Geddy & Alex and the Groupie?

jacklifeson

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (jacklifeson @ Dec 9 2010, 01:41 PM)
I admit it did surprise me alot because you always heard how they were church mice on the road. Again, this could have happened before they were married. Im sure the did alot of things we dont know about...they were young, famous and rich rock stars on the road, you do the math.

Doing the math:

young + famous and rich + rock stars + on the road = thousands of stories about "sorted" events & occurrences, most of which will never be told in public.

Bear in mind, Connie was "a fixture" in the rock & roll world back then and it was a whole different time with whole different attitudes. Don't let stories like this change the way you feel about Geddy & Alex. Certainly, none of us should be judged solely on our actions from some 35+ years ago. We're all human and none of us infallible.

Personally, I commend the guys for not succumbing to the career interrupting/ending debauchery, abuses, & narcissism that so many other bands have. They have held it together & remained sincerely cohesive for 40+ years, basically, without a rift and that's a pretty big deal.

As to why Connie is "spilling the beans" now - quite simply, she has a life to lead. Her book "The Intimate Adventures of Sweet Connie from Little Rock" is out of print and girl needs to pay her bills, just like the rest of us. If Howard Stern wants to pay her to rehash old stories, I say, more power to her. Besides, in one capacity or another, people are still interested. As evidenced in this 50+ post thread! biggrin.gif

The point is, WHY is she saying this NOW?

Is she trying to break up two long happy stable marriages?

Does she want money?

Is she trying to start a scandal?

Who knows if they have agreements with their wives- or girlfriends back then, since this seems to have happened before either was married- that may even go both ways. Who knows the whole story?

A lot of people admire the Rush members for various reasons. And their long and joyful marriages is one of them.

Maybe Charlene and Nancy are cracking up. Maybe they are rolling their eyes. Maybe they are in tears. Maybe they are a bit surprised but not shocked. Maybe they are looking the other way. Maybe they can tell it is a lie. If the groupie has been with so many people, she can easily get things mixed up- apparently this happened before I had been conceived and all.

But why is this groupie revealing such private, personal information to all 4 winds? Why would a 3rd party care? What in the world is she trying to accomplish.

In a tangent, I wonder if the remaining 5% of rock bands that behave better than Rush are Christian rock bands. I am assuming that by 95% of rock bands the person truly means rock bands and not other kinds of music groups that tend to be more clean cut, such as symphony orchestras or boy bands or girl groups.

QUOTE (Tony R @ Dec 9 2010, 04:16 PM)
IchooseNotToSpeculateAsIDontKnowThem

As good a post as any on here!

Really - it's not like any of just found out OUR husband/wife/significant other got a little on the side 30+ years ago. No need to take it personally - not that anyone here is, but there you go.

In those days they were on the road or in the studio pretty much all of the time. They didn't see their families very often. I don't think it's as big of a deal as some of you are making it out to be! I'm not saying it was right but temptation is not always an easy thing to resist. They are only human and I'm sure that many of us would have done the same thing or even worse if we were put in the same situation. C'mon, it's Rock & Roll! They saw this stuff going on around them with other bands on a constant basis and they seem to have resisted this type of behavior for the most part. Do I think any less of them because of this? No, not at all! They seem like pretty good people to me, and I know a lot of pretty good people who have done questionable things. These types of things do not define who we are as people as long as we learn from them and realize that maybe they were not the best decisions to make.

QUOTE (IChoseFreeWill @ Dec 9 2010, 07:54 PM)

Is she trying to break up two long happy stable marriages?

Does she want money?

Is she trying to start a scandal?

Who knows if they have agreements with their wives- or girlfriends back then, since this seems to have happened before either was married- that may even go both ways. Who knows the whole story?

A lot of people admire the Rush members for various reasons. And their long and joyful marriages is one of them.

Maybe Charlene and Nancy are cracking up. Maybe they are rolling their eyes. Maybe they are in tears. Maybe they are a bit surprised but not shocked. Maybe they are looking the other way. Maybe they can tell it is a lie. If the groupie has been with so many people, she can easily get things mixed up- apparently this happened before I had been conceived and all.

But why is this groupie revealing such private, personal information to all 4 winds? Why would a 3rd party care? What in the world is she trying to accomplish.

In a tangent, I wonder if the remaining 5% of rock bands that behave better than Rush are Christian rock bands. I am assuming that by 95% of rock bands the person truly means rock bands and not other kinds of music groups that tend to be more clean cut, such as symphony orchestras or boy bands or girl groups.

She's not just saying it now, this is old news which is just being repeated.

She did an interview for Penthouse in 1991 and mentioned her thing with Geddy then, but as far as I'm aware this is the first time she has claimed to have had Alex aswel.

QUOTE (librarian @ Dec 9 2010, 04:01 PM)
1287.gif 1287.gif 1287.gif BURN HER 1287.gif 1287.gif 1287.gif

LOL, and as I read your comment, I'n my head I hear...

The night is black

Without a moon

The air is thick and still

The vigilantes gather on

The lonely torch lit hill...

(and more cowbell starts!)

Saw this pic in the Geddy sighting thread. That looks like the kind of guy that would partake of this groupie...just read his shirt heh..

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq287/PanaceaFish/Geddy%20Lee%20Pix/46.jpg

I'm about as disapponted as when I was in middle school and my brother picked up my Sgt. Pepper album and pointed to it and proclaimed,

"Those are pot plants!"

and I said, "NOOOOOOO!!!!!!! sad.gif

The beatles didn't do that kind of thing, either, you see.

I'll get over it. Sniff.....

Well, seeing as how no one has yet mentioned the obvious (I haven't read the whole thread, but), then I will.

She's lying about Alex. Has to be. The man has what can only be described accurately as a trouser cannon. If she'd done him orally , it would have blown the back of her head off and no more would have been heard from Miss Connie.

QUOTE (Mara @ Dec 9 2010, 06:39 PM)
Well, seeing as how no one has yet mentioned the obvious (I haven't read the whoe thread, but), then I will.

She's lying about Alex.  Has to be.  The man has what can only be described accurately as a trouser cannon.  If she'd done him orally , it would have blown the back of her head off and no more would have been heard from Miss Connie.

That...gave me a REALLY funny visual. Totally made my night! z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Dec 9 2010, 09:44 PM)
it was the 70s... blowjobs were like shaking hands back then.

darn and i missed the 70s rofl3.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Dec 9 2010, 01:06 PM)
I would say (maybe) Neul never ventured away from his marriage, just because he's so different and sensitive,

There was no marriage to venture away from, really. Jackie was his common-law wife. Which probably explains why his daughter had Jackie's last name, and not his.

QUOTE (IChoseFreeWill @ Dec 9 2010, 02:54 PM)

She was being interviewed because she's part of a documentary coming out about rock groupies.

But this is nothing new....she repeated the same story in an interview with Howard in 1991.

QUOTE (Duck @ Dec 9 2010, 06:37 PM)
Saw this pic in the Geddy sighting thread.  That looks like the kind of guy that would partake of this groupie...just read his shirt heh..

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq287/PanaceaFish/Geddy%20Lee%20Pix/46.jpg

Just so you know, Stiff Records was an indie record label, and "If It Ain't Stiff, It Ain't Worth A f**k" was one of their slogans.

Archived