A message to all the Rush fans who dont get it!

Astroboy2112

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jun 2 2010, 12:25 AM)

No correction needed, I think, but thank you for your input smile.gif

Excuse me? Correction needed.

You said 80's which correct me if I'm wrong is 1980-1989.

It seems to me there are more than a few people who are fans of their work after Moving Pictures or Signals... Signals through Presto was not in the 80's?

Maybe you should have been more specific, as in exact years instead of decades.

Don't be a chump.

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jun 2 2010, 02:43 AM)
QUOTE (New World Kid @ Jun 2 2010, 08:38 AM)
Nevermind. Delete this post. I misread Fridge, lol.

Story of my life mate wink.gif

I thought you were saying music in general wasn't as creative with tone an technology now as it was in the 70s and 80s... but you meant Rush... and that made more sense... lol

Not that I'd agree, but I didn't feel like arguing that one as much =p

QUOTE (SignatureAurora75 @ Jun 2 2010, 08:46 AM)
QUOTE (Fridge @ Jun 2 2010, 12:25 AM)

No correction needed, I think, but thank you for your input smile.gif

Excuse me? Correction needed.

You said 80's which correct me if I'm wrong is 1980-1989.

It seems to me there are more than a few people who are fans of their work after Moving Pictures or Signals... Signals through Presto was not in the 80's?

Maybe you should have been more specific, as in exact years instead of decades.

Don't be a chump.

Completely unneccessary, and rather silly comment.

Ok, I'll concede that I maybe should have been more specific in my dates, but it hardly negates my point, does it?

There was indeed a fairly radical shift in sound/tone in these "classic" years and no one complained.

Thanks for the advice, but I don't think i have descended into "chumpness" just yet smile.gif

QUOTE (New World Kid @ Jun 2 2010, 08:47 AM)
QUOTE (Fridge @ Jun 2 2010, 02:43 AM)
QUOTE (New World Kid @ Jun 2 2010, 08:38 AM)

Story of my life mate wink.gif

I thought you were saying music in general wasn't as creative with tone an technology now as it was in the 70s and 80s... but you meant Rush... and that made more sense... lol

Not that I'd agree, but I didn't feel like arguing that one as much =p

I didn't even say that Rush weren't creative in the 80s...all i meant was that there was polarisation of opinions on later tone.

I don't think anyone could say that the 80s weren't a creative period whether they like the sound or not.

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jun 2 2010, 12:54 AM)

Thanks for the advice, but I don't think i have descended into "chumpness" just yet smile.gif

I'm afraid you're going to have to concede on that one too.

After reading your numerous posts on various topics throughout this whole forum, I am sickened by your negative approach to every discussion. It seems you have yourself up on a pedestal, having the illusion that your input appears important to other posters - not even realizing how pompous and arrogant you come across.

Please... do us a favor and try to play nice. Don't be a narcissist.

QUOTE (New World Kid @ Jun 2 2010, 12:38 AM)

"Nevermind" is an album by Nirvana. It has nothing to do with this thread. tongue.gif

Love,

"Moist Vagina"

Hey Fridge! NEVER MIND THE BOLLOCKS! Everyone loves to call the Kettle Black! Some love to "Paint It Black" too! Just ask Keith Richards.

Anyway, thanks! My new band is going to be called "KETTLE BLACK."

RUSH ON! 1022.gif

QUOTE (SignatureAurora75 @ Jun 2 2010, 09:24 AM)
QUOTE (Fridge @ Jun 2 2010, 12:54 AM)

I'm afraid you're going to have to concede on that one too.

After reading your numerous posts on various topics throughout this whole forum, I am sickened by your negative approach to every discussion. It seems you have yourself up on a pedestal, having the illusion that your input appears important to other posters - not even realizing how pompous and arrogant you come across.

Please... do us a favor and try to play nice. Don't be a narcissist.

laugh.gif

I think you need to add reading comprehension to your list of skills that need to be improved there mate. wink.gif

If you think I'm negative then that's your perception and your call, but I do feel you are resorting to insults here because you are in the wrong in this particular discussion and can't admit it.

As for pompous and arrogant, well I'll leave that up to others to decide, but personally I don't think I convey that too much.In any case, it's all down to personal perception, and I feel you are displaying more than a hint of arrogance here by not even attempting to answer my points at all.

I also think that you are way off base regarding my inflated opinion of myself....I just say things as I see it, and one thing I never resort to is personal slander of the sort you have just directed at me both here and in the Making Modern music thread. I am also quite willing to admit when I am wrong if someone convinces me with a sound, reasoned argument, something I suggest that you learn to do.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 2 2010, 09:30 AM)

"Nevermind" is an album by Nirvana. It has nothing to do with this thread. tongue.gif

Love,

"Moist Vagina"

Hey Fridge! NEVER MIND THE BOLLOCKS! Everyone loves to call the Kettle Black! Some love to "Paint It Black" too! Just ask Keith Richards.

RUSH ON! 1022.gif

Let me know when the album comes out Earl...I'll buy it.

At least I know it will be METAL

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jun 2 2010, 01:35 AM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 2 2010, 09:30 AM)

Love,

"Moist Vagina"

RUSH ON! 1022.gif

Let me know when the album comes out Earl...I'll buy it.

At least I know it will be METAL

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

LOL!!

You are awesome!!! RUSH IS METAL!!! Jack Black will be on the next Rush Record as a guest artist!! HAHA!

I remember that quote from Neil many many moons ago! "I never thought of us as a heavy metal band."

Who would have thought that in 2010 they would be making a dark heavy metal album!!!!

IN METAL WE LUST IN RUSH WE TRUST!!

Signed,

Tenacious D

laugh.gif

Born and raised in the mid 50's and I wonder what the kid thinks of and 60's music.

I don't need to be told how to listen to music, it either hits me and I like it or I don't, I always give it a second and third try. Can't stand most of the 80's 90's.. LOVE 2.gif

So kid what do you think of the Mama's and Papa's the Electric Pruns, The Byrds, Muddy Waters, Howlin Wolf, The Troggs, Amboy Dukes?

Then too how about the Big Band stuff of to 20, 30, 40's.. Great stuff.. yes.gif

ROCK ON KIDS!!!

QUOTE (Astroboy2112 @ Jun 1 2010, 06:22 PM)
I find there's quite a lot of Rush fans who grew up in the 60's, 70's and 80's who simply dont understand and therefore dont like any rock music after 1991 (when Nirvana came in with Nevermind and utterly f*cked up rock forever).

Fixed!

Leave him alone - he's just scrapped his way through puberty, plagirised someone else's thread to launch his TRF career, he's looking forward to losing his vaginity in the next couple of years and who know's he may even mellow enough to accept that occasionally he may over-pitch his nerdy wayward opinion.

Pompous little sh1t

Oh yeah - welcome

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 2 2010, 09:12 PM)
Gotta give the dude points and props for swingin' a stick with his first post, agree or not. 

Why do I have to give points for that? This is the part that I don't get. The same point could've been made without swingin' a big dick or stick or the slight condescending finger pointing. But whatever trink38.gif

Astro - I hope you stick around and keep posting (or even just a 2nd post would be cool wink.gif ). I guess you had to expect with a post that intense that you weren't necessarily going to get a huge lovefest reaction from everyone. At least it started a more interesting conversation than if your first post was "Hi everyone, I'm new here, isn't Rush awesome?" tongue.gif

Keep on rockin' in the free world! 1022.gif

Archived