VH1 100 Greatest Artists of all Time

librarian

That's Comical! z7shysterical.gif Not just Rush @ 75 (just ahead of Run-D.M.C.

laugh.gif )...but Elvis @ 8? How you put Prince and Bob Dylan ahead of the King is beyond me.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Sep 10 2010, 10:27 AM)
laugh.gif )...but Elvis @ 8? How you put Prince and Bob Dylan ahead of the King is beyond me.

To me Elvis is important historically for his influence, but I really don't ever want to listen to his music. And I would never want to listen to Prince either. unsure.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Sep 10 2010, 12:27 PM)

Maybe because "The King" didn't write most of his material, where as Prince and Dylan did, and do so on just as large a scale.

I don't pay any attention to these stupid lists. Who give a sh*t? They make these lists so we go out and buy their magazine. Well I ain't buying your crappy magazine.

I have my own list in my head, and that's all that matters to me.

QUOTE (Barchetta82 @ Sep 10 2010, 11:34 AM)
Who the hell comes up with this tripe?

it's not tripe, it's someone's opinion, or a poll.

greatest artist? everyone has their own definition of great...

watch I'll make a thread and prove it.. lol cool.gif

QUOTE (New World Kid @ Sep 10 2010, 12:10 PM)
That's Comical!  z7shysterical.gif  Not just Rush @ 75 (just ahead of Run-D.M.C.
laugh.gif )...but Elvis @ 8?  How you put Prince and Bob Dylan ahead of the King is beyond me.

Maybe because "The King" didn't write most of his material, where as Prince and Dylan did, and do so on just as large a scale.

I always liked elvis but I don't see him as having much talent except an awesome voice. he's more like the ultimate pop star.

QUOTE (New World Kid @ Sep 10 2010, 01:10 PM)
That's Comical!  z7shysterical.gif  Not just Rush @ 75 (just ahead of Run-D.M.C.
laugh.gif )...but Elvis @ 8?  How you put Prince and Bob Dylan ahead of the King is beyond me.

But he did put Rock & Roll on the map.

Yeah I'm actually surprised they even made it that high.

Of course Rush is in my personal top 5 but does anyone really expect them to make it higher than that on VH1's list? :maybe: I've come to expect this kind of stuff, and its really not that big of a deal

Considering the source, we're lucky they even made the list, much less made it up to #75.

Only the top 20 really matter as far as truly ranking the artists. From #100 up to #20, every artist there is pretty much interchangeable with any other.

Is Guns n' Roses at #33 really that better - or more important, or more whatever - than Depeche Mode at #98? Even if they are, is it by a factor of 65 places on the chart? Of course not.

I happened to catch it on TV right when Run DMC started, and I was blown away when Rush came on right after, and then *awesome*, my other favorite band came on right after Rush. Very cool.

My favorite bit was the woman (I forget who it was) who said, "Rush should be number one!" and then, disappointedly, "It's not Rush, is it?"

Archived