Best drummer of the last 25 years

jesterhud

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Aug 29 2010, 02:51 PM)
And yet that Slipknot guy comes in first?

Blasphemy! He's good, but not THAT good.

Actually Joey from Slipknot is not really that good even by Metal standards. He is really a kind of "tapper" that doesn't have much power at all behind his playing and he is not very creative. Slipknot as a band is good in that genre but its the huge fan base that votes these kind of things in that direction.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Aug 29 2010, 12:00 PM)
Never heard Slipknot...never will.

I don't call 'em 'Shitknot' for nothing.... 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Aug 29 2010, 03:00 PM)
No Bill Bruford = poll is a popularity contest, nothing more

move along

goodpost.gif

Yep. This poll is a joke. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

This is the true winner in my book!:

http://10thewho.com/the%20who/medium/the_who_humanite_2.jpg

LOL. See when you have the "Peart is the best drummer ever" arguement, you can be easily challenged. So I always do the "Peart is the best drummer, at least within the last 25 years." Apparently no one else agrees with that anymore either rofl3.gif

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Aug 29 2010, 03:00 PM)
Never heard Slipknot...never will.

yes.gif , same here never heard anything by them.

Former Genesis drummer Phil Collins made the top ten, coming in at number nine with around 0.3% of the vote.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn128/Fiyuri/facepalm.jpg

No offense but Phil has not done anything in a very long time to warrant even being included.

Also no Jojo Mayer *at all* and Nicko McBrain coming ahead of Terry Bozzio and Vinnie Coliauta about says it all.

Absolutely pointless poll.

and Christ this is worse than dealing with kids bashing at Guitar Center

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FgTmAGVqzI

Well good for Joey....you fooled em dude-cheers!... I think.

I have to say having heard Gavin Harrison (Porcupine Tree) extensively, that he has ascended above Peart to me.

I'm guessing if asked, Neil would also agree that Gavin's passed him by. The man is incredible, with no disrespect to Peart. They'd be my one and two.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Aug 30 2010, 10:50 AM)
I have to say having heard Gavin Harrison (Porcupine Tree) extensively, that he has ascended above Peart to me.

I'm guessing if asked, Neil would also agree that Gavin's passed him by. The man is incredible, with no disrespect to Peart. They'd be my one and two.

This, so VERY much. I love that guy!

Also, Cozy Powell. R.I.P sad.gif

Love Cozy, was a hell of a drummer, and one of my favorites.

Gavin Harrison is a good drummer, but he is no Carl Palmer or Bill Bruford.

However, Joey Jordison is nowhere close to any of those 3. Terry Bozzio should also be on the list!

Bozzio is on there.....so is Vinnie...but they are behind...Phil Collins and Nicko McBrain? Dear Gawd. Seriously Phil is cool and give him proos for writing pop songs sure...but drumming? He has not down anything great in the past 20-25 years...his best work was Brand X.

Bill is great but his swing is a little off....Carl Palmer has chops for sure. ASIA kind of blew though.

Not having Jojo Mayer the guy who produced the most useful and important drum DVD of the last 20 years is a crime, period.

Like I said Joey sounds the same as every wannabe in Guitar Center...other than the blast beat portion of his solo it was absolute garbage.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 30 2010, 08:27 AM)
QUOTE (Deckiller @ Aug 29 2010, 12:58 PM)
In all fairness, it's 1985-2010, so Rush's so-called "classic era" is excluded.

Very true. I guess it's amazing he's come in 4th when that is taken into consideration.

I wonder if Neil would even be on any list if his first recorded effort was PoW.

Archived