Battle of Album Sides!

EmotionDetector

Which side do you like better?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Which side do you like better?

• 2112 2 (A Passage To Bangkok, The Twilight Zone, Lessons, Tears, Something For Nothing)
    • CARESS OF STEEL 1 (Bastille Day, I Think I'm Going Bald, Lakeside Park, The Necromancer)

Okay, so far in the tourney...quick recap:

Signals-1 beat CP-1 (59-9)

HYF-1 beat AFTK-2 (27-26)

P/G-1 beat PoW-1 (30-18)

P/G-2 beat CP-2 (28-17)

AFTK-1 beat VT-1 (44-9)

RTB-1 beat TFE-1 (28-19)

Time to continue on with the next set of album side matchups!

I think this one is interesting! Two of the more 'classic' sides from the band...and two that many people seem to have big 'love/hate' relationships with!

2112 - Side II vs Caress of Steel - Side I

5 songs vs 4 songs, with each album's side-long epic being pushed aside! Who will win?

Make your vote count! cool.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Aug 23 2010, 12:23 PM)
QUOTE (Kenneth @ Aug 23 2010, 01:11 PM)
And counterparst got PWNED!!!

eh.gif

Yeah...unfortunately. Tough matchups for the first round!

On the flip side...the entire P/G album makes the second round!

As it should!

Can't believe I'm the first to vote for CoS here; to me it's clearly the superior side.

I can't believe it, but I voted for Caress of Steel.

Bastille Day and Lakeside Park are classics. I Think I'm Going Bald can be humorous, in the right light. The Necromancer was a good try at a more progressive song.

A Passage to Bangkok is a classic. The Twilight Zone, Lessons and Something for Nothing are all filler to my mind. Tears is a decent ballad.

Caress wins for me.

On Caress side 1 you have two great songs (Lakeside Park & Bastille Day) and two lemons (ITIGB and The Necromancer). Even though I don't like those two songs, they wouldn't make another song I didn't like until 12 years later...

I almost wanted to vote for Caress on the strength of Lakeside Park alone, but even though 2112 side 2 is not my fave album side ever by Rush, every song is very good or great.

Anyway 2112 side 2 pretty easily for me...

For the record, I went with 2112.

However, this was far from an easy decision as I love both equally.

So, I tried to look at how I would rank all of the songs together...

Something For Nothing

The Necromancer

A Passage To Bangkok

Lessons

Bastille Day

The Twilight Zone

Lakeside Park

I Think I'm Going Bald

Tears

I love both albums dearly, but 2112 squeaked by with the win.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Aug 23 2010, 05:45 PM)
For the record, I went with 2112.

However, this was far from an easy decision as I love both equally.

I love both albums dearly, but 2112 squeaked by with the win.

me too. Probably the closest of the recent "battle of albums sides". I had to come back to it after about 15 minutes just to mull over it awhile but I finally went with 2112 side 2 by a nose (sorry Geddy...)

The easiest decision so far.

2112 side 2 2.gif

CoS 1 does have the only 2 listenable songs on it (the classic Bastille Day and pretty good Lakeside Park)... but the rest is crap.

2112 2 has Something For Nothing, Bangkok, the oft-forgotten Lessons and even Twilight Zone is cool. Tears is an automatic skip but not enough to stop this train.

Finally, a tough decision for me. They've been real easy to pick so far. But, I will have to go with COS on the strength of Lakeside Park and The Necromancer. I certainly can't fault anyone who voted for 2112 (in contrast to the people that voted for HYF1 over AFTK2. confused13.gif )

Only hard one yet, but I went with 2112. Bangkok and Something for Nothing rule. The Twilight Zone and Lessons are underrated. I love CoS, and The Necromancer is probably my favorite out of all these songs, but I had to go with 2112 side 2 overall.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 23 2010, 01:28 PM)
On Caress side 1 you have two great songs (Lakeside Park & Bastille Day) and two lemons (ITIGB and The Necromancer). Even though I don't like those two songs, they wouldn't make another song I didn't like until 12 years later...

I almost wanted to vote for Caress on the strength of Lakeside Park alone, but even though 2112 side 2 is not my fave album side ever by Rush, every song is very good or great.

Anyway 2112 side 2 pretty easily for me...

My thoughts exactly....

two one one two - side two..... gets my vote

Hmmm...I'm gonna go with 2112 side 2. CoS side 1 comes really close, though. Bastille Day and Lakeside Park are strong tracks, really. And 2112 is kinda dragged down by Lessons and Twilight Zone, but the other tracks are still strong enough for me.

Archived