"Time" for an Opening Act ???

osage2112

I'd like to see Porcupine Tree open for RUSH...50 minute set...sweet.

Osage

Edited by osage2112

No One Ever no.gif

They have so much of a back catalog i don't want time wasted

I wonder if KISS had thought the same thing...if RUSH would have come along as they did...sayin'.

Osage

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 21 2010, 03:50 PM)
No One Ever no.gif
They have so much of a back catalog i don't want time wasted

I agree.

QUOTE (Alex @ Apr 21 2010, 04:53 PM)
No  One  Ever  no.gif
They have so much of a  back catalog i don't want time wasted

I agree.

Count me in on this thought! NEVER!!!

I NEVER want to see anyone open for Rush.

They already play 3 Hours of music, and everyone still bitches about all the songs they leave off the setlist!

If they played with an opening band, way too many songs would get cut out, and that would just plain suck.

So yeah, NO NO NO...for opening bands! no.gif no.gif no.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 21 2010, 02:56 PM)
No  One  Ever  no.gif

I agree.

Even if it means that RUSH is only doing a 2 hour show? confused13.gif We are not getting any younger. One day they will cut down from that 3 hrs.

Rock On!! common001.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 21 2010, 05:42 PM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Apr 21 2010, 04:38 PM)
Count me in with the "NO OPENING ACT!!!" crowd.

I like the Evening with Rush format. The only thing I would like to change is to make it a 4 hour show  biggrin.gif

goodpost.gif

Amen.

I like the way you guys think. yes.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 21 2010, 04:56 PM)
No  One  Ever  no.gif

I agree.

Ditto

QUOTE (rushlady23 @ Apr 21 2010, 07:05 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Apr 21 2010, 04:56 PM)
No  One  Ever  no.gif

I agree.

Ditto

+ 1 yes.gif

When I go to a Rush concert, I want to see Rush and Rush only. I've paid good money for the ticket and I want to get my money's worth. And with Rush, you always do yes.gif A very worth while investment 1022.gif

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

I have seen Marillion, Michael Shenker (MSG), Mr. Big, Eric Johnson, and Candlebox as opening bands for them. I prefer the openers they had on the last few tours...

QUOTE (osage2112 @ Apr 21 2010, 12:51 PM)
I wonder if KISS had thought the same thing...if RUSH would have come along as they did...sayin'.
Osage

Except they had an opening act for almost 20 years from the time they first started headlining around 2112 through the CP tour. I think I read an interview with Ged saying they always made a point to have an opener that needed exposure because of how much of a boost they got opening for KISS and Aerosmith back in the day, but then it got to a point around the mid-'90s where they just had too much material to get to, and they decided that they had repaid "the system" enough.

I'll take my 3-hour Rush show, thank you very much. Especially with what they're charging this tour.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Apr 21 2010, 07:41 PM)
QUOTE (osage2112 @ Apr 21 2010, 12:51 PM)
Osage

Except they had an opening act for almost 20 years from the time they first started headlining around 2112 through the CP tour. I think I read an interview with Ged saying they always made a point to have an opener that needed exposure because of how much of a boost they got opening for KISS and Aerosmith back in the day, but then it got to a point around the mid-'90s where they just had too much material to get to, and they decided that they had repaid "the system" enough.

I'll take my 3-hour Rush show, thank you very much. Especially with what they're charging this tour.

I agree.