Rotate Your Stock!

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Feb 19 2009, 06:19 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 19 2009, 06:15 PM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Feb 19 2009, 06:04 PM)
Have you tried the Pale Ale yet? For some reason I don't care that much for it but maybe it's because my palate has been Ruinated... trink38.gif

As much as I like AB and Ruination and heavy beers of that ilk, my palette still likes a good ol' pale ale. Most of my beer drinking at home is with dinner, and I find that beers like AB or double IPAs are too heavy and overpowering with most foods.

Stone's pale ale is excellent, and is a step up from Sierra Nevada PA, which remains an excellent beer.

mmm.....Sierra Nevada PA just does it for me. Love that stuff. I meant to quote Snowdog in my previous post but forgot. I was wondering what he thought about it since he just got it.

I was on a kick of trying a lot of Stone beers and perhaps tried the PA too soon after one of their more potent or flavorful brews. Ok, I'll drink some more if I have to....

For sure, a Sierra Nevada PA is always a treat. It's a consistently good go-to beer that's easy to find -- which means there's never an excuse to drink a bad beer. trink38.gif

I normally prefer beers that aren't too effervescent, and Stone's PA is slightly less bubbly than SN's (SN's practice of bottle conditioning is probably responsible for that). For that reason alone I'll give Stone the slight edge, but that's not a knock on SN at all.

If you want to try the ultimate Sierra Nevada beer, see if you can find their Harvest Ales. There's three of them, and they are so fresh and flavorful you'll think they were brewed yesterday. They might be the best pale ales out there.

http://www.sierranevada.com/beers/harvest.html

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/Beer/harvest2008_bottle.jpg

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Feb 19 2009, 07:19 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 19 2009, 06:15 PM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Feb 19 2009, 06:04 PM)
Have you tried the Pale Ale yet? For some reason I don't care that much for it but maybe it's because my palate has been Ruinated... trink38.gif

As much as I like AB and Ruination and heavy beers of that ilk, my palette still likes a good ol' pale ale. Most of my beer drinking at home is with dinner, and I find that beers like AB or double IPAs are too heavy and overpowering with most foods.

Stone's pale ale is excellent, and is a step up from Sierra Nevada PA, which remains an excellent beer.

mmm.....Sierra Nevada PA just does it for me. Love that stuff. I meant to quote Snowdog in my previous post but forgot. I was wondering what he thought about it since he just got it.

I was on a kick of trying a lot of Stone beers and perhaps tried the PA too soon after one of their more potent or flavorful brews. Ok, I'll drink some more if I have to....

I liked the Stone Pale Ale. It was very drinkable, nice medium bodied beer. Typically I prefer a porter or stout, but this was avery good pale ale. I have yet to try the Sierra Nevada. Maybe I'll pick some up. I do love the SN Porter, though it is trink38.gif tasty

653.gif Just added a sixer of Oaked AB and a sixer of Stone Imperial Russian Stout to the stock. Can't wait to try both.

The current inventory is:

Oaked Arrogant Bastard

Arrogant Bastard

Stone Imperial Russian Stout

Stone Smoked Porter

Stone Pale Ale

Samuel Smith Imperial Stout

Samuel Adams Imperial Stout

Samuel Adams Black Lager

Rogue Mocha Porter

For those who shun mass produced brews, I have to say the Sam Adams Imperial Stout and Black Lager are actually nice efforts. Give 'em a shot.

I just finished off the last bottle of AB and Oaked AB (thanks again 1-0-0-1) and this weekend I picked up:

Ommegang Belgian Abbey Ale

Flying Dog Classic Pale Ale Doggy Style!

Founders Centennial IPA

Stone IPA

Stone Smoked Porter

McSorley's Irish Ale

that oughta get me through to Saturday...

