Geddy Lee in the Lower East Side

Serviette Onion

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Apr 22 2010, 10:44 AM)
Don't bother people while eating. Terribly rude.

Yeah...if I was ever in a restaurant, and saw one of them there eating, I would at least wait until they are done or about to leave.

Then maybe (if I'm not frozen with fear doh.gif ), I'd walk up and just say hello and shake their hands.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 22 2010, 01:20 PM)
Don't bother people while eating.  Terribly rude.

Yeah...if I was ever in a restaurant, and saw one of them there eating, I would at least wait until they are done or about to leave.

Then maybe (if I'm not frozen with fear doh.gif ), I'd walk up and just say hello and shake their hands.

Yes, although it's rude to interrupt the guys meal to say hello i think many of us would have done so but pointing a camera crosses the line!

Or say something in passing if you're leaving first, like "Hey Geddy...good luck on the coming tour" and walk on. I think to stop and attempt to strike up conversation is rude. It's true they do expect it, but fans should (operative word there) show a bit more discretion than they often do. As you say, wait outside the restaurant and then get their attention...

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Apr 22 2010, 03:14 PM)

Or say something in passing if you're leaving first, like "Hey Geddy...good luck on the coming tour" and walk on. I think to stop and attempt to strike up conversation is rude. It's true they do expect it, but fans should (operative word there) show a bit more discretion than they often do. As you say, wait outside the restaurant and then get their attention...

i agree. a quick hey ged, or wishing him luck is plenty enough. stopping and talking to him has to be annoying.

QUOTE (Solitudeix @ Apr 22 2010, 04:13 PM)
As you say, wait outside the restaurant and then get their attention...

ph34r.gif

stalkin'

tongue.gif

goodpost.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 22 2010, 03:27 PM)

i agree. a quick hey ged, or wishing him luck is plenty enough. stopping and talking to him has to be annoying.

I agree. Nothing more than a quick "hey Geddy" and a wave, thats all. No waiting outside, and certainly not what this guy did.

Honestly, I'd probably rip my clothes off and scream "GEDDYYYYYYYYYYYYY"

Not sure what would happen after that... unsure.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 22 2010, 01:52 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 22 2010, 01:33 AM)
Gotta love the youtube comment someone made below: "Too bad he's in on raping his fans financially with obscene ticket prices. "

doh.gif

I like this one:

"Place looks like a dump...good to know G. Lee isn't above slummin'"

laugh.gif

some of the best food i've had have been in dumps

QUOTE (Solitudeix @ Apr 22 2010, 04:13 PM)
As you say, wait outside the restaurant and then get their attention...

ph34r.gif

stalkin'

tongue.gif

Yeah, that's true. LOL!

(in a creepy tone) "I've been waiting for you Geddy Lee...heh, heh. Sign my copy of Double Fantasy?? Heh, heh."

QUOTE (GoverP @ Apr 22 2010, 12:06 AM)
If I walked in and Geddy was just sitting there, I would just casually throw on my Rush tee and hope he initiates the meeting himself wink.gif

Yes, because you know all of us Rush fans have our Rush tee's handy at all times just in case we see one of the guys out in public and want to throw it on real quick...in hopes that they will see it and want to come over and talk to us. sarcasm.gif wacko.gif tongue.gif

Archived