The Official Riverside Thread

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Nov 21 2010, 05:30 PM)
I honestly don't see how ADHD is that much better than their other albums. I can stick a piece of paper between my opinions about all four, personally....

Its just personal preference, right? For me, the whole production of ADHD is stellar. I really like their other albums, but ADHD just plain grabs me and won't let go.

After that, I'd say REM is second favorite, followed by Second Life Syndrome, and then Out of Myself. But to be fair, I haven't listened to the other three albums nearly enough to make really informed opinions about them.

QUOTE (the oaks @ Nov 21 2010, 05:40 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Nov 21 2010, 05:30 PM)
I honestly don't see how ADHD is that much better than their other albums.  I can stick a piece of paper between my opinions about all four, personally....

Its just personal preference, right? For me, the whole production of ADHD is stellar. I really like their other albums, but ADHD just plain grabs me and won't let go.

After that, I'd say REM is second favorite, followed by Second Life Syndrome, and then Out of Myself. But to be fair, I haven't listened to the other three albums nearly enough to make really informed opinions about them.

Well get on it! wink.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Nov 21 2010, 06:30 PM)
I honestly don't see how ADHD is that much better than their other albums.  I can stick a piece of paper between my opinions about all four, personally....

I haven't as much time spent listening to them as do you, but I am inclined to agree thus far.

I'm still really amazed - there is a rawness and an edge there that did NOT get lost from the earlier to the later work. IMO that's a fate that befalls many bands - it's not necessarily a bad thing in all cases, either. But it's nice to see that Riverside has so far retained their sharpness while at the same time getting a little more polished.

Edited by Mara

After doing some heavy-duty listening over the weekend to SLS and OOM, I think I'm ready to spring for ADHD and REM. I've noticed that the prices on Amazon are quite high, unless you go with one of their "marketplace" vendors, in which case there's additional shipping because they won't ship from the same place.

My question is, does Riverside have an independent place to purchase their stuff from (like PT does with Burning Shed/KScope)?

I just cannot get into this band. I like some of their music, but it always just fades into the background with me. It feels like I should love them since they're an amalgam of a bunch of my favorite bands, but they're just not blowing my skirt up.

Can anyone recommend like a mindblowing track that will sway my opinion towards the positive? I downloaded all their albums but I just can't bring myself to want to listen to them ever.

QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Nov 22 2010, 08:46 AM)
I just cannot get into this band. I like some of their music, but it always just fades into the background with me. It feels like I should love them since they're an amalgam of a bunch of my favorite bands, but they're just not blowing my skirt up.

Can anyone recommend like a mindblowing track that will sway my opinion towards the positive? I downloaded all their albums but I just can't bring myself to want to listen to them ever.

Hybrid Times from ADHD - Most Riverside fans I talk to say this is their favorite from that album.

Personally, I think every track on ADHD shines.

I know others would say Volte Face from Second Life Syndrome is their favorite.

I can only suggest doing what I did. Put the CD Out of Myself on a good system and listen to it a few times through. In your case, you'll probably need to burn it onto a CD but don't just listen to it on your computer or through headphones. It needs to be played where you can appreciated the layering of the music.

Highlights for me from OOM are The Same River and Curtain Falls.

QUOTE (tjtull @ Nov 22 2010, 08:41 AM)
After doing some heavy-duty listening over the weekend to SLS and OOM, I think I'm ready to spring for ADHD and REM. I've noticed that the prices on Amazon are quite high, unless you go with one of their "marketplace" vendors, in which case there's additional shipping because they won't ship from the same place.

My question is, does Riverside have an independent place to purchase their stuff from (like PT does with Burning Shed/KScope)?

I've just downloaded all of my stuff from iTunes and burned CD's from there.

Its interesting you don't have ADHD or REM yet, as those two are my favorites. I'll be interested to hear what you think once you get them.

QUOTE (tjtull @ Nov 22 2010, 09:19 AM)
I just cannot get into this band.  I like some of their music, but it always just fades into the background with me.  It feels like I should love them since they're an amalgam of a bunch of my favorite bands, but they're just not blowing my skirt up.

Can anyone recommend like a mindblowing track that will sway my opinion towards the positive?  I downloaded all their albums but I just can't bring myself to want to listen to them ever.

I can only suggest doing what I did. Put the CD Out of Myself on a good system and listen to it a few times through. In your case, you'll probably need to burn it onto a CD but don't just listen to it on your computer or through headphones. It needs to be played where you can appreciated the layering of the music.

Highlights for me from OOM are The Same River and Curtain Falls.

The Same River is amazing.

yes.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (the oaks @ Nov 22 2010, 09:26 AM)
QUOTE (tjtull @ Nov 22 2010, 08:41 AM)
After doing some heavy-duty listening over the weekend to SLS and OOM, I think I'm ready to spring for ADHD and REM.  I've noticed that the prices on Amazon are quite high, unless you go with one of their "marketplace" vendors, in which case there's additional shipping because they won't ship from the same place.

I've just downloaded all of my stuff from iTunes and burned CD's from there.

Its interesting you don't have ADHD or REM yet, as those two are my favorites. I'll be interested to hear what you think once you get them.

Yeah, I'm old school...still buy CDs.

I have actually heard ADHD wink.gif I like it a LOT!!

QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Nov 22 2010, 03:46 PM)

Stuck between myself and me

Hyperactive

The same river

These are some of the most accessible ones that should do the trick...

QUOTE (tjtull @ Nov 23 2010, 08:41 PM)
I got the Reality Dream DVD in the mail today. I plan on watching it in the next couple of days. Can't wait to hear The Same River live!!!

Right on! trink39.gif

I want that DVD sooooo bad. Post your review as soon as you can!