Rotate Your Stock!

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 16 2009, 05:48 PM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Mar 16 2009, 04:26 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 16 2009, 12:12 PM)
a 30 pack of coor's light [yeah, i know 062802puke_prv.gif ]
9 beck's
4 bud's
5  ultra [ tap water 062802puke_prv.gif ]

Any actual beer?

i love beck's

you son of a bitch laugh.gif the light shit is for my wife

1022.gif

http://www.uk-tshirts.co.uk/drinking_tshirts/drinking_tshirts_pics/Beer_Wimps.jpg

bolt.gif

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Mar 17 2009, 01:29 PM)
9 beck's
4 bud's

Any actual beer?

i love beck's

1022.gif

http://www.uk-tshirts.co.uk/drinking_tshirts/drinking_tshirts_pics/Beer_Wimps.jpg

bolt.gif

CLICK with caution

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Mar 17 2009, 12:29 PM)
9 beck's
4 bud's

Any actual beer?

i love beck's

1022.gif

bolt.gif

dazed025.gif

OK, I just got back from the store and judging by my stock, I think I'm in a little bit of a rut...

Arrogant Bastard

Oaked Arrogant Bastard

2008 Stone Imperial Russian Stout

Stone Pale Ale

Stone IPA

Stone Smoked Porter

Stone Ruination

Samuel Smith Imperial Russian Stout

Rogue Mocha Porter (This thing has been in there forever!)

And I plan on picking up the new 2009 Stone Imperial Russian Stout as soon as I can find it. I even printed out the ad from the Stone website that says "Hits store shelves April 6" but the girl at the store knew nothing about it, but said she would check.

I need to throw a few wild cards in the mix. Any suggestions (porters or stouts preferred)?

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Apr 5 2009, 03:54 PM)
I need to throw a few wild cards in the mix. Any suggestions (porters or stouts preferred)?

Well, Rogue's Stout is pretty damn good. I have a 4 pack of Sam Smith Taddy Porter (love, love, love that stuff).

Here's one I just remembered: Brooklyn Brewery Black Chocolate Stout. This is one awesome & very potent potable. Over 10% ABV but you can't taste it because of all the velvety, smooth stout goodness. Before you know it, your cod is in your watchpocket. Get you a sixer of this and you won't regret it.

If you can find it the Flat Earth Brewing Company in Minnesota has their Cygnus X-1 Porter as a tribute to Rush. Can't go wrong with that.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2362/2281066628_84f2d48120.jpg

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Apr 6 2009, 06:10 PM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Apr 5 2009, 03:54 PM)

Well, Rogue's Stout is pretty damn good. I have a 4 pack of Sam Smith Taddy Porter (love, love, love that stuff).

Here's one I just remembered: Brooklyn Brewery Black Chocolate Stout. This is one awesome & very potent potable. Over 10% ABV but you can't taste it because of all the velvety, smooth stout goodness. Before you know it, your cod is in your watchpocket. Get you a sixer of this and you won't regret it.

If you can find it the Flat Earth Brewing Company in Minnesota has their Cygnus X-1 Porter as a tribute to Rush. Can't go wrong with that.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2362/2281066628_84f2d48120.jpg

Yeah, I like the Rogue Shakespeare Stout. good stuff. and so is the sam smith taddy porter.

Brooklyn Brewery Black Chocolate Stout sounds great, I'll have to look for it.

I've looked for the Flat Earth stuff, and I can't find it here. But, my selection now is much better than it was a year ago, so I'm grateful for that.

Thanks for the ideas, that Brooklyn Brewery looks great!

QUOTE (vaportrail @ Apr 7 2009, 08:30 PM)
Added my first Arrogant Bastard to the cooler yesterday, will give it a go friday night to start off of the weekend.

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Its an excellent brew yes.gif

Just picked up a few things from the store, including an Arrogant Bastard Ale, Stone Smoked Porter (which I am planning for tonight), Stone Ruination Ale, and a six pack of Anchor Steam Anchor Porter.

