Dear Lindsay Lohan...

Presto-digitation

Let me put it this way too. Think back to a time where you went through some hard stuff. Perhaps you didn't deal with it so well and did some things that were regrettable. And say you happened to open a magazine or go online to a forum, just like this or something else, and found people were talking -- or "joking" maliciously about you.

Do you think that would help your situation any? Maybe some could rise from that but idk, being in a low place before myself, that would just tear me up.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, here's my take, for whatever it's worth.

I really would be stunned if ANYONE in this thread truly wished harm on the aforementioned "stars". We are all just sick of the amount of air time they get, mostly for being overdramatic little hot messes who get attention for being stupid.

Similar to Tiger Woods. I wish HE'D vanish as well.

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 25 2010, 03:40 PM)
Okay, here's my take, for whatever it's worth.

I really would be stunned if ANYONE in this thread truly wished harm on the aforementioned "stars". We are all just sick of the amount of air time they get, mostly for being overdramatic little hot messes who get attention for being stupid.

Similar to Tiger Woods. I wish HE'D vanish as well.

I'm sick of Tiger too, but the difference between him and Lohan is, unlike the movie industry with Lohan, the PGA tour NEEDS Tiger. He puts more people in the stands and advertising money in their pockets than probably the rest of the top-20 combined. He's high profile even if he's not acting like a sex-starved adolescent moron. As long as he continues to play golf, especially the major tournaments, we're stuck with him on some level.

QUOTE (tick @ Aug 25 2010, 02:36 PM)
I just found the op not funny. Sorry, it just made me cringe.
Here is what I think about Lindsey Lohan.
I think she has been quite screwed up for some time now, but I do not wish her life to self destruct any further. It would be far cooler to see her grow up and realize what an asshole she has been.
I don't know about others on this board, but when I was in my 20's, I played in a rock band. I drank too much. I had unprotected sex with women and blew them off. I snorted way too much cocaine. I dropped acid. I smoked too much weed. In my teens I was even worse but I won't even go there.
The point is, I was a f**k up so I will cut her some slack because she may be famous but deep down she is just a person like anyone else, with the same hurts.
If I judge her too harshly I'm just a f***ing hypocrite because I was a total fuckup when I was younger.
I don't think PD really wants her to kill herself(I sure hope not?)but it just failed to be humor for me. Sorry if I offended anyone with my posts but I was just being honest. Its not funny for me.

goodpost.gif

This a horrible, tastless thread.

And Mara, didnt someone close to you commit suicide?...

Shitty of you to even joke about it.

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Aug 26 2010, 04:49 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ Aug 25 2010, 02:36 PM)
I just found the op not funny. Sorry, it just made me cringe.
Here is what I think about Lindsey Lohan.
I think she has been quite screwed up for some time now, but I do not wish her life to self destruct any further. It would be far cooler to see her grow up and realize what an asshole she has been.
I don't know about others on this board, but when I was in my 20's, I played in a rock band. I drank too much. I had unprotected sex with women and blew them off. I snorted way too much cocaine. I dropped acid. I smoked too much weed. In my teens I was even worse but I won't even go there.
The point is, I was a f**k up so I will cut her some slack because she may be famous but deep down she is just a person like anyone else, with the same hurts.
If I judge her too harshly I'm just a f***ing hypocrite because I was a total fuckup when I was younger.
I don't think PD really wants her to kill herself(I sure hope not?)but it just failed to be humor for me. Sorry if I offended anyone with my posts but I was just being honest. Its not funny for me.

goodpost.gif

This a horrible, tastless thread.

And Mara, didnt someone close to you commit suicide?...

Shitty of you to even joke about it.

Yeah, my sister, because her health was failing through no fault of her own. Not that suicide isn't always tragic.

I can, however, make certain distinctions. Euphemisms vs. sick jokes, for example. PD's original post was clearly hyperbole. Like all of us, he's tired of the surplus media coverage of LL. I sincerely doubt he actually wants her to off herself. The whole thread's mostly commentary on the sad state of affairs regarding what people consider newsworthy.

Speaking of judging people, you might try re-reading your post.

Edited by Mara

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Aug 26 2010, 11:26 AM)
This might seem weird, but the one question I want to ask is:

Who the hell is Linsay lohan? I mean, I've heard the name mentioned but that's all - a name.

Maybe its an American thing confused13.gif

Think Kerry Katona...useless "celebrity"

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Aug 26 2010, 11:26 AM)
This might seem weird, but the one question I want to ask is:

Who the hell is Linsay lohan?  I mean, I've heard the name mentioned but that's all - a name.

Maybe its an American thing confused13.gif

She is your typical child star that grows up to have major problems with drugs, alcohol, and a bad attitude.

Unlike celebs that are merely famous for being famous, she is actually a very talented actress whose life went horribly wrong.

Edited by tick

I was disgusted that Lindsay was the top story on the news last night, but I was a little taken aback by the OP's post.

plus Im looking forward to seeing Lindsay in MACHETE!

Edited by Rushman14

Totally agree with Tick here. This is kinda disgusting.

Tonque in cheek, hyperbole... whatever you want to call it, it's tasteless, and I KNOW tasteless.

Just lame, and non-defendable in my opinion. I think a lot of people here have, unfortunately, been touched by suicide, and the thought of anyone doing it, even someone PD considers insufferable, is a strain to read about.

As for Lohan herself, if one is SOOOOOOO above her and her antics... why would one make such a post and waste their time ADDING to the senseless commotion?

I have enjoyed many of her movies with my children, and I really hope she gets her life straightened out and we see her again at the top of her game.

It's not like she's the worst celebrity out there. no.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 26 2010, 01:07 PM)

It's not like she's the worst celebrity out there. no.gif

yes.gif

http://static.thehollywoodgossip.com/images/gallery/spencer-pratt-image.jpg

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Aug 26 2010, 04:26 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 26 2010, 01:07 PM)

It's not like she's the worst celebrity out there.  no.gif

yes.gif

http://static.thehollywoodgossip.com/images/gallery/spencer-pratt-image.jpg

Don't forget about:!

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim//2010/08/26/96681909-2_370x278.jpg

TOTALLY useless!!!!!