The Official Iron Maiden Thread

Nate2112

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Apr 20 2012, 02:26 AM)
Gers is an idiot and a shitty player. Leave the guitar gymnastics to Rick Nielsen- they don't belong in Maiden. Unfortunately, that loser isn't going anywhere. sad.gif

Well said. He adds nothing.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Apr 20 2012, 12:51 PM)
QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Apr 20 2012, 04:18 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 20 2012, 04:59 PM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Apr 20 2012, 09:04 AM)
I mentioned the B-Sides in the other thread, relating to out of print/hard to get cds, has anyone got the BBC Archives double-cd?

I love this one, the live performances are top drawer. The 1982 Reading performance is f***ing awesome, so vital.

The postman delivered Live in Donington 1992 today, interesting sleeve, good setlist. I know Bruce "phoned-in" a few gigs before he left, a Real Live Dead One is not great.

Is this one any better?

I like the setlist and performance for A Real Dead One , much better imo than Donington

I've never really liked the sound on Donington...but what does make it special is that there's an appearance from Adrian Smith on Running Free...that must have been a great surprise at the time

Yeah, I played some of it. Sound is crap. As it is on A Real Live Dead One.

My favourite live albums:

Beast Over Hammersmith

Live After Death

BBC Archives

Flight 666

Death On The Road

Rock In Rio

I'm really enjoying En Vivo at the moment.

A Real Live Dead One, & now Donington just don't make the grade.

I have A Real Dead One (not the reissue A Real Live Dead One) and I've heard bits of Donnington, but out of the two, I prefer A Real Dead One by a slim margin. IDK if it's just me, but I swear I could hear Bruce mumbling some random giberish before the guitar and bass come in at the start of The Number of the Beast on A Real Dead One.

You can't really tell the difference between Dave and Janick's guitars on either disc though. IDK if it's just the mix, but I think that both guitars sound almost the same to me. On the other hand, it was pretty easy to tell Dave and Adrian apart on Live After Death.

I liked the audio for En Vivo, but video version of that show is growing on me and I could tolerate the split screens and choppy editing a bit more. It's not as a bad as the video version of Death on the Road.

I think they should release the full Beast Over Hammersmith show on DVD (even though some parts of it were already on The Early Days) and repress the Eddie Archives CDs someday. I don't like buying them off of eBay cause I'm afraid that since they're rare, the CDs listed there are counterfeits.

Edited by PolarizeMe

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Apr 20 2012, 01:12 PM)
QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Apr 20 2012, 02:26 AM)
Gers is an idiot and a shitty player. Leave the guitar gymnastics to Rick Nielsen- they don't belong in Maiden. Unfortunately, that loser isn't going anywhere. sad.gif

Well said. He adds nothing.

trink39.gif

My dream setlist for the upcoming tour 1022.gif

Moonchild

The Evil That Men Do

The Prisoner

Still Life

The Trooper

Can I Play With Madness

Killers

Die With Your Boots On

Infinite Dreams

Heaven Can Wait

Wasted Years

Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

The Clairvoyant

Run To The Hills

Iron Maiden

Encore:

The Number Of The Beast

Two Minutes To Midnight

Hallowed Be Thy Name

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Apr 22 2012, 09:00 AM)

Moonchild
The Evil That Men Do
The Prisoner
Still Life
The Trooper
Can I Play With Madness
Killers
Die With Your Boots On
Infinite Dreams
Heaven Can Wait
Wasted Years
The Clairvoyant
Run To The Hills
Iron Maiden

Encore:
The Number Of The Beast
Two Minutes To Midnight
Hallowed Be Thy Name

+1

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Apr 22 2012, 07:32 PM)
Imma go ahead and TROLL this thread and say IRON MAIDEN SUCKS. Not really, but musically they do.

Oh really? I'd love to hear your reasons as to why they suck musically.

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Apr 22 2012, 07:47 PM)
A majority of Seventh Son will be played during this tour. According to the interview from Adrian Smith on That Metal Show last night.

