The Official Riverside Thread

QUOTE (-Ender- @ Apr 15 2011, 06:22 AM)
New Riverside song from their new EP "Memories in My Head."

Forgotten Land

Man, these guys are good!

It sucks that the EP is only available through their concerts and they are only doing 1 U.S Date, and that is NEARfest... I might be searching Ebay for this...

QUOTE (The Owl @ Apr 15 2011, 09:40 AM)
QUOTE (-Ender- @ Apr 15 2011, 06:22 AM)
New Riverside song from their new EP "Memories in My Head."

Forgotten Land

Man, these guys are good!

It sucks that the EP is only available through their concerts and they are only doing 1 U.S Date, and that is NEARfest... I might be searching Ebay for this...

Word!

Memories In My Head EP to be sold retail, not just at shows as previously stated. It can be ordered now (for a June 20 release) from amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Memories-My-Head-Ep-...05238628&sr=8-1

http://riversideband.pl/en/images/rs/news/Memories_In_My_Head.jpg

Just ordered mine. trink39.gif

Edited by Presto-digitation

Saw Riverside at the Picturedrome in Holmfirth last night, and WOW, cracking gig Gromit!!!!!! Better than Rush in Dublin. Think I'd swap my front row Rush ticket in Sheffield tonight for a Riverside ticket in London.

Can't remember what they played - as I haven't got round to learning all the song titles - but it was all very good, the crowd were captivated by it. If I do have a gripe, it's that the bass was a bit low in the mix.

Picked up a copy of the Memories in my Head EP and it's, errr, very relaxing. Hints of awkwind in places.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u55/Nickslikk2112/Riverside/P1030383.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u55/Nickslikk2112/Riverside/P1030375.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u55/Nickslikk2112/Riverside/P1030369.jpg

Edited by Cosy Toes

I wanted to go but I was in London over the weekend and didn't get home until Sunday teatime.

I wish they would risk a tour. I am sure that they could easily fill the Academy in Manchester. Failing that they need a high profile support slot to get them noticed.

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ May 16 2011, 05:55 AM)
Saw Riverside at the Picturedrome in Holmfirth last night, and WOW, cracking gig Gromit!!!!!! Better than Rush in Dublin. Think I'd swap my front row Rush ticket in Sheffield tonight for a Riverside ticket in London.

Can't remember what they played - as I haven't got round to learning all the song titles - but it was all very good, the crowd were captivated by it. If I do have a gripe, it's that the bass was a bit low in the mix.

Picked up a copy of the Memories in my Head EP and it's, errr, very relaxing. Hints of awkwind in places.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u55/Nickslikk2112/Riverside/P1030383.jpg
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u55/Nickslikk2112/Riverside/P1030375.jpg
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u55/Nickslikk2112/Riverside/P1030369.jpg

It's up on the Dime, and here's the setlist.

SETLIST

Beyond The Eyelids

Out Of Myself

Reality Dream III

Egoist Hedonist

Living In The Past

Conceiving You

Ultimate Trip

Left Out

Loose Heart

02 Panic Room

Second Life Syndrome

Forgotten Land

Reality Dream II

The Curtain Falls

QUOTE (nappy2112 @ May 16 2011, 08:18 PM)
It's up on the Dime, and here's the setlist.

SETLIST

Beyond The Eyelids
Out Of Myself
Reality Dream III
Egoist Hedonist
Living In The Past
Conceiving You
Ultimate Trip
Left Out
Loose Heart
02 Panic Room
Second Life Syndrome
Forgotten Land
Reality Dream II
The Curtain Falls

Thanks for that, since the dawn of CDs my eyes haven't been up to reading the song titles, so I know them by ear, but can't put a name to them!

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ May 16 2011, 10:55 AM)

I did give up my Sheffield ticket to go see Riverside in London last night. Didn't regret it for an instant. Awesome gig. Third time I've seen them and they haven't let me down yet. Great set list, great interaction with the crowd. Ultimate Trip followed by Left Out was probably the best half hour of live music I've heard in years. Thought the new songs came over really well, too, especially Forgotten Land. Picked up the EP and a couple of t-shirts, too. The London set list was the same except we didn't get The Curtain Falls due to a 'deadline' - although the band came back on and apologised, which was quite amusing. Shame, though - I love The Curtain Falls, so had to put it on my iPod immediately on the way home laugh.gif

Listening to Memories In My Head as I type. Forgotten Land is just as amazing on second listen new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (willowroolz @ May 17 2011, 09:33 AM)

I did give up my Sheffield ticket to go see Riverside in London last night. Didn't regret it for an instant. Awesome gig. Third time I've seen them and they haven't let me down yet. Great set list, great interaction with the crowd. Ultimate Trip followed by Left Out was probably the best half hour of live music I've heard in years. Thought the new songs came over really well, too, especially Forgotten Land. Picked up the EP and a couple of t-shirts, too. The London set list was the same except we didn't get The Curtain Falls due to a 'deadline' - although the band came back on and apologised, which was quite amusing. Shame, though - I love The Curtain Falls, so had to put it on my iPod immediately on the way home laugh.gif

Listening to Memories In My Head as I type. Forgotten Land is just as amazing on second listen new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I'm now glad I kept my Sheffield ticket, can't believe how much better Rush were compared to Dublin! Still waking up with Riverside playing in my head though smile.gif

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ May 17 2011, 10:33 AM)
QUOTE (willowroolz @ May 17 2011, 09:33 AM)

I'm now glad I kept my Sheffield ticket, can't believe how much better Rush were compared to Dublin! Still waking up with Riverside playing in my head though smile.gif

I'm seeing them three times in the next few days - more than enough!

Could do with seeing Riverside again, though smile.gif

QUOTE (willowroolz @ May 18 2011, 09:52 AM)
A couple of vids (for which I cannot take credit) from Monday night:

Conceiving You live at The Scala, London 16th May 2011

Reality Dream III live at The Scala, London 16th May 2011

A couple from other dates on the tour:

Forgotten Land

Leave That Thing Alone !!! followed by Left Out and Loose Heart

Excellent videos!! Thanks for posting!

QUOTE (tjtull @ Jun 27 2011, 02:49 PM)
Just got notification that my Memories in My Head EP has shipped!!! Sweet, more Riverside!!

I'm 2/3 of the way into my first listen right now. It's very, very good. The first two tracks are very reminicent of SLS. Good stuff. trink39.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jun 29 2011, 09:15 AM)
QUOTE (tjtull @ Jun 27 2011, 02:49 PM)
Just got notification that my Memories in My Head EP has shipped!!!  Sweet, more Riverside!!

I'm 2/3 of the way into my first listen right now. It's very, very good. The first two tracks are very reminicent of SLS. Good stuff. trink39.gif

I can't wait to hear it!! Mine isn't projected to get here until Saturday. Was hoping to make it my Friday night listening.