Bass Players!

CygnusX-1Bk2

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Feb 27 2010, 04:09 AM)
QUOTE (Mr. Krinkle @ Feb 26 2010, 09:06 AM)
Here's my basses...........

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll215/TPesch2112/Basses2.jpg

Wow, that's amazing. Never seen a red 400x before, it looks awesome. smile.gif

The color is called "Burgandyglo" and it's a transparent red so you can see the wood grain underneath. It's a great player.

It's a model 4001 from 1980.

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Feb 27 2010, 01:30 AM)

That's a lot of f***ing money right there.

Probably 20-25K.

I didn't spend that much for all of them though.

That's the thing about good guitars. They are like savings bonds. They gain value in most cases. Just have give them some TLC.

QUOTE (bigmoney2112 @ Feb 27 2010, 11:25 AM)
QUOTE (Mr. Krinkle @ Feb 26 2010, 12:06 PM)

It would be unfortunate if someone stole those basses. tongue.gif

Very true!

And just out of curiousity, Mr. Krinkle, where do you live and what time do you leave the house each day? wink.gif

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Feb 26 2010, 10:38 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Feb 26 2010, 10:38 AM)
Confession time....

I was in a music store a week ago and thought, gee, I've been playing bass for twenty years now (mostly just as a hobby)... isn't it about time I had even a semi-decent amp????  laugh.gif

Granted, since I don't really "play out," I don't need anything real big or fancy, but damn!  I'm plugging my bass into a lame 15-watt keyboard amp at home!

Oh, the shame.....  sad.gif

So did you buy anything? I recently started playing bass and use a little practice amp at home. When I jam with friends, I run through the mixing board. I do play through a small amp that goes to the mixer, but that's more of a practice amp too. It doesn't give me much room to have my own 'sound'. I'd like to buy a decent bass amp for myself.

Still haven't gotten that amp, but it's only been a couple weeks since I posted that.

Sounds like we're in the same boat amp-wise... only you're just starting out and I've been playing for twenty years, so I have NO excuse for playing on a shitty little practice amp.

QUOTE (Mr. Krinkle @ Feb 27 2010, 08:03 AM)

The color is called "Burgandyglo" and it's a transparent red so you can see the wood grain underneath. It's a great player.

nice! I've got that exact same 1980 wine colored 4001. 1022.gif

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Mar 12 2010, 08:06 PM)
QUOTE (Drumnut @ Feb 26 2010, 10:38 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Feb 26 2010, 10:38 AM)
Confession time....

I was in a music store a week ago and thought, gee, I've been playing bass for twenty years now (mostly just as a hobby)... isn't it about time I had even a semi-decent amp????  laugh.gif

Granted, since I don't really "play out," I don't need anything real big or fancy, but damn!  I'm plugging my bass into a lame 15-watt keyboard amp at home!

Oh, the shame.....  sad.gif

So did you buy anything? I recently started playing bass and use a little practice amp at home. When I jam with friends, I run through the mixing board. I do play through a small amp that goes to the mixer, but that's more of a practice amp too. It doesn't give me much room to have my own 'sound'. I'd like to buy a decent bass amp for myself.

Still haven't gotten that amp, but it's only been a couple weeks since I posted that.

Sounds like we're in the same boat amp-wise... only you're just starting out and I've been playing for twenty years, so I have NO excuse for playing on a shitty little practice amp.

For me right now, the cash situation for buying an amp isn't in the cards. Running through the PA works for just a weekend jam band for now. Easier to carry to practice too! laugh.gif

For now, just grab the bass and away I go!

This isn't a great pic, but this is my new baby..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/Jett_Moonwing/1Subalbum/New.jpg

wub.gif

I 'christened' him today with I Know What I Like followed by Aqualung. biggrin.gif (Which he loved! yes.gif ) I have yet to find a name for him though...

I must get a better picture sometime soon because this one doesn't do justice to the gorgeous colour! tongue.gif And my stupid reflection doesn't help! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Jaye @ Mar 30 2010, 05:06 PM)

wub.gif
I 'christened' him today with I Know What I Like followed by Aqualung. biggrin.gif (Which he loved! yes.gif ) I have yet to find a name for him though...
I must get a better picture sometime soon because this one doesn't do justice to the gorgeous colour! tongue.gif And my stupid reflection doesn't help! laugh.gif

WOW!! ohmy.gif

This thing rules! Is that a Gibson?

I love everything that looks like an SG.

1287.gif

Call him Mike wink.gif

QUOTE (Soni @ Mar 30 2010, 06:23 PM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Mar 30 2010, 05:06 PM)

wub.gif

WOW!! ohmy.gif

This thing rules! Is that a Gibson?

I love everything that looks like an SG.

