Plot for next Indy film!

losingit2k

I thought that last thing with the "crystal skulls" was just awful... but I guess I'd give the series another chance.

I think he needs a historically possible, Christian artifact to go after - like the Ark of the Covenant or the Holy Grail (films 1 and 3 were the best), and shouldn't be looking for some made-up unbelievable artifact. The crystal skull thing put Indy into the realm of Sci-Fi, and I didn't like that.

Maybe Noah's Ark?

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Nov 28 2010, 01:46 PM)
I thought that last thing with the "crystal skulls" was just awful... but I guess I'd give the series another chance.

I think he needs a historically possible, Christian artifact to go after - like the Ark of the Covenant or the Holy Grail (films 1 and 3 were the best), and shouldn't be looking for some made-up unbelievable artifact. The crystal skull thing put Indy into the realm of Sci-Fi, and I didn't like that.

Maybe Noah's Ark?

Agreed on all those points. yes.gif

Noah's Ark would be a decent choice. There must be tons of relics that Indy could search for (Crown of Thorns, the actual cross used in the Crucifixion, the blood of Christ, etc.). Hopefully, he'd leave the Transformers kid at home this time. He's pretty annoying. Hell, bring back Short-Round from part 2 if he's got to have a younger sidekick again.

Was not thrilled with the fourth film. Prior to that I really had little love for Temple Of Doom, easily my least favorite of the first three. Then I watched it again AFTER Crystal....and it's a damn masterpiece by comparison.

Skulls is the only one I don't own, sadly. Being a completist I'll still buy it....but I've not so far and I've also not bothered to watch it again either.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Nov 28 2010, 01:07 PM)
I definitely think Crystal Skull is the worst movie of the bunch, but I don't think it's that bad. Don't get me wrong, it's not a great movie by any stretch of the imagination, I'm just saying it's not awful.

I watched it again the other night and it's not that bad! Yeah they could have left the NUKE THE FRIDGE scene out, but oh well there it is!

Indiana Jones and The Crown of Thorns sounds like he best idea so far!

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

New Indiana Jones Movie Plot idea notes

Lost ancient treasure - maybe Atlantis connection or end of the world 2012 mayan curse shit

Nazi nemesis - scar faced fat creepy weirdo gestapo guy - Leo Decaprio?

Half-decent looking feisty chick damsel in distress action - Ford stipulated no over 40s though - Harrison indicated he wanted to bang Lindsey Lohan but she can't act maybe a cameo as a drunk nazi lesbian?

someone the same age as Ford to play his father - Harvey keitel?

young sidekick for Indy maybe that Harry Potter kid

Whip stunts but sex involved this time as Indy is an old perv now

Calista Flockheart gets a cameo - as a skeleton!

Maybe talk to Lucas get him to write some of his mumbo jumbo to fill out the treasure map bit

Robert Downey jnr volunteerted for the sidekick role, Harrison nixed it: "that hack? no way and he's too old now!"

No jungle scenes unless it's in LA, Ford acts like a teenage girl around creepy crawlies

Can I get Russell Crowe as the fat nazi, oh but that tw** can't do accents he'd sound like

Death scene for Ford he's been begging for one for three fims now but it's fake of course and he comes back three scenes later, no two Lohan, Leo, Keitel and Downey jnr can't have more than one scene without Harrison, it's in his contract aready...

Oh why oh why didn't I sign up for the spiderman reboot?

^^^ Hillarious!

I was thinking that they could do a Star Trek thing where someone comes back into Indiana's past and alters the future. You would have a whole new future for Indy and you could get the same guy who played Kirk to do Indy. lol

Well, since the Indy series is brilliantly staggered in time; you'd have to know that the next film would be in the early-mid '60s and be topically/stylistically in the same '60s theme.

It is the serialism of the Indiana Jones series that has made ALL of the films fantastic (Including, and especially, Crystal Skull). They've been thematic, not in a unitary topical sense, but in the sense of accuracy to the societal themes of time. The time period in which every Indy movie takes place sets the tone for the theme of that movie- for instance, The Last Crusade takes place during the leading days of WWII, and the movie was created in a way reminiscent and tributary to WWII-era film making. It is this "meta-temporalism" (made up word) that makes Indy special.

I think Crystal Skull turned off a lot of people because it was set apart from the others in both theme and time, but there is no other way to do it. The first three movies were in the '30s and '40s, so they didn't have the progression you'd expect after another 15-20 years. Think of the styles in film from the '50s, think of the topics that '50s folk were in to... Roswell, Tarzan, Communists; absolutely. If you're going to be true to the serial form that was intended, they had to go where they did. They did it brilliantly, and I think it's a shame most people overlook that angle of it.

Edited by KenJennings

I thought the fourth film was hilarious, especially Harrison Ford trying to run around and be a badass.

But like the recent bad Star Wars films, no... no... no. There should be no fifth film. I like the old ones, even Temple of Doom, as bad as it is.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Nov 29 2010, 09:30 PM)
Whatever it is Im sure George Lucas will find some way to f**k it up, as he's done in every film he's made post 1990.

Spielberg bore a lot of the blame too for Crystal Skulls...and rightly so. Lucas plotted the film with Spielberg. Lucas didn't direct the movie and didn't write a single word of dialogue. Didn't write the script. Steven dropped this ball. Spielberg can't get the credit for the first three and avoid the blame for the last one. That's ludicrous.

Edited by Presto-digitation

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Nov 29 2010, 07:31 PM)
QUOTE (Alex @ Nov 29 2010, 04:06 PM)
You know its bad when Temple of Doom is better than the most recent one sad.gif

Exactly my experience biggrin.gif

I haven't seen Crystal Skull because most reviews I've read say the same.

If this goes on too long I fear we'll see Indiana Jones pulling his famous bullwhip from the holster on his walker. . .