Rush getting paid $450,000

According to the Syracuse Post Standard:

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/201...e_most_exp.html

Actually, the article is about Aerosmith being paid $1million to play the fair ohmy.gif but they list the other big acts.

Take it as you will. Personally, I feel they earn every penny but I know there are plenty others who think otherwise.

Not sure the dynamics of this "paycheck" and what they get from tickemaster, etc. No clue at all how it's broken up..

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a joke ,Aerosmith getting that payday

They have toured their ass off for over 35 Years....good for them...g-d bless them....we all would love to be paid like that to jam for 3 hours.

These guys get paid for the revenue they bring in.Aerosmith has a much larger fan base than Rush so that's why they get double. They'll make more for the fair.

Now, I'd be REALLY pissed is Justin freakin's Beiber got more than Rush!

That's an interesting read....thanks for posting.

QUOTE (Todem @ May 24 2010, 06:45 PM)
They have toured their ass off for over 35 Years....good for them...g-d bless them....we all would love to be paid like that to jam for 3 hours.

When is the last time Aeroshit did a Jam For 3 Hours ? They have sucked since 1980....imo

Edited by metaldad

That's considerably less than I'd have thought, especially once you factor in what the entire production has to be costing them.

They earn it. It doesn't bother me in the least.

QUOTE (Mara @ May 24 2010, 09:51 PM)
That's considerably less than I'd have thought, especially once you factor in what the entire production has to be costing them.

What's up Marietta???

QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 24 2010, 09:55 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ May 24 2010, 09:51 PM)
They earn it.  It doesn't bother me in the least.

What's up Marietta???

Whole lotta nuthin', Ros! You?

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ May 24 2010, 10:43 PM)
That's it? I actually think they are getting jacked

LOl, that was my first thought as well. I bet they're taxed out the wazoo too - don't forget, all 3 of them are paying Canadian and US tax on the income. (Not 100% sure about Neil, since he's a full-time resident here pretty much).

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 24 2010, 08:12 PM)

When is the last time Aeroshit did a Jam For 3 Hours ? They have sucked since 1980....imo

Ummmm talking about Rush here.....and on that note...Aerosmith puts on one hell of a live show...all energy and they also jam their ass's off be it not 3 hours....I believe you make as much as you can while the getting is good...who the hell are we to judge anyone in America on what they make...free country bro.

We all try to earn what we can. At least I know I work my ass off and try to make as much as I can as well in an honest manner. And there is nothing more honest than playing great music for your fans....it does not get any more honest than that.

Whether someone thinks a band has sucked since 1980 or not...it is quite obvious if Aerosmith can command a 1MM payday...they are doing something right.

Edited by Todem

QUOTE (Mara @ May 24 2010, 08:51 PM)

Yeah, who cares? I'm glad they're getting that much. We should all be so lucky down the road.

I think the $450,000 that Rush is receiving is just their guarantee. They will also receive a percentage of the gross ticket sales and their merchandise. This is usually how these types of situations work out. Rush could end up with one hell of a payday for this one show.

QUOTE (Todem @ May 25 2010, 09:51 AM)
Ummmm talking about Rush here.....and on that note...Aerosmith puts on one hell of a live show...all energy and they also jam their ass's off be it not 3 hours....I believe you make as much as you can while the getting is good...who the hell are we to judge anyone in America on what they make...free country bro.

We all try to earn what we can. At least I know I work my ass off and try to make as much as I can as well in an honest manner. And there is nothing more honest than playing great music for your fans....it does not get any more honest than that.

Whether someone thinks a band has sucked since 1980 or not...it is quite obvious if Aerosmith can command a 1MM payday...they are doing something right.

I don't think RUSH is going to do there typical 3 hour show @ the State Fair Gig.....

Just cause Aerosmith can & get 1m for similar show doesn't mean they are doing anything right, just means they have kissed tons of ass to get universaly popular, they learned this trick during the late 80's & mtv era.

???

How much are tickets for this show ???

???

Here @ the state fair it's $ 12 .00 dollars & you get GA into the venue

They have about 1/3 reserved for like 20.00 extra

But RUSH isn't playing the Fair here . . . . .

goodpost.gif

SPOT ON!

The problem is the mentality of this country has become that Capitalism is Evil.....and how DARE Aerosmith make this much money (or Rush) and us poor working class stiffs are the victims of these evil capitalists having to fork out hundreds of dollars for the tickets

It's just a different mindset in 2010 America

Sorry , i Really thought you were talking about Aerosmith because your post was after mine trink39.gif