If presto Were Represented

losingit2k

What song should represent Presto?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. What song should represent Presto?

• Show Don't Tell
    • Chain Lightning
    • The Pass
    • War Paint
    • Scars
    • Presto
    • Superconductor
    • Anagram (for Mongo)
    • Red Tide
    • Hand Over Fist
    • Available Light

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ May 27 2010, 03:56 PM)
ANAGRAM (For Mongo)...Ok, so I said that just to tick everyone off.

In all seriousness, I would love to hear anything from this cd except for Superconductor or the aforementioned. Actually, Superconductor is such a horrid song that it belongs on RTB. In a way that shows them as forward-thinking.

Well unlike you, I am serious about Anagram and voted for it.

ANAGRAM FOR LIFE!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif

Pick ONE from this album? no.gif

I could pick one not to play really easy..

But they are all so good, War Paint,The Pass,Scars Oh My..

Presto Or Available Light wacko.gif wacko.gif

Available Light if I must.. yes.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ May 27 2010, 02:49 PM)
Look, I love Available Light. But is Geddy's voice up to night after night of "in the available light"? They'd surely have to tune it down a half step or so. It's not really that high, if I remember correctly, but it's awkward.

I don't know he handled the high chorus of Circumstances pretty well (downtuned as it was).

Ged can do it!

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ May 27 2010, 02:56 PM)
Actually, Superconductor is such a horrid song that it belongs on RTB. In a way that shows them as forward-thinking.

Every now and then a slam comes along that's just heads and shoulders above the rest. This is one of them. Ouch. laugh.gif

I chose Available Light because I think Geddy can sing that sucker if he wants to.

Even though Available Light is my favorite song on the album, I would hate for my love of it to be tarnished live (let's admit it, Geddy just won't be able to pull it off night after night). Ultimately I went with Scars, not my favorite Rush song, but certainly different and upbeat enough to keep me entertained (and it is a freaking awesome song) 653.gif

Superconductor is the best Rush as Simple Minds song in their catalogue. Not only should that represent Presto, but they should jam out the ending with about 5 key changes instead of the 2 already on the album. I'll dance the backstep with the white man's overbite throughout ...

Why is everyone asking about albums from the 90's? Every song from the 90's means 1 less song from the golden age.

Don't get me wrong, they did some interesting stuff on RTB, TFE, and the other one...

But...Stop jinxing the 70's-80's classics with suggesting these lesser songs.

I think "War Paint" and "Presto" are my top two songs that I'd like to hear live. I'd also like to hear "Show Don't Tell", "Chain Lightning", "The Pass", "Scars", or "Available Light".

Has anyone even seen 'War Paint' live? Go to YouTube and check out the Mountain View performance on 6-27-1990. I don't get it. That song just kicks ass live. Maybe it's just me. That is definitely the song to represent Presto. Edited by Andrew1

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ May 28 2010, 05:19 PM)
I think "War Paint" and "Presto" are my top two songs that I'd like to hear live. I'd also like to hear "Show Don't Tell", "Chain Lightning", "The Pass", "Scars", or "Available Light".

Yes! Good call on 'War Paint' Xanadu93! What about the song do you like when its played live? I'm assuming you've checked it out on YouTube or something....

QUOTE (KillerInstinct @ May 27 2010, 05:21 PM)
Am I the only one voting for War Paint? Come on, its a good song smile.gif

No! You're not the only one KillerInstinct. What's wrong with these people?! tongue.gif

Edited by Mara

Available Light, hands down. The song is unmatched in energy and excitement. But I love the entire album. War Paint and Chain Lightning are a close 2nd and 3rd. I'd also like to see The Pass, but it's already had it's time to shine on the VT tour.

Presto or The Pass, I ve been listening to the entire album a lot lately and my opinion has really changed I couldn't stand it before now i really like it new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (xXDreamlinerXx @ May 30 2010, 12:29 AM)
Available Light, hands down. The song is unmatched in energy and excitement. But I love the entire album. War Paint and Chain Lightning are a close 2nd and 3rd. I'd also like to see The Pass, but it's already had it's time to shine on the VT tour.

As mentioned before, my only reservations about Available Light concern Geddy's voice.

His voice on this track is absolutely stellar, really incredible stuff. It really is one of his best performances ever, live or recorded, IMO. And I am talking about the whole song, not just the "in the available light" part.

I'm not complaining at all - we all get older and, in most cases, voices change. He sounds great now, but I'm not sure he's up to this song - and certainly not many, many repeat performances. I'm not sure I want to see what happens here.

QUOTE (Mara @ May 30 2010, 03:03 AM)
QUOTE (xXDreamlinerXx @ May 30 2010, 12:29 AM)

As mentioned before, my only reservations about Available Light concern Geddy's voice.

His voice on this track is absolutely stellar, really incredible stuff. It really is one of his best performances ever, live or recorded, IMO. And I am talking about the whole song, not just the "in the available light" part.

I'm not complaining at all - we all get older and, in most cases, voices change. He sounds great now, but I'm not sure he's up to this song - and certainly not many, many repeat performances. I'm not sure I want to see what happens here.

I definately see what you're getting at... but he was able to to pull off Freewill for both legs of the S&A tour perfectly. I'm not sure what kind of condition his voice is in as of now, but if it's as good as it was on the previous tour, I'd say he could pull it off. Thing is, if he isn't in as good condition, I don't know if i'd wanna see it live... hmmm...

I'm a little surprised I was the only one who voted for Hand Over Fist. I like the song a lot.

'You talk as we walk along, I never imagined I could be so worng. Humming your favorite song, you know I've hated that song for so long ! How can we ever agree ? Like the rest of the world we grow farther apart.."

Great stuff.

I'ma go with The Pass. Chain Lightning comes close, as I wouldn't mind hearing a live version of it, but The Pass is probably the only song that I can stand the most from Presto. Scars is ok but it lacks something. I also feel like I'm one of the few that wouldn't mind Superconductor. laugh.gif Everything else... 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (anchorman @ May 30 2010, 12:32 PM)
I'm a little surprised I was the only one who voted for Hand Over Fist. I like the song a lot.

'You talk as we walk along, I never imagined I could be so worng. Humming your favorite song, you know I've hated that song for so long ! How can we ever agree ? Like the rest of the world we grow farther apart.."

Great stuff.

It is a very good song, and that's a great moment in it. Also love Alex's guitar on the the fade out.

Just wasn't my #1 Presto song, because I like all of them 653.gif