What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Going to work on a 30' Maple with the Lad. It was planted too close to the house...which was not a problem three decades ago, but now it's just too much tree in the wrong place. I monkeyed up the tree with a hand saw and, with Junior's guidance, managed to de-limb most of it, dropping the huge branches perfectly between a shed and the house on one side and through the open fence gate on the other.

No more unrest in the forest.

Edited by goose
  • Like 2

I got a call last week from one of our best customers .. He's 76 years old, told me that he'll be spending a good part of the summer in The Hamptons ( must be nice ) and that he'll need someone to take care of "Hemi" while he and his wife were gone ..

I don;t want to store her, and you'll have to keep all the fluids running and fresh

Hemi is his Challenger, and I did some tinkering last fall and brought it up to 520 HP

Being the kind soul that I am, I told him that I'd be happy to keep Hemi fresh and running well ... I picked her up today

Hemi_01.jpg

Hemi_02.jpg

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 7

Found out Peter Gabriel’s albums will finally be available for streaming on Spotify.

Hoping it hits Amazon as well. Once my yearly bill ends at Xmas, I’m sticking to Amazon Unlimited since the audio quality is better and offer more expanded versions of albums.

• Like 1

I made my mother's day today.

Nothing says "Happy Mother's Day!" better than replacing Ma's old, broken toilet seat..... :laughing guy:

• Like 2

I made my mother's day today.

Nothing says "Happy Mother's Day!" better than replacing Ma's old, broken toilet seat..... :laughing guy:

There's nothing like the gift of fine porcelain to pull at a mom's heart strings!
  • Like 1

I drove from Tahoe to Portland yesterday, by way of Crater Lake. Breathtaking scenary, with plenty of deer and pronghorn antelope to see.

By the time I was making my way along the Rogue and Willamette rivers it was late afternoon/early evening, so the light accented everything perfectly.

• Like 3

I drove from Tahoe to Portland yesterday, by way of Crater Lake. Breathtaking scenary, with plenty of deer and pronghorn antelope to see.

By the time I was making my way along the Rogue and Willamette rivers it was late afternoon/early evening, so the light accented everything perfectly.

I saw a group of 5 (pronghorns in CANADA) half an hour south of Regina on Wednesday. I assume they were males as the females are in calving season. Only one of the males was older (had a mane)

• Like 3

I got a call last week from one of our best customers .. He's 76 years old, told me that he'll be spending a good part of the summer in The Hamptons ( must be nice ) and that he'll need someone to take care of "Hemi" while he and his wife were gone ..

I don;t want to store her, and you'll have to keep all the fluids running and fresh

Hemi is his Challenger, and I did some tinkering last fall and brought it up to 520 HP

Being the kind soul that I am, I told him that I'd be happy to keep Hemi fresh and running well ... I picked her up today

Hemi_01.jpg

Hemi_02.jpg

that says donuts in the parking lot to me. and not these kind. The-Best-Way-to-Make-Your-Own-Donuts_1855_40120599_0_14084331_500.jpg
  • Like 3

Found out a perk of my new job gives me 20 percent off my phone bill. Will be paying 30 dollars less so that’s nice.

Your phone bill is $150?!

When you add all the extra stuff like monthly iPad payment and tax and it’s also unlimited. Oh and it’s Verizon which explains it.

Checking the major league baseball standings to find that the Mariners are 42-14. That breaks down to...

21-12 at home

21-12 on the road

:haz:

• Like 4

Robert Plant is touring and, apparently, his show for tomorrow at Tahoe didn't sell well. Groupon special I got tix for $20 each and the whole fam is going. :dweez: :dweez: :dweez:
  • Like 4

Thanks to modern plumbing technology, I replaced the kitchen faucet with zero difficulty. :laughing guy: :laughing guy:
  • Like 1

Thanks to modern plumbing technology, I replaced the kitchen faucet with zero difficulty. :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

Nice!

I got our swamp coolers up and running. :ebert:

• Like 2

Saw more Bats out tonight after not seeing any last night

J7w9DRz.gif

Kind of silly but I had one "missing piece" in my Genesis collection, which was the set "Archive 1967-1975".

I, finally, won an EBay auction today, at "less than extortionate prices".

Yea!!!!

:)

• Like 2