QUOTE (Ultra @ Apr 8 2009, 11:19 PM)
Just picked up a few things from the store, including an Arrogant Bastard Ale, Stone Smoked Porter (which I am planning for tonight), Stone Ruination Ale, and a six pack of Anchor Steam Anchor Porter.

You have learned well. The beer gods praise your name on this night! trink38.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 8 2009, 07:21 PM)

You have learned well. The beer gods praise your name on this night! trink38.gif

I've had the ABA and Stout before, but the raves for the Ruination Ale had me intrigued. That one I will be saving for a later date though, I'm in the mood for the stout tonight. trink38.gif

QUOTE (Ultra @ Apr 8 2009, 11:40 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 8 2009, 07:21 PM)

I've had the ABA and Stout before, but the raves for the Ruination Ale had me intrigued. That one I will be saving for a later date though, I'm in the mood for the stout tonight. trink38.gif

"Ruination" is aptly named yes.gif

Don't plan on eating anything for a couple of hours afterwards, cause you won't be able to taste it laugh.gif And I'm not kidding. My tongue was numb for hours after my first Ruination.

edit: now I've got ruination on the brain, I'm going to have to drink one tonight.

Edited by Snowdog

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Feb 15 2009, 02:57 PM)
Coming soon: I've got some Oaked Arrogant Bastard on the way that I can't wait to try as well as some Stone Russian Imperial Stout.

I FINALLY got to try that bottle of Stone Russian Imperial Stout that's been in my fridge for a month. Easily makes my list of top three stouts ever. It's thick, with hints of coffee and chocolate, has just the right amount of bite, and is extremely well balanced. I'll be stocking up when this spring's batch comes out.

trink38.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 10 2009, 07:56 PM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Feb 15 2009, 02:57 PM)
Coming soon: I've got some Oaked Arrogant Bastard on the way that I can't wait to try as well as some Stone Russian Imperial Stout.

I FINALLY got to try that bottle of Stone Russian Imperial Stout that's been in my fridge for a month. Easily makes my list of top three stouts ever. It's thick, with hints of coffee and chocolate, has just the right amount of bite, and is extremely well balanced. I'll be stocking up when this spring's batch comes out.

trink38.gif

It is a great brew! I still can't get over the high abv and not tasting a hint of it. It is everything a stout should be. I drove over to Total Wine last night to check and see if they had the 2009 in yet, but they didn't. Manager said its in the computer but no delivery date yet.

But I did see the Stone Old Guardian Barley Wine for the first time here and that was released in February. So maybe their special releases take a couple months to make it out to the east coast. I'll be keeping my eye on it.

While I was there, I picked up:

Stone Old Guardian

Anchor Steam Porter (Ultra got me thinking about it)

Sierra Nevada Stout

I'm curious to try the Old Guardian. I've never had a Barleywine before. But the 11.3% abv made it a must try laugh.gif

edit- the inventory now stands as:

Arrogant Bastard

Oaked Arrogant Bastard

2008 Stone Imperial Russian Stout

Stone Smoked Porter

Stone IPA

Stone Pale Ale

Stone Old Guardian Barleywine

Stone Ruination

Samuel Smith Imperial Stout

Rogue Mocha Porter

Anchor Porter

Sierra Nevada Stout

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

Edited by Snowdog

Just hit the store again and picked up a few bottles...

Stone Imperial Russian Stout

Stone Smoked Porter

Anderson Valley Boont Amber Ale

Lagunitas Olde Gnarly Wine (which will be my drink for tonight)

QUOTE (Ultra @ Apr 15 2009, 09:20 PM)

I am sooooooo jealous. For some reason the Stone IRS has yet to make it to Florida sad.gif

I drove across town to a beer tasting to talk to the rep from Stone to ask him where in hades this stuff is but he wasn't there when I got there.

I love the 2008 version so much, I can't wait to try this years.

Edit: I did pick up a bottle of the 2009 Rogue Double Dead Guy trink39.gif

Edited by Snowdog

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Apr 18 2009, 04:21 PM)

I am sooooooo jealous. For some reason the Stone IRS has yet to make it to Florida sad.gif

I drove across town to a beer tasting to talk to the rep from Stone to ask him where in hades this stuff is but he wasn't there when I got there.

