Geddy & Alex and the Groupie?

jacklifeson

QUOTE (Ron2112 @ Dec 9 2010, 01:11 PM)
QUOTE (The Lost Xanadu @ Dec 8 2010, 08:43 PM)
All great and find if it was before they were married....I'd run up and punch them if it was when they were married  angry.gif  laugh.gif

Al was married in 1975, Geddy in 1976.

Alex became a father in 1970 remember - he and Charlene have been together for over 40 years.

This woman is giving her version of events but the band haven't - but really ... having been involved (and still am) with bands since I was 17, it is really naive to think this doesn't go on with even the best of bands. (ermmm ... I don't do the groupie thing, but Lerxst.. if you're reading this...tongue.gif laugh.gif )

Unless the band choose to talk, i guess we'll never know.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure, we all want to hold them up on some pedestal, like they are super human or god-like, but the fact remains that they are, in fact, human. And, not only human, but MALES. Sorry guys, but I would wager that the VAST majority of men are not gonna give up a good round of head when it's basically "thrown in their lap," so to speak. tongue.gif

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to work on that "all access" pass for the next leg of the Time Machine tour! z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Dec 9 2010, 02:19 PM)
Sure, we all want to hold them up on some pedestal, like they are super human or god-like, but the fact remains that they are, in fact, human. And, not only human, but MALES. Sorry guys, but I would wager that the VAST majority of men are not gonna give up a good round of head when it's basically "thrown in their lap," so to speak. tongue.gif

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to work on that "all access" pass for the next leg of the Time Machine tour! z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

yes.gif ALL access?? I'm down with that! laugh.gif

QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Dec 9 2010, 09:20 AM)
QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Dec 9 2010, 02:19 PM)
Sure, we all want to hold them up on some pedestal, like they are super human or god-like, but the fact remains that they are, in fact, human.  And, not only human, but MALES.  Sorry guys, but I would wager that the VAST majority of men are not gonna give up a good round of head when it's basically "thrown in their lap," so to speak.  tongue.gif

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to work on that "all access" pass for the next leg of the Time Machine tour!  z7shysterical.gif  z7shysterical.gif

yes.gif ALL access?? I'm down with that! laugh.gif

I thought you would be! laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (jacklifeson @ Dec 9 2010, 02:42 PM)
QUOTE (Ranger J @ Dec 9 2010, 09:36 AM)
QUOTE (jacklifeson @ Dec 9 2010, 10:31 PM)
Sounds to me more like sloppy 43,567ss

She would have made a good cover girl for a Chapstick company's label...

Or a pharmaceutical company that produces penicillin

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

I find it both funny and pathetic that there are people who will defend Rush in all instances regardless of if the other side is a groupie or police officers. A woman who is well known in the industry for her willingness to provide sexual favors shows up, the band members probably had a few beers under their belt, and next thing you know it's hummer time (except you CAN touch this).

Being married has very little to do with it because married people cheat every single day of the year.

There are those here and elsewhere who seem to believe that Rush can do no wrong and you've put them on a pedestal, but remember this. They are living, breathing human beings just like everyone else and the higher they are, the further they fall.

QUOTE (Fordgalaxy @ Dec 9 2010, 01:36 PM)
I find it both funny and pathetic that there are people who will defend Rush in all instances regardless of if the other side is a groupie or police officers. A woman who is well known in the industry for her willingness to provide sexual favors shows up, the band members probably had a few beers under their belt, and next thing you know it's hummer time (except you CAN touch this).

Being married has very little to do with it because married people cheat every single day of the year.

There are those here and elsewhere who seem to believe that Rush can do no wrong and you've put them on a pedestal, but remember this. They are living, breathing human beings just like everyone else and the higher they are, the further they fall.

Pretty much. I'm not necessarily inclined to believe someone looking to score a high tally on sucking off rock stars, but geez, have some perspective.

It's not like they knocked her up and then wouldn't pay child support or something like that.

Yeah, it's interesting how people seem to be freaking about this as if they've just been told there is no Santa Claus.

I would say (maybe) Neul never ventured away from his marriage, just because he's so different and sensitive, but the other 2 probably partied like everyone else in the 70's...and probably cooled it a lot more starting in the 80's

I admit it did surprise me alot because you always heard how they were church mice on the road. Again, this could have happened before they were married. Im sure the did alot of things we dont know about...they were young, famous and rich rock stars on the road, you do the math.

I would say up until around '79, they indulged some, And then really focused on just the music.

Thin Lizzy mentions them in the liner notes to their '78 album Bad Reputation, and those guys were notorious for their partying.

Archived