Official "King's X" Thread

jesse2112

I've known about these guys for a long time but never took the time to listen to an album all the way through. I recently bought "Gretchen Goes To Nebraska" and I was really impressed. Good playing, and great vocals from the whole band. I was especially intrigued by Tybor's playing. King's X has one of the most original sounds of any band from the 80's Now I'm off to get "Out Of The Silent Planet" and "Faith Hope Love"
  • Like 3

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Oct 15 2010, 07:36 PM)
You should also check out their self titled release, Dogman and Tapehead. They are very good as well.

yeah I forgot about Dogman it has a great cover of Hendrix's "Manic Depression"

This band is amazing.

Their 5 first Lp are real masterpieces and the 2 last ones are very good again in my opinion.

They have found a very original way of making music with a big crossover between hard rock, soul and pop music.

Vocals harmonies are very nice

summerland

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVpjSoFpERc

• Like 1

QUOTE (tontonfranck @ Oct 16 2010, 01:34 PM)
This band is amazing.
Their 5 first Lp are real masterpieces and the 2 last ones are very good again in my opinion.

They have found a very original way of making music with a big crossover between hard rock, soul and pop music.
Vocals harmonies are very nice

summerland
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVpjSoFpERc

goodpost.gif

It's Love and The World Around Me still blow me away. I got to see these guys in a small club in Syracuse NY a long time ago. My friend kept yelling out Lost In Germany like a drunken idiot and I thought they were going to get ticked off. They played it in their encore.

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Oct 17 2010, 03:13 AM)
my all time fav band.....love these guys. Great music, great people.

I can only echo what my esteemed colleague Mr Fields has said.

Also my favourite band of all time, and three of the nicest guys on the planet...They were extremely good to us and went that extra mile.

here's a link to my story which lets you know what fantastic blokes these three guys are.

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?show...dpost&p=1584073

QUOTE (Fridge @ Oct 17 2010, 06:01 AM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Oct 17 2010, 03:13 AM)
my all time fav band.....love these guys. Great music, great people.

I can only echo what my esteemed colleague Mr Fields has said.

Also my favourite band of all time, and three of the nicest guys on the planet...They were extremely good to us and went that extra mile.

here's a link to my story which lets you know what fantastic blokes these three guys are.

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?show...dpost&p=1584073

Cool story. The only other artist i've ever heard being that nice to their fans was Dio. It looks like those guys take after him in that respect. Unfortunately i've only seen them live once way back in 1993. They were opening for Motley Crue, a very strange pairing indeed. Though not as strange as their current tour with Accept though unsure.gif

I'd love to see them live on their own but they're one of those bands that never seems to come anywhere in my area at all. I might have to travel one day to see them.

Also, I recently looked up Doug Pinnick on wikipedia and it said that he's 60 years old ohmy.gif If that's right, I had no idea he was that old.

The first King's X album that I bought was "Out of the Silent Planet". Then I got "Faith, Hope, Love". I thought that these were great but for some reason I didn't buy any more until "Ogre Tones" came out. I thought that that was a fairly average album. Then I got "Ear Candy" & I was very impressed with that one.

From what I've read here and on other forums it looks like I'm gonna have to track down "Dogman".

QUOTE (Imaginos @ Dec 7 2010, 10:55 AM)
The first King's X album that I bought was "Out of the Silent Planet". Then I got "Faith, Hope, Love". I thought that these were great but for some reason I didn't buy any more until "Ogre Tones" came out. I thought that that was a fairly average album. Then I got "Ear Candy" & I was very impressed with that one.

From what I've read here and on other forums it looks like I'm gonna have to track down "Dogman".

http://www.mp3sale.ru/imag/200x200/26246.jpg

you're going to love it!

I almost played Ear Candy today!

I would live a chance to see them.

Saw them in 1990 on a double bill with Living Colour. Amazing

I still play Gretchen, Faith/Hope/Love and King's X quite a bit. Such a great sound they have...especially those harmonies, and the way they sit atop the heaviness.

Edited by Mystic Slipperman
  • Like 1

I still play Gretchen, Faith/Hope/Love and King's X quite a bit. Such a great sound they have...especially those harmonies, and the way they sit atop the heaviness.

I'm not ashamed to admit I mostly only play the first four albums

• Like 2

I'm not ashamed to admit I mostly only play the first four albums

They are the best, really. A friend of mine made me a CDR of songs from the later albums, and I dig it, but not as much as these.

I've been a fan since 1990. I've seen them a dozen times and actually met them and hung out with them. I've seen them on some very odd bills - including opening for Porcupine Tree. I hope they get around to putting out another album!
  • Like 2

I really dig the first four and the live albums but I listen to pretty much everything but XV which I don't have yet.

Underrated album. I enjoy many songs from this.

Is Pray on that one? Coz I love that song!

I need some more KX in my life. I still plan to collect every album.

• Like 1