What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Cleaning up the aftermath of the summer's first of several open houses at our new place in West Carson. Lots of folks stopped by to enjoy food, drink and conversation, plus the music of the concert a block away was just the right volume!

Cleaning up the aftermath of the summer's first of several open houses at our new place in West Carson. Lots of folks stopped by to enjoy food, drink and conversation, plus the music of the concert a block away was just the right volume!
  • Like 3

Did you buy a new house, or is this a summer residence?

• Like 2

We moved...again! We had bought my uncle's place and downsized in 2017 when he moved to Palm Springs. The new place was just a bit too small for wifey, so we found a nice compromise in old Carson City. The house was built in 1934, and is just a few short blocks from the capital building, the governor's mansion, and a couple dozen restaurants and pubs. The latter makes it feel very European. The homes remind me of the South Hill/Manito area, or old Coeur D'Alene.
  • Like 5

We moved...again! We had bought my uncle's place and downsized in 2017 when he moved to Palm Springs. The new place was just a bit too small for wifey, so we found a nice compromise in old Carson City. The house was built in 1934, and is just a few short blocks from the capital building, the governor's mansion, and a couple dozen restaurants and pubs. The latter makes it feel very European. The homes remind me of the South Hill/Manito area, or old Coeur D'Alene.

That sounds like something I would love.

If you feel comfortable doing it, post a picture of it, or one comparable to it.

I love old houses.

• Like 2

Lorraine, here it is on Zillow. No stalking, please. :P

https://www.zillow.c...3/6864653_zpid/

Put it on "street view" and you can go down King Street to the silver dome of the capital. :)

It's a beauty!

Hope you and the missus and the lad have years of happiness in it! giphy.gif

Thanks! :hic:
  • Like 2

Woke up in an unfamiliar part of the county, googled "coffee near me", chose one, and oops! That's where Cars & Coffee does their thing Saturday mornings! So I accidentally had a great time with car people, A+.
  • Like 2

I laid 80 paving stones in my front yard yesterday, and they look pretty good.....but that didn’t make my day.

What did make my day is that my two retired neighbors across the street did NOT come over and patronize me and give me free advice on how to do it.....:LOL: :lol: First time for everything!!

• Like 1

I laid 80 paving stones in my front yard yesterday, and they look pretty good.....but that didn’t make my day.

What did make my day is that my two retired neighbors across the street did NOT come over and patronize me and give me free advice on how to do it.....:LOL: :lol: First time for everything!!

Did you run it all in 220?

:LOL:

Had 2 pounds of a variety of fudge delivered.

...said Kenny Loggins' colonic irrigationist, Bettina.

http://thumb1.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/842245/98636678/stock-photo-country-star-kenny-loggins-wife-julia-at-the-musicares-person-of-the-year-tribute-dinner-in-98636678.jpg

"C'mon Kenny, smile. Don't be a party pooper."

Edited by vaportrailer

What did make my day is that my two retired neighbors across the street did NOT come over and patronize me and give me free advice on how to do it..... :LOL: :lol: First time for everything!!

Umm....I don't get it. :eh:

• Like 1

We always have deer wandering the neighborhood, but today we saw a doe leading twin fawns across the street. :) Edited by goose
  • Like 2

What did make my day is that my two retired neighbors across the street did NOT come over and patronize me and give me free advice on how to do it..... :LOL: :lol: First time for everything!!

• Like 1

That is one young Michael Keaton ..... :D

• Like 2

Quick search: He was 32 at the time

Quick search: He was 32 at the time

Compared to me, that's young .... :P

I was in my best shape at 32 .... where's that Pym/Banner Quantum Way-Back Machine when you need it?

3 years cigarette free!!

I'd never go through that ever again.

That's so awesome! Not a lot of people would have the resolve to quit and make it stick.

LgYD5Fum.jpg. ZgvHqXM.gif

• Like 3