I haven't tried the previous year versions of this stuff, so I hadn't been quite prepared for Stone's version of the Stout. The one thing that really hit me about it was how strong the anise flavor was. Normally I am not a big black licorice fan, but by the end of the bottle I began to appreciate the full flavor the stout brought. The Bevmo I go to in San Francisco didn't have the larger bottle of the Russian Stout the last time I went to the store but did this time, so I made sure to pick up one.

I also was curious to try their Barley Wine, though that wasn't in stock here. The Lagunitas had a spicy kick to it, I wonder how that compares to Stone's version.

QUOTE (Ultra @ Apr 18 2009, 11:28 PM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Apr 18 2009, 04:21 PM)

I haven't tried the previous year versions of this stuff, so I hadn't been quite prepared for Stone's version of the Stout. The one thing that really hit me about it was how strong the anise flavor was. Normally I am not a big black licorice fan, but by the end of the bottle I began to appreciate the full flavor the stout brought. The Bevmo I go to in San Francisco didn't have the larger bottle of the Russian Stout the last time I went to the store but did this time, so I made sure to pick up one.

I also was curious to try their Barley Wine, though that wasn't in stock here. The Lagunitas had a spicy kick to it, I wonder how that compares to Stone's version.

The Stone Old Guardian doesn't have a spicy kick. But the hops are surprisingly & clearly evident with a delicious maltiness as well. Add a slightly citrusy flavor and you have one delicious Barleywine Ale.

I have to admit, I had never tried a Barleywine before trying Stone's 2009 version of Old Guardian, but after the first three or fours drinks, I was absolutely hooked. It is top shelf. I think I may actually like it better than the IRS ohmy.gif

But I will wait and sample the 2009 verison before I make that call wink.gif

Another day at Bevmo and I picked up few new things.

Stone Vertical Epic 08.08.08 (Tonight's drink of choice)

Stone Cali-Belgique IPA

Stone Smoked Porter

Anderson Valley Brother David's Double Abbey Style Ale

Lagunitas Hop Stoopid Ale

I've been on the lookout for Stone's Old Gaurdian, but havent seen it at the Bevmo I go to, perhaps I need to look around at a few more places.

Edited by Ultra

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 28 2009, 12:19 AM)
I picked up a bottle of Stone 11th Anniversary Ale last weekend. Haven't opened it yet. They classify it as a "black IPA." Yum. Anyone try it yet?

http://www.stonebrew.com/11th/ale/

ohmy.gif

Oh man, does that sound good!

Edit-the only addition lately has been the Guinness 250 Anniversary Stout. It is bland and tasteless. I wouldn't waste the money. no.gif

Edit Edit-I did make a run this weekend and stocked up on Old Guardian before it disappears from the store shelves scared.gif It'll be a sad day when this gem is gone.

Edited by Snowdog

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Apr 30 2009, 05:16 PM)
I picked up a bottle of Stone 11th Anniversary Ale last weekend. Haven't opened it yet. They classify it as a "black IPA." Yum. Anyone try it yet?

ohmy.gif

Had it last night. Good stuff! It's like a stout-like IPA. Not thick like a stout but almost as dark, with that caramel and coffee malt you'd find in a stout joined with the sharp hop bite of an IPA. trink38.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 3 2009, 05:56 PM)

ohmy.gif

Had it last night. Good stuff! It's like a stout-like IPA. Not thick like a stout but almost as dark, with that caramel and coffee malt you'd find in a stout joined with the sharp hop bite of an IPA. trink38.gif

God that sounds good - Ill have to get me some!

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ May 3 2009, 09:27 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 3 2009, 05:56 PM)

ohmy.gif

God that sounds good - Ill have to get me some!

Just be warned: It's not a beer where you'll be saying, "I had some 11th Anniversary beer...and more beer, and more beer," because if you drink this stuff like you drink Yuengling, you'll be using your health insurance. wink.gif