Rush songs you hate

Lost In Xanadu

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Oct 19 2010, 08:19 PM)
How can people say they like EVERY song Rush has ever done? EVERY song? Seriously, guys? Not one song disappoints you?

Anagram would be my least favorite, but for some reason, the piano in the bridge saves it. confused13.gif

There are quite several really poor songs I don't care for much, but I don't hate any of them. Call me fanboy, but I simply can't hate anything these guys are creating. confused13.gif

QUOTE (In A Tidewater Surge @ Oct 19 2010, 09:18 PM)
QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Oct 19 2010, 05:19 PM)
How can people say they like EVERY song Rush has ever done? EVERY song? Seriously, guys? Not one song disappoints you?

The only two that come anywhere close to disappointing me are Working Man and Tom Sawyer. and even those are far from it.

Tom Sawyer?? hand in your Rush fan card!

I can honestly say I don't "hate" any RUSH songs.

That being said, one song I loved the first time I heard it, but now is my least loved is: Stick It Out

One thing I have done many times thru the years, and I suggest all RUSH fans do this occasionally, is to listen to RUSH songs you don't love about 10 times. Listen for each instrument and read thru the lyrics a few times. I have found that after doing that, the songs that I usually don't 'love' become songs I really enjoy.

Of course it doesn't always work...see Stick It Out

QUOTE (Irenicus @ Oct 19 2010, 09:19 PM)
There are quite several really poor songs I don't care for much, but I don't hate any of them. Call me fanboy, but I simply can't hate anything these guys are creating. confused13.gif

My theory is that Dog Years was a test to see what would happen if they released something ridiculous...whether or not fans would defend it.

QUOTE (thing2jordan @ Oct 19 2010, 07:40 PM)
Faithless
BU2B

beathorse.gif

After a while, Neil, you're not "quietly resisting", you're openly whining.

rofl3.gif goodpost.gif

Um, I would probably put just about EVERY song on the first album in this category. Then, add a few strays, like Superconductor and Face Up.

While, I will not say I hate any of the above songs, I will say they are frequent victims of my "skip" button. wink.gif

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Oct 19 2010, 06:19 PM)

I have 4 kids. one's a high school dropout, and one gets mostly As but I love them all equally...

are you a true fan or not?? lol

QUOTE (Irenicus @ Oct 19 2010, 07:19 PM)

goodpost.gif

I wouldn't say that I hate any of their songs either. It's just that some of them aren't as good as others.

I can find something I like in almost all of their songs. For instance, Dog Years minus the lyrics rocks, Geddy's voice sounds cool on Rivendell, Superconductor has an 80s cheese (guilty pleasure) sound.

1022.gif

QUOTE (Scars @ Oct 19 2010, 10:38 PM)
Hate may be an incredibly strong word, but songs that may be darn close:

-Second Nature
-Red Lenses
-Half the World
-The Camera Eye (though I will admit that it's not as bad now as it once was)

hating Camera Eye is like hating Xanadu... you just can't be a Rush fan and hate that song tongue.gif

QUOTE (YYZrocks @ Oct 19 2010, 08:45 PM)
QUOTE (Irenicus @ Oct 19 2010, 07:19 PM)

goodpost.gif

I wouldn't say that I hate any of their songs either. It's just that some of them aren't as good as others.

I can find something I like in almost all of their songs. For instance, Dog Years minus the lyrics rocks, Geddy's voice sounds cool on Rivendell, Superconductor has an 80s cheese (guilty pleasure) sound.

1022.gif

This is exactly what I was thinking about Dog Years. The lyrics make me cringe, but the music ROCKS.

There Rush songs I love, Rush songs that I like, and a few that I don't care for, but I cannot think of any that I hate. I have found something to appreciate in everything they write and perform, even if a particular song is not to my taste.

I am in the minority here, though, as I love Rivendell and most of Snakes and Arrows, lol.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Oct 19 2010, 03:37 PM)
Tai Shan
Earthshine
Working Them Angels

Dude, I love those three songs.... I have to leave this thread before I rage. I don't really hate any Rush songs. The different sounds of their different periods are one of the things that makes them great, IMO. I can honestly say that when I'm in the mood, I can favor Snakes and Arrows over Moving pictures, or Hold your Fire over Hemispheres. They are variety in themselves, which is what makes it hard to listen to any other band. 2112 or RTB? It just depends on what I feel like. I cannot HATE a Rush song because they always try to do whatever they're doing soundwise well.

Archived