1287.gif

Call him Mike wink.gif

I was thinking of calling him Mike! biggrin.gif trink39.gif (Love that Shine vid wub.gif )

It's an Epiphone. I wish it was a proper Gibson! laugh.gif

I agree with you about any SG styles. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif I've always wanted one of these biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Mar 15 2010, 10:27 AM)

I actually found a used burgundyglo 4001 for sale the other day. Would have bought it on the spot if I had $2,500 sad.gif

Right now Im playing a beautiful Fender Fretless bass. It was a 6 string but it's since been converted back to 4 so I can noodle around on it. The neck is kinda thick but I'm making due. Will post a pic soon.

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Apr 1 2010, 02:29 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Mar 15 2010, 10:27 AM)

I actually found a used burgundyglo 4001 for sale the other day. Would have bought it on the spot if I had $2,500 sad.gif

awe man dont tell me its worth that much. I dont even want to be tempted to sell it. eh.gif

QUOTE (Jaye @ Mar 30 2010, 09:06 AM)

wub.gif

that's cool!

this still breaks my heart. Here's a pic of me in '79 playing my Gibson Grabber. For some stupid reason I sold it a couple of years later. They discontinued it in '82. sad.gif

gotta love the fashion though laugh.gif

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs127.snc3/17474_100638809969298_100000695377443_16252_3768333_n.jpg

Just started playing bass again after not playing for 5 years or so. I decided to do it right this time, and I purchased a Fender Geddy Lee Jazz bass. I've actually wanted one of these since they went into production back in 1998. It's a joy to play...the neck is so comfortable and the tone is gorgeous! I noodled around with my husband's band yesterday (the bass player didn't make it to practice) and they all were impressed with how great it sounded.

I just play through a Gallien-Krueger Backline combo amp...70 watts. I currently am not playing in a band, so that works great for me.

QUOTE (Angua @ Apr 23 2010, 02:10 PM)
My birthday present was a 4003 Ric. Love it to bits, the tone is incredible. Been messing about recording Come Together with it. It sounds so good smile.gif

Yeah...I think a 4003 will be my next bass purchase. I'm lovin' the hell outta my Geddy Jazz bass! Nothing but compliments from people on the tone, and it is a joy to play! 1022.gif GeddyFinal.gif

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Apr 19 2010, 02:35 PM)
Just started playing bass again after not playing for 5 years or so. I decided to do it right this time, and I purchased a Fender Geddy Lee Jazz bass. I've actually wanted one of these since they went into production back in 1998. It's a joy to play...the neck is so comfortable and the tone is gorgeous! I noodled around with my husband's band yesterday (the bass player didn't make it to practice) and they all were impressed with how great it sounded.

I just play through a Gallien-Krueger Backline combo amp...70 watts. I currently am not playing in a band, so that works great for me.

Just had mine wired for stereo/mono output, just like my Rickenbackers. Now I can send each pickup on my GL Jazz to a seperate amp!!

I'll pick it up next Sat. 5/1.

Can't wait to hear it!!

My repair guy says it's incredible now.

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Apr 25 2010, 06:21 AM)
My birthday present was a 4003 Ric.  Love it to bits, the tone is incredible.  Been messing about recording Come Together with it.  It sounds so good smile.gif

Yeah...I think a 4003 will be my next bass purchase. I'm lovin' the hell outta my Geddy Jazz bass! Nothing but compliments from people on the tone, and it is a joy to play! 1022.gif GeddyFinal.gif

Gotta agree that I love playing my Geddy Lee Jazz too. I love the skinny neck and is really good to play when your hands aren't the biggest. The Ric is a different beast but I love the gutsy sound from it.

QUOTE (Angua @ Apr 25 2010, 04:56 PM)
QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Apr 25 2010, 06:21 AM)
My birthday present was a 4003 Ric.  Love it to bits, the tone is incredible.  Been messing about recording Come Together with it.  It sounds so good smile.gif

Gotta agree that I love playing my Geddy Lee Jazz too. I love the skinny neck and is really good to play when your hands aren't the biggest. The Ric is a different beast but I love the gutsy sound from it.

Yeah...I have strong, good sized hands for a woman, but they are still small for a bass player. That Jazz is just the ticket! I love it! I picked it up after not playing for 5 years and within 5 or 10 minutes I was playing like I hadn't missed a beat! Of course, my hands were sore about 30 minutes later, so I had to put it down for a bit! biggrin.gif

After playing my re-wired GL Jazz Bass, I can say without a doubt, that this is the best sounding Jazz Bass I've ever played and wiring it to stereo was the trick. The sound is so incredible now words cannot really describe how it just fits in perfectly in any track I play on. The notes of that bass are so articulated now and FAT and clear. The option of having it in stereo allows me to control each pickup to sound exactly the way I want it to. All Jazz Basses should have an optional stereo output.

This bass is unbeliveable.

TOTAL tone control. Kick ass sounding Fender Jazz Bass.

To die for. yes.gif

Edited by Mr. Krinkle