I like the Big Wheel

Soni

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the song. It's probably one of my favorites from Roll the Bones.

I've always loved it. So much so that I launched a web-site of mine (that sells a software component) to the sound of its dulcet tones. Why? Because the song is about taking risks. Note: 'Launched' means 'I copied the files to the server while I was playing the song on the CD'. The upshot is that the site became available publicly as Alex gives it some stick in the bridge before the final verse-chorus etc. It seemed fitting to time things that way.

Notably, also, the logo I created for the site uses the Moving Pictures typeface sported on the eponymous album-cover. I got it from The Rush Font Project - Google that if you don't know what I mean. Those guys (the typeface guys, not The Boys) deserve some serious credit.

It's that, 'sometimes the odd number wins' line that has always given me goose pimples.

Love that song - a great little ditty. Al, if you are reading this, keep giving it stick, but more so please.

Me like it too. It shows up on my Rush compilation CD's sometimes. One of my favs from Bones. Nothing beats Dreamline though. I still want them to keep Dreamline in the set even though I've heard it a million times live:)

QUOTE (daveyt @ Jun 20 2010, 04:00 PM)
i love it f the haterz

Haters gonna hate. cheer.gif

I've always loved this song. It's a lot better than ph34r.gif "Where's My Thing?". WMT? is easily my least favorite instrumental by them.

I don't care to see it on the setlist, necessarily, but I admit I do find it catchy.

Great song. GREAT song.