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Feb 23 2009, 07:18 PM)
McSorley's Irish Ale

2 great beers................ trink39.gif

1022.gif

I just finished off the last bottle of AB and Oaked AB (thanks again 1-0-0-1) and this weekend I picked up:

Founders Centennial IPA
Stone IPA
Stone Smoked Porter
McSorley's Irish Ale

No recession for you I guess ? ohmy.gif

I have 5 cans of Miller high life in my fridge. tongue.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Mar 12 2009, 04:21 PM)

Founders Centennial IPA
Stone IPA
Stone Smoked Porter
McSorley's Irish Ale

No recession for you I guess ? ohmy.gif

I have 5 cans of Miller high life in my fridge. tongue.gif

One must prioritize Tick. The kids ate pop tarts for breakfast and I'm re-using the coffee filter...but beer? beer? Come on now

BTW, anyone try Flying Dog's Snake Dog IPA?

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Mar 13 2009, 01:13 PM)

BTW, anyone try Flying Dog's Snake Dog IPA?

*raises hand* I have! It wasn't bad, but it didn't have the body and hop bite that Stone's or Dogfish Head's IPAs do. I'd categorize it as middle of the road.

I'm not a big fan of any of Flying Dog's beers -- all just average beers IMO. Their Horn Dog barleywine is pretty good though.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Mar 14 2009, 05:21 PM)
Picked up a pint of Sam Smith's Taddy Porter and a pint of Sierra Nevada's Wet Hop Ale.

Is that Wet Hop one of the Harvest Ales? I have one of those in my fridge and I've yet to try it. I've had one of the other two Harvest Ales a few times and loved it.

Picked up a pint of Sam Smith's Taddy Porter and a pint of Sierra Nevada's Wet Hop Ale.

Haven't tried the Wet Hop (seems like I say that about a lot of the SN products, I gotta get crackin' laugh.gif )

The SS Taddy Porter is very nice, though trink38.gif I like it a lot.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 14 2009, 04:34 PM)

Is that Wet Hop one of the Harvest Ales? I have one of those in my fridge and I've yet to try it. I've had one of the other two Harvest Ales a few times and loved it.

Yep, it says: 12th Release Harvest Wet Hop Ale.

Smells just like Ruination, which is to say wonderful. Tastes a lot like Ruination but not nearly as ruinous to the palate. Very citrusy, piney and hoppy but a pretty clean finish. Very dark amber color.

Recommended very highly.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Mar 14 2009, 04:42 PM)

Haven't tried the Wet Hop (seems like I say that about a lot of the SN products, I gotta get crackin' laugh.gif )

I had the Porter with a New York Strip last night. Paired very well and as always the Sam Smith was delicious. Like George Washington, the Porter could be my favorite brew to have on a regular basis especially since it's not as boozy as, say, Ruination.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Mar 15 2009, 06:26 PM)

I had the Porter with a New York Strip last night. Paired very well and as always the Sam Smith was delicious. Like George Washington, the Porter could be my favorite brew to have on a regular basis especially since it's not as boozy as, say, Ruination.

I've got some Ruination in the Fridge, but I haven't been feeling up to the task laugh.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Mar 15 2009, 06:54 PM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Mar 15 2009, 06:26 PM)

I've got some Ruination in the Fridge, but I haven't been feeling up to the task laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

Not to worry. Arrogant Bastard is the only brew we have to be concerned about being worthy of drinking.

a 30 pack of coor's light [yeah, i know 062802puke_prv.gif ]

9 beck's

4 bud's

5 ultra [ tap water 062802puke_prv.gif ]

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Mar 16 2009, 04:26 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 16 2009, 12:12 PM)
9 beck's
4 bud's
5  ultra [ tap water 062802puke_prv.gif ]

Any actual beer?

i love beck's

you son of a bitch laugh.gif the light shit is for my wife

1022.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 16 2009, 06:48 PM)
9 beck's
4 bud's

Any actual beer?

i love beck's

1022.gif

I thought it funny as well, but didn't want to laugh...

Good to know the girlie beer is for your girlie laugh.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 16 2009, 05:48 PM)
9 beck's
4 bud's

Any actual beer?

i love beck's

1022.gif

You sumbitch! We ain't got time for that shit!

http://www.tyler.net/tuggle/buford2.jpg

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Mar 16 2009, 06:34 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 16 2009, 05:48 PM)
9 beck's
4 bud's

Any actual beer?

i love beck's

1022.gif

You sumbitch! We ain't got time for that shit!

http://www.tyler.net/tuggle/buford2.jpg

laugh.gif