The Official Riverside Thread

Shit, I forgot this was supposed to be released today. I've been listening to A LOT of Riverside in the past year. Such a great band. Fractured was great too. Looking forward to this. Still can't believe Piotr died, like months after I truly discovered this band. This sounds good though, I'm sure they found someone with similar musical sensibilities to replace him. Other bands were able to carry on without a key member (Yes has done this 10 or 100 times over the course of that band's history :P ). That lead near the end was seriously good/creative.

No US Tour I imagine?

Shit, I forgot this was supposed to be released today. I've been listening to A LOT of Riverside in the past year. Such a great band. Fractured was great too. Looking forward to this. Still can't believe Piotr died, like months after I truly discovered this band. This sounds good though, I'm sure they found someone with similar musical sensibilities to replace him. Other bands were able to carry on without a key member (Yes has done this 10 or 100 times over the course of that band's history :P ). That lead near the end was seriously good/creative.

No US Tour I imagine?

Well, that would be something. Personally, I don't go to many (any) shows anymore. Even when I was going to shows, I rarely went. Kinda want to see Haken in November, but only kinda. I wonder what their turnout would be. They're gaining popularity, but only slowly. It's tough to come over to play smallish crowds. Just not a lot of money to be made.

I see, they haven't settled on any one replacement member yet.

They announced a while back that they're a trio now, so I doubt we'll see a permanent replacement any time soon.

Yeah I seem to recall reading that... but figured it was a case of 'too soon'.

No US Tour I imagine?

Well, that would be something. Personally, I don't go to many (any) shows anymore. Even when I was going to shows, I rarely went. Kinda want to see Haken in November, but only kinda. I wonder what their turnout would be. They're gaining popularity, but only slowly. It's tough to come over to play smallish crowds. Just not a lot of money to be made.

Saw them in a New Brunswick theater about 10 years ago. May not have been totally sold out, but it was pretty close.

Mostly done with the Ticketbasard/Jive Nation shows, but I'm still game for mostly anything else that doesn't involve them.

10 hours ago, Presto-digitation said:

New album coming Friday. Three singles out now.  Touring Europe and North America. 

They're playing within driving distance, missed them last time and unsure about this time.  Eagerly await my preorder (think it's a deluxe $40 something or other set).  Thick as a Brick Tull surround re-release around the same time too.  And Hevy Devy in full rotation, need to find more time for music.