Yeah, I saw that to. The only songs they didn't do off it on the original tour were The Prophecy and Only The Good Die Young. There's no reason that they shouldn't do the same six off it again. The only one I would rule out might be the title track if Bruce isn't able to reach and hold those notes anymore.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Apr 23 2012, 03:17 AM)
A majority of Seventh Son will be played during this tour. According to the interview from Adrian Smith on That Metal Show last night.

Yeah, I saw that to. The only songs they didn't do off it on the original tour were The Prophecy and Only The Good Die Young. There's no reason that they shouldn't do the same six off it again. The only one I would rule out might be the title track if Bruce isn't able to reach and hold those notes anymore.

Yeah, the title track sounds a hard one to sing. In some spots there's hardly any time to breath before singing the next bit.

On Maiden England he used the time-honoured technique of going "Seventh son of a seventh..."[*indicates for the audience to sing the next word*]

Imma go ahead and TROLL this thread and say IRON MAIDEN SUCKS. Not really, but musically they do.

You clearly no Nothing about good music, please don't waste our time troll , have a nice day bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Apr 22 2012, 09:14 PM)

He pretty much told you , he is a Troll, it's what they do . New Rush coming out = Slap happy Troll's

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 23 2012, 12:55 PM)

He pretty much told you , he is a Troll, it's what they do . New Rush coming out = Slap happy Troll's

Yup, it's their time, like bluebells & showers in April.

Like the bluebells and showers, they too will pass, leaving little trace, bar their inane dribblings. We shall forget them, until the next new Rush. The circle is unbroken.

Back on topic, Piece of Mind is my current in car listen. What a f***ing HUGE album. God almighty, Where Eagles Dare is such an opening salvo of METAL!!!

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Apr 23 2012, 08:06 AM)
Back on topic, Piece of Mind is my current in car listen. What a f***ing HUGE album. God almighty, Where Eagles Dare is such an opening salvo of METAL!!!

yes.gif My fav Maiden album and my fav opening track on a Maiden album. One of the best drum intro's ever 1022.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 23 2012, 01:30 PM)

yes.gif My fav Maiden album and my fav opening track on a Maiden album. One of the best drum intro's ever 1022.gif

You know it! 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 23 2012, 08:30 AM)

My favorite too!

QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Apr 22 2012, 07:07 PM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Apr 22 2012, 09:00 AM)

Moonchild
The Evil That Men Do
The Prisoner
Still Life
The Trooper
Can I Play With Madness
Killers
Die With Your Boots On
Infinite Dreams
Heaven Can Wait
Wasted Years
The Clairvoyant
Run To The Hills
Iron Maiden

Encore:
The Number Of The Beast
Two Minutes To Midnight
Hallowed Be Thy Name

+1

I could live with that.

1022.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 22 2012, 07:32 PM)
i remember the seventh son tour. the stage was real cool and my seats were good but i could barely see nicko on the drums because he was set back and hidden a little by the stage setup. still a good show.

I was down low and after a while I went to a higher vantage point just to check out Nicko. Part of it is the way his drums and cymbals are set up.

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Apr 23 2012, 05:26 AM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Apr 23 2012, 03:17 AM)

Yeah, the title track sounds a hard one to sing. In some spots there's hardly any time to breath before singing the next bit.

On Maiden England he used the time-honoured technique of going "Seventh son of a seventh..."[*indicates for the audience to sing the next word*]

I wouldn't be surprised if Bruce does indicate the audience to sing along during the title track if they do play it this tour. It is a tough one to sing, but I have a feeling that with the voice he has now live, Bruce has the potential of singing it better than he did on Maiden England. I'm pretty sure they would bring it back though since they resurrected a song like Rime of the Ancient Mariner on the SBIT tour.

Edited by PolarizeMe

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 23 2012, 07:55 AM)

Yeah I was just doing it to be a troll.. they don't suck musically, because they can use real instruments and have been very successful in doing so..