Rotate Your Stock!

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked up a four-pack of Ayinger Celebrator Doppelbock yesterday. Looking forward to trying it.

Edit: what are you supposed to do with the little plastic goats they hung around the bottle necks?

Edited by Jack Aubrey

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Feb 1 2008, 10:21 AM)

Edit: what are you supposed to do with the little plastic goats they hung around the bottle necks?

Uh, hang them from the rear view mirror in your car?

Give them to your children as toys?

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert

Totally restocked with new stuff.

Trying lots of beers I have never tried before.

Currently in my fridge:

Butte Creek Organic Porter

Butte Creek Organic India Pale Ale

Hoegaarden (a "belgian white beer")

3 Monts Flanders Golden Ale

Leffe Blonde

Delirium Tremens (I think I actually tried this one before, but not sure)

QUOTE (Dread Pirate Robert @ Feb 1 2008, 08:28 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Feb 1 2008, 10:21 AM)

Uh, hang them from the rear view mirror in your car?

Give them to your children as toys?

laugh.gif I'm going to give them to my eight year old niece to make necklaces or whatever.

Beers

Samuel Adams.....

Irish Red (8)

Double Bock (3)

Black Lager (2)

Cream Stout (1)

Scotch Ale (1)

Boston Lager (4)

Brown Ale (2)

White Ale (1)

Victory....

Prima Pils (2)

Hop Devil (2)

Whirlwind (1)

Samuel Smith.....

Oatmeal Stout (3)

Winter Welcome Ale (1)

Taddy Porter (2)

Left Hand Milk Stout (2)

McEwans Scotch Ale (6)

Sierra Nevada Celebration (4)

Guiness Draft Stout (1)

Whisky

Macallan 10 year Fine Oak

Ardbeg 10 year

Glenlivet 12 year

Glenfiddich 15 year Solera Reserve

Glenmorangie 12 year Port Wood Finish

Balentine Blended Scotch

Jack Daniels Single Barrel Series

Knob Creek

Congac

Pierre Ferrand 25 year

Landy VS

Hennessy VS

Vodka

Boru Crazzberry

Stolichnaya

Christiania

Khalua

Bailey's

Malibu Coconut Rum

Goslings Black Seal Rum

Jose Cuervo

Various mixers and other such things

well it being the early fall, I recently found myself some time to go through my stock of beer, wine, and liquor, and discard what had gone past it's best-by date (mostly seasonal beers) and things that had just been sitting around for a very long time (sadly some McEwan's and other really good beer went the way of last week's left over meatloaf....). Of course as I did this I took the time to get a proper inventory of my stock on hand done... and I'm below the two cases of beer mark, so that's a good sign, now if I could get the liquor in the house under control (unfortunately seems no one drank any of the stuff I bought for the summer, at least it'll be good next year)

current stock as of 10/9/08

Beer

Fisherman's Brew- 4

Guiness Extra Stout- 1

Harpoon Laviathan Imperial IPA- 4

Harpoon 100 Barrel Series Firth of Fourth Ale- 1, 22 oz

Harpoon IPA- 6

Lindeman Framboise Lambic- 1, 25 oz

Moosehead- 1

Newcastle- 1

Rogue Dead Guy Ale- 1, 22 oz

Samuel Adams Imperial Pilsner- 4

Samuel Smith India Ale- 1, 22 oz

San Miguel Dark- 1

Stone IPA- 3

Stone Ruination- 1, 22 oz

Tsing Tao- 1

Victory Golden Monkey- 1

Victory Prima Pils- 1

Wachusett Green Monsta Pale Ale- 4

Woodpecker Cider- 6

Liquor

Lucid Absinthe

Dekuyper Apple Pucker

Godiva Chocolate Liqueur

Godiva White Chocolate Liqueur

Kaluha

Landy VS Cognac

Triple Sec

Malibu Coconut Rum

Goslings Black Seal Rum

Mt Gay Gold Rum

10 Cane Rum

Jose Cuervo Gold

Gran Centenario Anjeo

Espolon Anjeo

Stolichnaya

Christiania

Grey Goose

Jim Beam White Label Bourbon

Jefferson's Bourbon

Jameson

Jim Beam Yellow Label Rye

Jack Daniels Single Barrel 2007

MacAllan 10 Year Fine Oak

MacAllan Cask Strength

Glenlivet 12 Year

Glenlivet 15 Year French Oak Reserve

Glenlivet 16 Year Nadurra Cask Strength

Glenfiddich 15 Year

Ardbeg 10 Year

Wine

Andretti Cabernet Sauvignon, California

Mirabooka Cabernet Sauvignon, Australia

Stock Dry Vermouth

Mission Hill Five Vineyards Ice Wine

Dom Brunet Pinot Noir, France

Warre's Warrior Porto

Polka Dot Riesling, Germany

Sauvion Vouvray, France

Damn, guys. Can I come over? I'll bring pizza... laugh.gif

All I have right now is some Winterhook in the fridge. And some Gato Negro cab. I'm going to stop by my corner store and pick up some porter by Kona Brewing co. Made with a bit of coffee grown there on the big island.

Wild Turkey American Honey in the freezer and Jagermeister (the wife's.)

Right now, heineken, ultra, longboard and "Tiger" - a micro from Wells, Nevada.

