Dear Lindsay Lohan...

Presto-digitation

QUOTE (WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER @ Sep 21 2010, 02:23 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Sep 21 2010, 02:08 PM)
She's earned prison time.

A full 60 days might leave a lasting impression...

At this point, I doubt it.

Maybe a 6 month stay at a 'normal' rehab center will help her.

I personally would like to see her succeed in her sobriety....most would.

I would like not to hear about her for a full year and then have her resurface a better person.

Yes...a good stint like you say, not a few days and then checking yourself out of rehab.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER @ Sep 21 2010, 02:53 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Sep 21 2010, 02:36 PM)
A full 60 days? For the crimes she's committed? She's earned more than that. If she wasn't a celebrity, if she were held to the same legal standard as the rest of us, she would have been jailed years ago - and not for a mere 60 days. She'd still be there today.

It was reported that a failed drug test while on probation was 30 days in jail.

She has failed two test since she got out of rehab.....That's where I got the 60 days from.

I agree....she deserves more like 6 - 9 months in jail.

I predict she'll get 60 and serve 30 - 45 days of it.

In addition to the jail time, she'll get 3 - 9 months in-house rehab and serve 90 days...

And then about a 50-50% chance of going back on drugs.

She's got the wealth to do either one, for sure. She can afford both great drugs and great rehab.

How difficult is it to maintain this, especially when she's got the money and time to get the best help and take as much time as she needs to "heal?" The rest of us in a situation like this likely 1) have daily jobs and 2) spouse and children to consider in addition to getting help. Working on not losing your family or your job AND trying to get your shit together.

She's wealthy, single, child-less, and can take however much time she needs and go to the best doctors/rehabs the planet has to offer. Problem is she's never been told NO by anyone, since being a child on TV and in movies...and her mother, who by all accounts completely depends on her to live her own parasitic degree of "fame" in the chic night-time circles and lifestyle, is there to tell her that it's everyone else's fault and that "they" can't do this to her.

She needs to get away from her leach of a mother. She's about 50% of Lohan's problems, I'll wager.

Edited by Presto-digitation

I don't know where all the serious hatred is coming from? Yeah, she is a star who acted like a brat when she was younger, just as many of them did at the same age. If you ask me, she seems to now realize that her problem is pretty serious and she can't really control it! When I see pictures of her, her eyes always look empty and sad! If she is not able to control this, then some of you might get what you wished for! I believe that there is a good chance that she will try to kill herself if she can not get her act together.

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Sep 22 2010, 06:15 PM)
If you ask me, she seems to now realize that her problem is pretty serious and she can't really control it! When I see pictures of her, her eyes always look empty and sad!

Okay, I'm asking you... what makes you think that? She's displayed no behavior so far to show that she's reached any sort of self-awareness.

Also, the pictures... that's not "empty and sad", that's "drunk and high". Big difference (half joking, there).

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Sep 22 2010, 07:45 PM)
If you ask me, she seems to now realize that her problem is pretty serious and she can't really control it! When I see pictures of her, her eyes always look empty and sad!

Okay, I'm asking you... what makes you think that? She's displayed no behavior so far to show that she's reached any sort of self-awareness.

Also, the pictures... that's not "empty and sad", that's "drunk and high". Big difference (half joking, there).

Agreed. Spoiled kid who's high.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Sep 22 2010, 07:36 PM)

Agreed. Spoiled kid who's high.

If anyone has ever battled any kind of addiction, they know how hard it is to overcome. It doesn't matter if you're rich and privileged and don't have to work and can afford expensive treatment. If anything that'd probably make it harder - all that free time and all the money to burn. Obviously if the jail time wasn't enough to scare her, she has a serious problem.

I'm not saying I have tons of sympathy for wealthy celebrities who have the world at their disposal, but she's also a human being who's obviously struggling. It's not like any of us are in her head and know what life is like for her. Maybe have a little compassion?

Because I've been through hell with drugs and seen hundreds of other people go through it and I've seen that look of helplessness more times than I care to remember. Being aware that you have a problem by no means solves your problem. In most cases it only makes it worse. You get the feeling like your whole world is crashing in on you and feel you need to get high and then when you do get high, you feel nothing but disappointment in yourself and care nothing about your life! And may I ask, what experience you have, speaking like you know so much about everything?

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Sep 22 2010, 10:29 PM)

Because I've been through hell with drugs and seen hundreds of other people go through it and I've seen that look of helplessness more times than I care to remember. Being aware that you have a problem by no means solves your problem. In most cases it only makes it worse. You get the feeling like your whole world is crashing in on you and feel you need to get high and then when you do get high, you feel nothing but disappointment in yourself and care nothing about your life! And may I ask, what experience you have, speaking like you know so much about everything?

It's not about me, nor about you. Fact is, you don't need to do heroin to know that you shouldn't do heroin.

You said that it looked like she realizes her problem, and I disagree - because someone with her resources, whatever addictions she might have, would at least make some small effort to clean up if she really wanted to. Some sliver of effort, some tiny little step toward helping herself... but by all accounts, she hasn't. That was the point I was making. Unless forced by a judge, she's done nothing to improve her life. She just rolls from one party to the next.

She could check in and out of rehab and fail for a year and she'd at least get respect for trying, because you're right, addictions suck.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Sep 23 2010, 07:40 AM)
QUOTE (snowdogged @ Sep 22 2010, 10:29 PM)

It's not about me, nor about you. Fact is, you don't need to do heroin to know that you shouldn't do heroin.

You said that it looked like she realizes her problem, and I disagree - because someone with her resources, whatever addictions she might have, would at least make some small effort to clean up if she really wanted to. Some sliver of effort, some tiny little step toward helping herself... but by all accounts, she hasn't. That was the point I was making. Unless forced by a judge, she's done nothing to improve her life. She just rolls from one party to the next.

She could check in and out of rehab and fail for a year and she'd at least get respect for trying, because you're right, addictions suck.

How do you know she doesn't try? Because she doesn't check herself into a rehab? She has been to rehab. When she was there she must have learned that rehab is really, really boring! Rehab is definitely not for everyone! Even AA or CA is not for everyone. I went to AA for almost a year and it is very cult like there. The only thing that really worked for me was having my daughter and knowing that I could not possibly raise her properly if I continued my old ways. I tried to stop for many, many years but I still partied a lot. That doesn't mean that I didn't try. I just wasn't able to control it a lot of the time. Do you really believe that she doesn't care that she has to go back to jail or that her career as an actress has almost vanished?