Geddy & Alex and the Groupie?

jacklifeson

Im listening to Howard Stern on Sirius and they are interviewing Sweet Connie Hamzy, famous groupie that has been with hundreds if not thousands of rock stars, and she is saying she had given Geddy and Alex oral sex! This was a while ago, not sure how long but Im sure it was a while. She said she wanted Neil because she is into drummers, and had Bonham and Moon, but Neil doesnt give it up!

Oh man! Anyone else hear this?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard it as well....if nothing else, her story is consistent with an interview she gave on Howard Stern back in 1991....

She did say today that Geddy is a nice guy, so he ought to be happy to hear that smile.gif

QUOTE (jacklifeson @ Dec 8 2010, 02:59 PM)
Im listening to Howard Stern on Sirius and they are interviewing Sweet Connie Hamzy, famous groupie that has been with hundreds if not thousands of rock stars, and she is saying she had given Geddy and Alex oral sex! This was a while ago, not sure how long but Im sure it was a while. She said she wanted Neil because she is into drummers, and had Bonham and Moon, but Neil doesnt give it up!

Oh man! Anyone else hear this?

I actually heard about it for the first time last September while visiting with someone "on the inside". I believe it was back in the early 70's - but I could be wrong? (sorted tales from the road were flowing heavily that day, as was the alcohol) She also took care of some of the crew and is said to have been a really great girl. Not just because of her oral prowess, but genuinely, a nice girl... believe it or not. laugh.gif Sweet, sweet Connie!

Yeah it was weird because, I think she was talking about Bill Clinton, and she said she was sun bathing by the pool at a hotel writing in her journal about the Rush show that just went through. I guess Clinton was governor at the time and sent someone to get her for a meeting lol Then they started talking about Geddy and Alex for a minute. Although she did say Geddy was 15 years before Clinton so maybe this was early-mid 70's.

ohmy.gif No way!

.....This may be saying alot but I really hope that was the only groupie mishap with them laugh.gif . Not that I have a problem with groupies...they're lucky gals if I do say so myself BUT....I was finally in hope that I found a band that didn't have history of 'groupie' anything like Zeppelin...then again...this seems pretty minor... unsure.gif ...but now I can't look at Lerxst or Ged the same anymore! laugh.gif

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Dec 8 2010, 08:41 PM)
I can see Ged & Al getting a little "road head" from a groupie lol. Especially if this was before they were married.

All great and find if it was before they were married....I'd run up and punch them if it was when they were married angry.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Dec 8 2010, 11:54 PM)
No offense, but anyone that thinks in 35 years of touring the boyz didn't get involved in ANYTHING like this may be a little naive. No doubt, they behaved better than 95% of the rock bands going, but still.....

goodpost.gif

Don't be quick to critisise them, put yourself in that position.

The only question is was this before they were married or dating their future partners, alex got maried early and alex introduced geddys wife to him when they were teenagers. I wreckon it must have been on their very first tour or with Kiss

who knows....

A bit disappointed, but not tremendously shocked, especially since it seems to have happened before either one was married.

Now I wonder who the other 5% rock bands better behaved than Rush could possibly be.

But why would she announce something like that to the whole world? Something so...personal. Is she bragging or what?

QUOTE (The Lost Xanadu @ Dec 8 2010, 08:43 PM)
All great and find if it was before they were married....I'd run up and punch them if it was when they were married  angry.gif  laugh.gif

Al was married in 1975, Geddy in 1976.

Connie Hamzy said most of these encounters happened as bands came through Little Rock, AK. Rush played Little Rock once in 1975, then again every tour in the 1977-79 timeframe. Sporadically after that: 1981, 1984, 1988, etc. She also said the encounter with Geddy happened "on the tour bus," which they didn't have in 1975.

So you do the math..........

Peace,

Ron

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Dec 8 2010, 09:16 PM)
Heard it today too. I refuse to pick up what she's thowin' down.

Good idea. Picking THAT up might mean you'd need a course of strong antibiotics.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Dec 9 2010, 09:59 AM)
I can see the headline in tomorrow's Fanboi Times already:

ALEX & GEDDY IN "ONLY HUMAN" SHOCKER!!!!!

I know, isn't it just absolutely appalling that Geddy and Alex were once young and horny? laugh.gif

Yeah I dont know exactly when it was...could have been before they were married. And, dont forget, this was most likely in the 70's and this chick was "famous" (or infamous). It was probably a right of passage to get at least a knob job from her or one of the other famous groupies at the time.

It did surprise me a little though. I dont doubt she is telling the truth, I mean, why bring up Rush if it didnt happen? And, why not just say she had Neil too? She already had Bonham and Moon, and was really into drummers. That would have been the trifecta right there, but Neil wasnt having it.

QUOTE (jacklifeson @ Dec 9 2010, 09:11 AM)
Yeah I dont know exactly when it was...could have been before they were married.

See my post above....if she's telling the truth, the strong implication is that this all happened after the guys were married.

Peace,

Ron

Archived