

I had kind of lost touch with the Di'Anno stuff, but I recently started listening to the first two albums after Di'Anno was on That Metal Show. I had forgotten how good it was, and now I'm kind of on a Killers kick.

Me too. I have been listening to the Maiden Japan concert non-stop for the last few months.

QUOTE (bigkostas @ Jan 1 2011, 05:12 PM)
IRON MAIDEN= HEAVY METAL.

Cheers..........................

yes.gif

Though I said i'm not a big fan of Di'Anno's voice I think i'll give the first two albums a listen again since I haven't heard them in awhile. When time passes your opinions sometimes change on things so i'll see what happens.

Did anyone see them on the tour they did last summer? It was an excellent show but I was kind irked that they decided to make the first 75 mins of the show, with the exception of 'Wrathchild', all material from 2000 to now. It was cool for them to do something different with the set, but there's really something missing when you go to see Maiden and they play nothing off of POM, PS, SIT and SSOASS.

Maybe it's just me unsure.gif