What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Did 30 kilometers on my road bike in one hour and 18 minutes. Felt good. My goal is to ride 40 kilometer in an hour and a half.

Did the same ride, but the other way around, and shaped off nearly 3 minutes! It's gonna hurt so wonderfully in the morning :LOL:

• Like 1

I made a discovery: I'm good at working business market.

Never noticed this hability before because my logical sense is usually slower than other features in me.

But today something changed: :yes:

Time will tell.

• Like 1

My mom said if I am not late to school again, she will give 10 bucks at the end of the school year!

Isn't the school year ending like really soon?

Yes. I get out on the 21st of this month.

Kids here were done May 27. But they go back mid-August.

This made my day yesterday. Yesterday evening to be more exact.

My husband, the Mad Norwegian, isn't a very thoughtful man. Usually, that is. But, he came home last night carrying a strawberry sundae for me. He said I had a harrowing day, and he thought I would appreciate a treat.

Wasn't that nice of him? :)

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 5

My husband, the Mad Norwegian, isn't a very thoughtful man. But, he came home last night carrying a strawberry sundae for me. He said I had a harrowing day, and he thought I would appreciate a treat.

:yes: :)

• Like 1

These days at work is kind of slow. People don't drink that much coffee in the summer. The warehouse department is well staffed the summer over, but a new opportunity arose to me. Over at the coffee roasters they're short staffed, so they asked me if I wan't to try it out. If all goes well it will mean 4 weeks full-time. Which is great because I'm out of school for that period of time. Talked it over with my boss and he told me that he thinks I will be the right one for the job, because I'm structured and well-organized. So that boosted my confident level a lot :)

The more I learn and the more I can do, the more valuable I am for the company.

• Like 5

These days at work is kind of slow. People don't drink that much coffee in the summer. The warehouse department is well staffed the summer over, but a new opportunity arose to me. Over at the coffee roasters they're short staffed, so they asked me if I wan't to try it out. If all goes well it will mean 4 weeks full-time. Which is great because I'm out of school for that period of time. Talked it over with my boss and he told me that he thinks I will be the right one for the job, because I'm structured and well-organized. So that boosted my confident level a lot :)

Now that's really good news!

It's wonderful that it will be full-time work. More money for you to earn. But the best is that he was kind enough to tell you something good about you! :)

• Like 2

My husband, the Mad Norwegian, isn't a very thoughtful man. Usually, that is. But, he came home last night carrying a strawberry sundae for me. He said I had a harrowing day, and he thought I would appreciate a treat.

Very nice, and sounds delicious as well! :ebert:

• Like 1

Now that's really good news!

It's wonderful that it will be full-time work. More money for you to earn. But the best is that he was kind enough to tell you something good about you! :)

Exactly. It's nice to know that all the hard work I've put in didn't went unnoticed ;). I'm extremely modest so I'm not good at taking praise. But it does feel good :)

• Like 2

You are correct being multidimensional is where it's at! At worst it is more "lies" you can put on your resume' & or application for your next job.

Master Bean Roaster :P

• Like 2

Got my laundry done this morning. VERY tiring these days. Should have got my apartment on the ground floor..... To reward myself, went to Arby's for a Beef 'n' Cheddar and Jamocha shake...YUMMMMM!

Yesterday, got a brand new SHARK vacuum cleaner, and I haven't even used it yet. Tomorrow after the Blood test in the AM....

Edited by OldRUSHfan

So, I'm set to retire June 22, so I figured I'd better log into my District leave account for kicks to see how many sick days I'll be leaving behind. Over 180 days on the books. The beauty part? I also have three personal leave days on the books, which means I'll be retiring three days earlier! :7up:

http://igtrcn.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/June17.jpg

• Like 6

So, I'm set to retire June 22, so I figured I'd better log into my District leave account for kicks to see how many sick days I'll be leaving behind. Over 180 days on the books. The beauty part? I also have three personal leave days on the books, which means I'll be retiring three days earlier! :7up:

You gettin' paid for those 180 days??

• Like 1

You gettin' paid for those 180 days??

Nope. Not a dime. The lives I changed coming to work those days is payment enough.

:laughing guy:

• Like 3

Finding all the albums I was looking for at my local CD store. :]

Last time I tried to do that I got burneddd

as in 0/12

$4-$7 new Best Buy CD's shipped are my angle now

• Like 1

"Yeah, can I get 2/3 of a years' salary, to-go please" :LOL: :cheers:

I wish. They did give me a nice shadow box as a memento. I tore it apart and, sure enough, no hidden cash.