The Official Riverside Thread

QUOTE (Gompers @ Dec 9 2010, 10:23 PM)
QUOTE (tjtull @ Dec 9 2010, 03:51 PM)
I was listening to Back To The River yesterday on the way home and there's a section where they do a segment from Shine on You Crazy Diamond.  Anyone else notice this (I'm sure you have)?

Yes. Very awesome segment in the song. Love it!

Now I'm gonna have to give it a spin to hear it.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jan 7 2011, 07:26 AM)
Just Ordered the first Lunatic Soul album from Amazon

Cannot wait.

The first time I heard of Riverside was through one of your threads on TRF way back. I promptly followed them up and wasn't disappointed to say the least...just wanna say thanks I guess laugh.gif trink39.gif

Edited by Steevo

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jan 9 2011, 04:10 AM)
QUOTE (Steevo @ Jan 8 2011, 01:14 AM)
And I can't believe I don't own ADHD yet, after all the blather I gave it  wacko.gif

What? I thought you finally found it at a store there.

no.gif Unfortunately it wasn't there upon returning and they weren't bringing any more Riverside in of course angry.gif Only store that carries them around here. Anyways, sometime this year for sure, no hurry, I've heard it plenty. Good to see this thread keeps chugging away 653.gif

QUOTE (willowroolz @ Jan 15 2011, 12:17 PM)
Right. I have a ticket for the Rush show in Sheffield on 16th May, but I'm abandoning it to go see Riverside in London on their 10th Anniversary Tour instead. biggrin.gif

I'm seeing Riversied in Holmfirth the day before I see Rush in Sheffield smile.gif

Must wear my wrinkled stockings wink.gif

I sure wish that they would tour. I know that they come over to the states from time to time, but if they opened up for someone it could be a great showcase for them.

The new edition of Guitar Player Magazine has a feature on Piotr Grudziński. One of the thngs he talked about was that the new album they were working on was going to be very riffy. The songs were going to be good songs to play at summer rock festivals. Another interesting thing was that his guitar, and its custom pickups, were made in Poland. he said he's a patriot when it comes to that stuff. But he uses Marshall and Mesa Boogie amps.

Riverside will release a new EP to support their upcoming tour. This is from their FB page:

Hello Folks,

We have nice news! For our 10th birthday we have prepared a special release which will be available during the forthcoming tour. The EP entitled "Memories In My Head" contains 33 minutes of fresh music. The songs have the following titles:

1. Goodbye Sweet Innocence

2. Living In The Past
3. Forgotten Land

This new material, concerning (for obvious reasons) the themes of the passing time, will be a pleasant surprise for those who have missed the specific kind of melodies and space known from the bands early releases. We have consciously gone back to our beginnings to create a certain kind of a circle. This mini-album will contain three longer compositions most resembling those from our first two albums. The result is a quite interesting, spacious, film-soundtrackish, nostalgic, and most of all rock mixture, summing up our career's first decade quite well. "Memories In My Head" is an album which appears out of nowhere, without much promotion; we hope, though, that its content can defend itself and that it will evoke a lot of positive emotions. It does that to us, and we will prove it soon, playing those songs live at our upcoming gigs.

The concerts at which it will be possible to buy this minialbum and hear the new songs live will begin on 5th of May in Prague (CZ) and finish on 29th of May in Warsaw (PL). Tides From Nebula, a band from Poland, will support Riverside at the 12 European concerts, and The Pineapple Thief from Great Britain and Paatos from Sweden will do the same at the 6 Polish gigs.

The full list of gigs can be seen here - http://riversideband.pl/en/concerts

More information soon!

Three songs and 33 minutes of music sounds pretty good to me.

1022.gif

QUOTE (-Ender- @ Mar 30 2011, 07:26 AM)
Riverside will release a new EP to support their upcoming tour. This is from their FB page:

Hello Folks,

We have nice news! For our 10th birthday we have prepared a special release which will be available during the forthcoming tour. The EP entitled "Memories In My Head" contains 33 minutes of fresh music. The songs have the following titles:

2. Living In The Past
3. Forgotten Land

This new material, concerning (for obvious reasons) the themes of the passing time, will be a pleasant surprise for those who have missed the specific kind of melodies and space known from the bands early releases. We have consciously gone back to our beginnings to create a certain kind of a circle. This mini-album will contain three longer compositions most resembling those from our first two albums. The result is a quite interesting, spacious, film-soundtrackish, nostalgic, and most of all rock mixture, summing up our career's first decade quite well. "Memories In My Head" is an album which appears out of nowhere, without much promotion; we hope, though, that its content can defend itself and that it will evoke a lot of positive emotions. It does that to us, and we will prove it soon, playing those songs live at our upcoming gigs.

The concerts at which it will be possible to buy this minialbum and hear the new songs live will begin on 5th of May in Prague (CZ) and finish on 29th of May in Warsaw (PL). Tides From Nebula, a band from Poland, will support Riverside at the 12 European concerts, and The Pineapple Thief from Great Britain and Paatos from Sweden will do the same at the 6 Polish gigs.

More information soon!

1022.gif

Excited to hear this. I know fans of ADHD might be a bit bummed to not be getting more along that line, I'm quite fine with this.

Will be eagerly seeking out these tunes outside being available at the gigs. wink.gif Surely they will be soon enough.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Mar 30 2011, 09:11 AM)
Riverside fans, I direct you to this lost thread...if you care to comment:

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=64465

Thanks in advance.

I think -Jane- can comment on this. She shared a song with me the other day. Not sure if it was L.S. 1 or 2, though.

QUOTE (-Ender- @ Mar 30 2011, 07:26 AM)

Hello Folks,

2. Living In The Past
3. Forgotten Land

More information soon!

1022.gif

Living in the Past? Tull reference? cool.gif

Seriously though, I can't wait to hear this stuff!! I just wish there wasn't an ocean of water between me and one of their concerts!!