What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

I was at the store earlier,

And saw a guy wearing a RUSH shirt. We talked for a bit and I told him about my first concert in 1977. He was like. :o :P

Wearing Rush shirts around town leads to great conversations! :LOL:

~2months ago, pizza place wearing Rush shirt: "You like Rush? That's awesome. I remember my Moving Pictures show in '81... first time I ever got arrested man!"

:LOL:

I was actually in shock. You don't see that very often up here. BTW, arrested for what? :D

My best friend from high school came by relatively unannounced to my sons birthday party. He was invited but in true form he didn't tell me he was coming. He lives in Oregon and flew down just for the day. So that was great.

and the party was mostly a success.

and I still live with the boys mother.

for now!! :dweez: :chickendance: :laughing guy:

Happy birthday to your son!! I hope that he had a blast!

This little guy. Isn't he a doll?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/05/16/11/343AE7FF00000578-0-image-a-48_1463394657252.jpg

What is that?

Isn't he a doll? That's Ludwik, the bald guinea pig (I think that's what it is). Treeduck posted a bunch of pictures of him. I'll find the thread and post the link here for you.

Here's the link: http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/98990-help-me-you-fools-im-naked-aieeeeeeeeeee/

Edited by Lorraine

Current power outage in a storm! It's been like five years! Exciting

Ar you saying this is your first power outage in five years? If so, you are fortunate. Ours goes out at least once a year, sometimes three or more times.

Current power outage in a storm! It's been like five years! Exciting

Ar you saying this is your first power outage in five years? If so, you are fortunate. Ours goes out at least once a year, sometimes three or more times.

Yes. I was convinced it was a thing of the past. Worst outage in a decade plus. Absolutely no lights existed in a 25 square mile area. Not even blinking traffic lights. It was surreal going downtown to check out pitch black skyscrapers.

• Like 1

I just got Internet installed at my new house! (Had to go with Comcast as they are the only option in this area.) 119 Mbps down, woo :ebert: ! And a whopping 6 Mbps up :boo hiss: :facepalm:
  • Like 5

This little guy. Isn't he a doll?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/05/16/11/343AE7FF00000578-0-image-a-48_1463394657252.jpg

What is that?

Isn't he a doll? That's Ludwik, the bald guinea pig (I think that's what it is). Treeduck posted a bunch of pictures of him. I'll find the thread and post the link here for you.

Here's the link: http://www.therushfo...-aieeeeeeeeeee/

I remember seeing that thread title but thought to myself "Nah, I'll pass on that one" :LOL:

• Like 1

I very rarely toot my own horn.

But listening to The Police got me remembering the eighties. I am proud of myself for surviving the eighties and all I went through. I went through hell and became more out of control as the decade went on. It began at the start of the decade and finally ended in mid-'87.

So, Lorraine, give yourself credit for being a survivor in more ways than one!! :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :ebert: :ebert: :ebert:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 3

It was quite relaxing having breakfast on my garden this morning. Then I had the idea of taking a nap among plants too.

I had birds singing around me and some sunlight. It made me feel better. :)

• Like 4

Received a special package from France today.

27312572505_71a21b7ea1_z.jpg

Limited to 500 copies. Now I'm waiting for the The Link Alive LP.

I have to say this is so beautiful. I love the cover.

When I lined all my Gojira records up on the floor, it struck me how coherent their artwork is. Most band's artwork is all over the place, but with Gojira it seems streamlined. Almost as if it was meant to be that way all along.

• Like 1

Yesterday made my day with a flawless hike, equally flawless dinner at a pub, and gratuitous Def Leppard playback.

Today I set some nice hiking and travel records :)

• Like 3

Finally bought a new computer!!! :yay: So long piece of shit you have been replaced!! Oh wait I have a fleeting memory of feeling the same way when I bought my old computer :unsure: :wacko: :LOL:

Did it come with a sober keyboard? :LOL:

In all seriousness, though, I'm happy for you! Enjoy! :)

• Like 3

Finally bought a new computer!!! :yay: So long piece of shit you have been replaced!! Oh wait I have a fleeting memory of feeling the same way when I bought my old computer :unsure: :wacko: :LOL:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_S2mrzynu2Z8/TTq3ueH-irI/AAAAAAAAARc/aCCAROYuy20/s1600/photo%2Bmr.bean-753441.jpg

Whether electronics arrive at Crimms abode sober or not they will be under the influence soon enough ;) :givebeer: :d13:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 3