In the wine cabinet there's a new collection - a gift of 12 Wall Street Journal selected wines, from my mom. Sure beats those socks & underwear I used to get for Christmas!

bumper.gif Freshly stocked with Arrogant Bastard, Stone Smoked Porter, Samuel Smith Imperial Stout, Sam Adams Imperial Stout, Sam Adams Black Lager and Sam Adams Cream Stout.

I was never crazy about Sam Adams products, I mean it was ok but I'd rather drink something else. And then I tried the Black Lager. I loved it. So I gave the Cream Stout a try and it was very nice as well. At this very moment I am enjoying a Sam Adams Imperial Stout that is an admirable attempt at this style.

Coming soon: I've got some Oaked Arrogant Bastard on the way that I can't wait to try as well as some Stone Russian Imperial Stout.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Feb 15 2009, 01:57 PM)
bumper.gif Freshly stocked with Arrogant Bastard, Stone Smoked Porter, Samuel Smith Imperial Stout, Sam Adams Imperial Stout, Sam Adams Black Lager and Sam Adams Cream Stout.

I was never crazy about Sam Adams products, I mean it was ok but I'd rather drink something else. And then I tried the Black Lager. I loved it. So I gave the Cream Stout a try and it was very nice as well. At this very moment I am enjoying a Sam Adams Imperial Stout that is an admirable attempt at this style.

Coming soon: I've got some Oaked Arrogant Bastard on the way that I can't wait to try as well as some Stone Russian Imperial Stout.

The Stone Imperial Russian Stout is great. A pint of that on a cold winter's evening makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Feb 15 2009, 02:38 PM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Feb 15 2009, 01:57 PM)

The Stone Imperial Russian Stout is great. A pint of that on a cold winter's evening makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

My beer guy just got that stuff in. Going to pick some up on my next trip there. trink38.gif

In the meantime, I'll have to muddle through with what I have in stock now:

Arrogant Bastard

Oaked Arrogant Bastard

Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout

Route 113 IPA

The Bitter End Pale Ale

Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA

Santa Fe Pale Ale

Theakston Old Peculier Ale

Flying Dog Horn Dog Barleywine Ale

Newcastle Brown Ale

653.gif The store around the corner is now carrying some Stone products. They had some ABA and Stone Pale Ale in stock! 653.gif

Now I don't have to drive 30 minutes to get some ABA.

I picked up a sixer of Stone Pale Ale and a few more bombers of ABA. I requested he stock some Oaked ABA, Smoked Porter, Ruination IPA & Self Righteous Ale. He said he'd try to get them in. Cross your fingers.

I gotta say, I really like the ABA very much, but the Stone Smoked Porter is simply outstanding. trink38.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Feb 19 2009, 05:10 PM)
653.gif The store around the corner is now carrying some Stone products. They had some ABA and Stone Pale Ale in stock! 653.gif

I picked up a sixer of Stone Pale Ale and a few more bombers of ABA. I requested he stock some Oaked ABA, Smoked Porter, Ruination IPA & Self Righteous Ale. He said he'd try to get them in. Cross your fingers.

I gotta say, I really like the ABA very much, but the Stone Smoked Porter is simply outstanding. trink38.gif

Stone is really branching out. Good for them, they make some of the best beers in the U.S. trink38.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 19 2009, 06:12 PM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Feb 19 2009, 05:10 PM)
653.gif  The store around the corner is now carrying some Stone products. They had some ABA and Stone Pale Ale in stock!  653.gif 

I gotta say, I really like the ABA very much, but the Stone Smoked Porter is simply outstanding.  trink38.gif

Stone is really branching out. Good for them, they make some of the best beers in the U.S. trink38.gif

Agreed. I have been eagerly awaiting Stone's arrival in Florida for a number of years. After I first found them, I had a fear that perhaps I had built up such a mystique in my mind about the Stone products, that they could never live up to my expectations.

Well, the folks at Stone need not worry. They more than live up to the hype.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Feb 19 2009, 06:04 PM)
Have you tried the Pale Ale yet? For some reason I don't care that much for it but maybe it's because my palate has been Ruinated... trink38.gif

As much as I like AB and Ruination and heavy beers of that ilk, my palette still likes a good ol' pale ale. Most of my beer drinking at home is with dinner, and I find that beers like AB or double IPAs are too heavy and overpowering with most foods.

Stone's pale ale is excellent, and is a step up from Sierra Nevada PA, which remains an excellent beer.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 19 2009, 06:15 PM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Feb 19 2009, 06:04 PM)
Have you tried the Pale Ale yet? For some reason I don't care that much for it but maybe it's because my palate has been Ruinated... trink38.gif

As much as I like AB and Ruination and heavy beers of that ilk, my palette still likes a good ol' pale ale. Most of my beer drinking at home is with dinner, and I find that beers like AB or double IPAs are too heavy and overpowering with most foods.

Stone's pale ale is excellent, and is a step up from Sierra Nevada PA, which remains an excellent beer.

mmm.....Sierra Nevada PA just does it for me. Love that stuff. I meant to quote Snowdog in my previous post but forgot. I was wondering what he thought about it since he just got it.

I was on a kick of trying a lot of Stone beers and perhaps tried the PA too soon after one of their more potent or flavorful brews. Ok, I'll drink some more if I have to....