What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Playing arcade games from high school in the arcade in Asbury Park and walking the boardwalk.

I'd give anything sometimes to walk the boardwalk again and take a whiff of that salt air and hear the ocean waves crashing on the shore. How I miss it!!

Where are you again?

Playing arcade games from high school in the arcade in Asbury Park and walking the boardwalk.

I'd give anything sometimes to walk the boardwalk again and take a whiff of that salt air and hear the ocean waves crashing on the shore. How I miss it!!

Where are you again?

3,000 miles from home - the ghastly Pacific Northwest.

I was just listening earlier to Aqualung and was remembering how I won the album at one of the stands at Seaside Heights, Memorial Day weekend, 1971.

Where are you again?

I was just listening earlier to Aqualung and was remembering how I won the album at one of the stands at Seaside Heights, Memorial Day weekend, 1971.

That's awesome . I won a black doors concert T-shirt in high school and I still wear it around the house .

Where did you grow up ?

Where are you again?

That's awesome . I won a black doors concert T-shirt in high school and I still wear it around the house .

Where did you grow up ?

Jersey City

• Like 1

Laura, I haven't been to Asbury Park since The Palace was taken down ..

So there are arcade games there now ?? .. what is it like, overall ??

I lived there when I was a kid

I lived in New Jersey most of my life but haven't been to Asbury park in probably 30 years, so I don't really have anything to compare it to. On the boardwalk is the Silverball museum arcade, it was $10 for an hour, they have old pinball machines and old arcade games like Frogger, Millipede, Asteroids, Crystal castles which was my favorite, donkey Kong etc.

There's a great new hotel called The Asbury, it's two blocks off the boardwalk on fifth street. I'm sure during season it's very expensive. but I stayed there last night because I went to see Kings X at the Stone pony and didn't want to have to drive home.

AP overall is apparently on its way back, but I saw a lot of fenced off construction and closed down buildings, so I'm not sure... I think they're banking on people staying at the new hotel.

• Like 2

U of Michigan Beat INDIANA yesterday! 20-10. Now all they have to do is beat Ohio State next week and their Big 10 record is the best it can be this year! YAY!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20screaming.gif

I lived in New Jersey most of my life but haven't been to Asbury park in probably 30 years, so I don't really have anything to compare it to. On the boardwalk is the Silverball museum arcade, it was $10 for an hour, they have old pinball machines and old arcade games like Frogger, Millipede, Asteroids, Crystal castles which was my favorite, donkey Kong etc.

There's a great new hotel called The Asbury, it's two blocks off the boardwalk on fifth street. I'm sure during season it's very expensive. but I stayed there last night because I went to see Kings X at the Stone pony and didn't want to have to drive home.

AP overall is apparently on its way back, but I saw a lot of fenced off construction and closed down buildings, so I'm not sure... I think they're banking on people staying at the new hotel.

So they built the place back up?

The Stone Pony! Is that a blast from the past or what???? :LOL:

So they built the place back up?

The Stone Pony! Is that a blast from the past or what???? :LOL:

Believe it to not,I'd never been to the Stone Pony!

But yes, AP is undergoing a "revitalization" apparently, but having not been there in 30 years, I couldn't really say what the differences are, but that is what others have told me. The hotel I stayed in was quite cool though.

Actually, I received this on Monday, but HERE IT IS!!!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Me%20stuff/My%20Electronic%20equipment-%20tascam%20dr100mkiii%20header%20cr.pnghttp://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Me%20stuff/My%20Stuff-%20TASCAM%20DR-100%20mk%203.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Me%20stuff/My%20Electronic%20Equipment-%20TASCAM%20DR-100%20mk%203%20rear%20panel.jpg

I was always the 'ARCHIVIST' in the group, recording things taking pictures etc. Now, I've moved into the totally DIGITAL realm with my new RECORDER! Today I get some of the accessories, AC adapter, SDHC card 32GB for LOTS of time to RECORD ON...I'd turn cartwheels if I didn't know it would annoy the neighbors below me...

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Banana%20with%20Headphones%20and%20vinyl%20album.jpeg

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 3

Aretha Franklin did an kick ass outstanding "Star Spangled Banner" at the Lions/Vikings game today!!! She is awesome...
  • Like 2

Actually, I received this on Monday, but HERE IT IS!!!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Me%20stuff/My%20Electronic%20equipment-%20tascam%20dr100mkiii%20header%20cr.pnghttp://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Me%20stuff/My%20Stuff-%20TASCAM%20DR-100%20mk%203.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Me%20stuff/My%20Electronic%20Equipment-%20TASCAM%20DR-100%20mk%203%20rear%20panel.jpg

I was always the 'ARCHIVIST' in the group, recording things taking pictures etc. Now, I've moved into the totally DIGITAL realm with my new RECORDER! Today I get some of the accessories, AC adapter, SDHC card 32GB for LOTS of time to RECORD ON...I'd turn cartwheels if I didn't know it would annoy the neighbors below me...

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Banana%20with%20Headphones%20and%20vinyl%20album.jpeg

Wow, looks nice! I have an old Zoom digital recorder that I bought years ago, and it's worked great. I digitized a bunch of my cassettes with it.

Yours looks extra-fancy!

Enjoy!

• Like 2

Well-timed Thanksgiving phone call to Mom & Dad. They're in good spirits & funny (as usual) and enjoying the gathering with 93% of the Blaze clan. I also asked Mom if she liked her birthday present that Mrs. B & I sent her a few weeks ago. She joked, "Of course! Money is GREAT! :LOL: But really, the photo album too with all those old and new pictures [some from the 70s, some from last month] was awesome. You're a very thoughtful and good son." :)
  • Like 3