They need to bring back this gem...

shaun3701

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we're talking specifically about Presto, I'd much prefer Show Don't Tell. But regarding the setlist in general, at this point I'm happy with anything unusual that bring forth. ANYTHING, even if it's a song I'm not that crazy about.

They played Presto back in August when I saw the Time Machine tour and loved it that it got on the list but I would love to see Scars, Red Tide, Superconductor, Show Me Don't Tell Me or the Pass. All of those are great cuts and that album has been on my playlist since I saw the show. It has become one of my favorites from them.

QUOTE (Jomboni @ Dec 6 2010, 07:56 AM)
No! Show Don't Tell, The Pass, or Presto, everything else from this album can take a hike.

laugh.gif

Chain Lightning and Available Light are the two songs that are long overdue for a live debut

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Dec 6 2010, 10:54 AM)
No!  Show Don't Tell, The Pass, or Presto, everything else from this album can take a hike.

laugh.gif

Chain Lightning and Available Light are the two songs that are long overdue for a live debut

I love Available Light and would love to hear it, but Ged would sprain four giblets going for 'IN the available light!' wink.gif

QUOTE (Xanadude69 @ Dec 6 2010, 12:00 PM)
If they are going to play any song from Presto it needs to be Superconductor. I think I am the only Rush fan who likes that song. Its actually the only song I like from that album.

Nah...I like it too.

Not one of the top songs on the album, but I still really enjoy it. yes.gif

No! Show Don't Tell, The Pass, or Presto, everything else from this album can take a hike.

I agree as long as you throw in Available Light, I truely feel the aforementioned song would be awesome live!

1022.gif

No . They don't Need to bring back anything from Presto, they Need to bring back J.L.

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Dec 6 2010, 02:14 PM)
War Paint is one of my favorite underrated and overlooked Rush songs. Really love this one....and I think it's a song that would have benefitted a ton by a producer that had some balls. Would love to hear War Paint with the Counterparts sound

yes.gif

Neil's drumming on this song in particular is amazing. Then you get Geddy (in the live version) screaming the last part "the mirror always lies!"

Available Light.

The best song on this otherwise mediocre Rush album. We have heard Show Don't Tell and The Pass and now Presto which are all excellent songs.

War Paint? Meh.

Scars? Meh.

Available Light is a brilliant song. Vocally inspiring, lyrically brilliant. The Piano sounds so good and organic. And Alex's crying solo is just gorgeous.

It is by far one of the most underrated and under appreciated songs in the bands long and storied catalog.

Edited by Todem

QUOTE (JMXED @ Dec 6 2010, 09:18 AM)
They played Presto back in August when I saw the Time Machine tour and loved it that it got on the list but I would love to see Scars, Red Tide, Superconductor, Show Me Don't Tell Me or the Pass. All of those are great cuts and that album has been on my playlist since I saw the show. It has become one of my favorites from them.

dont wanna sound like a dick but its called show dont tell.

welcome to trf wink.gif