Geddy Lee in the Lower East Side

Serviette Onion

Not far from where the movie is being shown. Nice.

QUOTE (Serviette Onion @ Apr 21 2010, 07:23 PM)
QUOTE (Merely Space @ Apr 21 2010, 07:20 PM)
Wow.  It's official-  The man has no privacy anymore.

I assume he's there (NYC) for the doc premier.

The Clips- I believer there are a few more of the encounter on YouTube- were shot last month.

Then he has been in N.Y. for awhile ?

As much as I'd be tempted to pull out the phone and snap some pictures or record a little video, I just couldn't do it. (My phone's camera sucks anyway - doubt anyone would be able to tell it was Geddy).

I know it comes with the territory, but I'd like to be one fan who lets the man eat dinner out in peace.

QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 21 2010, 09:38 PM)
I cant help but feel bad for Geddy having to deal with this.

I see what you mean but he seemed generally cool with it. I liked how at the end Geddy was the one to outreach his hand for a shake, the guy was starting to leave.

QUOTE (Alex @ Apr 21 2010, 09:43 PM)

I see what you mean but he seemed generally cool with it. I liked how at the end Geddy was the one to outreach his hand for a shake, the guy was starting to leave.

This just proves what we all know anyways - that Rush are the classiest band who actually respect their fans and not some stuck up "rock star" assholes like so many others. Well, Alex and Geddy anyways. rofl3.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 22 2010, 01:33 AM)
Gotta love the youtube comment someone made below: "Too bad he's in on raping his fans financially with obscene ticket prices. "

doh.gif

I like this one:

"Place looks like a dump...good to know G. Lee isn't above slummin'"

laugh.gif

Yeah im pretty sure if he didnt do that the guy wouldnt have left him alone. Its a sign that, "okay, I want you to go now". He was the one to make the move first to say goodbye, thats not a good thing.

That's because Geddy is probably often classier and more considerate than the majority of his fans. That doesn't mean he appreciates it.

QUOTE (Mr. Krinkle @ Apr 22 2010, 01:24 PM)
Ahhh yes, living in the Limelight.

Well, it kind of goes with the territory.

Geddy looked like he was OK with everything and even flashed a smile with the handshake.

That was cool.

It DOES go with the territory, and they expect it. It doesn't mean they like it. I wouldn't want strangers interrupting my dinner and I think Geddy was quite classy to respond the way he did. Of course, imagine the shit he'd have taken if he'd dared to show the faintest hint of anything that might be interpreted as annoyance.

Archived