What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

If the text I received is to be believed, I just won $500K in a CNN random drawing!!!

:dweez: :dweez: :dweez:

Just texted them my bank info. Can't wait till the money shows up!

• Like 1

If the text I received is to be believed, I just won $500K in a CNN random drawing!!!

Patience. It takes a while for Nigerian currency to transfer....

• Like 1

Today is the 50th Anniversary of the Apollo 11 launch..... and a beautiful full moon is in the sky.

:ebert: :ebert:

Day is off to a good start. The men's Wimbledon final is fantastic!

For sure. I still can’t believe those two AND Rafa have cleared Sampras’ grand slam haul. Djoker played a helluva shot on that first championship against him.

I enjoyed the Ladies’ final too. Halep was on fire - only 3 unforced errors in the match?!! That’s a superb stat for just one set let alone two sets.

I just had "Eggies in a Basket" for dinner. First time I've made that for myself in a LOOOOOOONG time! Yummy as ever!

KTbDNB3.jpg

kE7SkiM.jpg

• Like 3

I just had "Eggies in a Basket" for dinner. First time I've made that for myself in a LOOOOOOONG time! Yummy as ever!

KTbDNB3.jpg

kE7SkiM.jpg

We used to call those poached eggs. Looks delicious, ORFie!

I learned about this particular meal from watching the Movie "V For Vengeance" it appeared twice in the movie, and looked delicious, so I followed the basic directions, and made some! YUMMY! So if you want to try some, Watch that movie again! lol

kE7SkiM.jpg

• Like 2

ORFie, what kind of bread did you use?

Butter top Whole Wheat, by a brand here called 'Aunt Millies'. I butter BOTH sides of the slices, put powdered Garlic, onion, and gormet pepper on both sides, I use a Contadina Tomato Paste can with both ends removed to make the holes for the eggs in both slices warm up my Cuisinart 5-in-1 griddle/grill on grill setting and sear setting. Place the bread on the surface, fill the holes with a large egg, and place the lid down on the pieces for 1and a half minutes, Flip the slices, and cook for another minute and a half and serve. As you can see from the picture, I also cook the 'hole' cut outs. NUMMY! That's my recipe! Hope it helps!

kE7SkiM.jpg

• Like 1

Butter top Whole Wheat, by a brand here called 'Aunt Millies'. I butter BOTH sides of the slices, put powdered Garlic, onion, and gormet pepper on both sides, I use a Contadina Tomato Paste can with both ends removed to make the holes for the eggs in both slices warm up my Cuisinart 5-in-1 griddle/grill on grill setting and sear setting. Place the bread on the surface, fill the holes with a large egg, and place the lid down on the pieces for 1and a half minutes, Flip the slices, and cook for another minute and a half and serve. As you can see from the picture, I also cook the 'hole' cut outs. NUMMY! That's my recipe! Hope it helps!

kE7SkiM.jpg

Thank you. I'm going to give it a try, but first I have to get a Cuisinart 5-in1 griddle/grill! :)

• Like 1

Are you serious?

No. :P

One of the better scam phone calls I've gotten, though. Much better than the one I got today about refinancing my (non-existent) student loan.

• Like 3

Are you serious?

One of the better scam phone calls I've gotten, though. Much better than the one I got today about refinancing my (non-existent) student loan.

I got one today. A robocall telling me they need to discuss my social security benefits. So please call......yeah go f**k yourself.
  • Like 3

Are you serious?

I get lots of those scams too. Usually someone from a computer company telling me they need to access my computer NOW because it has been seriously compromised. I get others too, but I don't let them say more than "Hello, this is Joe and I'm from [fill in blank]. How are you today?" before I hang up. Since I had the number changed two years ago, I've gotten close to 200 of them. I've written them all down - date, time, place - but CenturyLink won't give me another number without charging me seventy something dollars to do it, so I keep the number I have.

• Like 1

Are you serious?

I got one today. A robocall telling me they need to discuss my social security benefits. So please call......yeah go f**k yourself.

I've gotten that one too.

If you get one that tells you to press a number in order to have your phone number removed from their calling list, don't do it. Your number goes on a list of working numbers to be sold for profit.

• Like 1

The morning glory I planted is really taking off.

Pics?

0Op9Sxl.jpg

Fenr17z.jpgWhen my first wife and I moved to Saline, I planted a couple Morning Glory plants on either side of the front stoop. They were giant blue genus. Used to have a photo, but it's lost now. Spring/summer of '84.

NAGAdFC.gif

• Like 3

The morning glory I planted is really taking off.

Pics?

NAGAdFC.gif

Well, they won't bloom till next year. But they're getting all windy around the wrought iron garden fence, which is cool. They started as two little pint plantings.
  • Like 2

I don't have a green thumb at all which is a shame because i love flowers, especially roses.

I planted some seeds last year (I don't remember what type of flower) and did everything according to direction but they never bloomed.

The soil here is exceedingly rocky which makes digging anything a major chore and I'm not as young as I used to be and really don't have the strength to dig deep holes anymore.

But i mow a nice lawn! :) :codger: