The Official Riverside Thread

QUOTE (Mara @ Nov 19 2010, 09:32 AM)
I don't come in this subforum often and haven't read all the way through the thread -

But are there any rumblings/hints of a US tour for Riverside?

That's what we're talking about now. They only came over here for the NEARfest prog festival in June. And, that was their solitary N. American date, which is ridiculous to me. Who knows if they'll be over here in '11.

Awesome that you like Riverside, Mara! trink39.gif They are definitely one of my favorites.

I did the same as you're doing...listening to one album at a time. With everything so instant access it's nice to be patient and actually take the time to enjoy an album. trink39.gif

It's easy to simply download an entire catalogue, but I find that overwhelming. It's not uncommon for me to spend a week or two merely listening to one album over and over again...even with 2, 3 or 4 more waiting on the back-burner. Otherwise (to me) it all just runs together, I can't remember song titles or on which album this song was...or that one. I find that frustrating

The music's not going anywhere, so no hurry, right? smile.gif

In your orders, don't forget to pick up the Voices In My Head EP as well as the full four albums. It's quite good.

Got me in the mood to watch the DVD again folks!! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Nov 19 2010, 11:46 AM)

And, if you're like me, you're thinking that there is no way their other stuff could be as good as ADHD. I was wrong, of course.

Its not that I don't think it is as good, or that I won't like it as much. Its different. The production on ADHD is the best of their albums, I think. There is just a tempo and a flow to it. Yes, its only 5 songs, but each song packs so much punch. I'm just in the phase where I can't get enough of this album, and the others will just have to wait.

What I've heard of the others, I like REM second, SLS third, and OoM 4th best. But that could certainly change. OoM seems to have a lot of instrumentals. That's not a bad thing. But these guys are really good lyrically and vocally.

QUOTE (the oaks @ Nov 19 2010, 11:02 AM)

And, if you're like me, you're thinking that there is no way their other stuff could be as good as ADHD. I was wrong, of course.

Its not that I don't think it is as good, or that I won't like it as much. Its different. The production on ADHD is the best of their albums, I think. There is just a tempo and a flow to it. Yes, its only 5 songs, but each song packs so much punch. I'm just in the phase where I can't get enough of this album, and the others will just have to wait.

What I've heard of the others, I like REM second, SLS third, and OoM 4th best. But that could certainly change. OoM seems to have a lot of instrumentals. That's not a bad thing. But these guys are really good lyrically and vocally.

I totally forgot that I still don't have Rapid Eye Movement... ohmy.gif

So.....

much....

music....

wacko.gif

I need a clone just to handle the music junkie in me. yes.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Nov 19 2010, 12:05 PM)

So.....

much....

music....

wacko.gif

And what would her TRF name be?

I bet I could think of a couple.

tongue.gif

QUOTE (the oaks @ Nov 19 2010, 11:11 AM)

So.....

much....

music....

wacko.gif

tongue.gif

kissmyass

That would be her name.

wink.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Nov 19 2010, 12:27 PM)
QUOTE (the oaks @ Nov 19 2010, 11:11 AM)

So.....

much....

music....

wacko.gif

tongue.gif

kissmyass

That would be her name.

wink.gif

ZING!!!

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Nov 18 2010, 02:17 PM)
QUOTE (the oaks @ Nov 18 2010, 12:01 PM)
I love PT, but if Riverside opened for them, they'd blow PT out of the water.  Why would Steven Wilson want that?  And as far as Wilson doing a project with Riverside, i.e producing their next album, well, ADHD was so amazingly awesome, I'd rather they work with that producer again, and let SW focus on his next solo album and PT's next studio album.

I guess just for the sake of an even more solid concert? The bands tend to share a somewhat common fan base. I'm not sure that it would have to come down to some competetive thing really. Why not just two amazing bands instead of one great band and some other band we've never heard of, aren't impressed watching, and will forget about tomorrow?

It's true they both produce great (and great sounding) records. More than I was suggesting Riverside NEEDS Wilson as a producer, I was merely suggesting that perhaps a Duda/Wilson solo project (like Wilson/Ackerfeldt) would be cool.

SW producing Riverside could be quite an awesome sonic adventure. But more so if he did it for Lunatic Soul.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Nov 19 2010, 10:30 PM)
QUOTE (tjtull @ Nov 19 2010, 05:37 PM)
Went ahead and grabbed SLS.  Listening to it now.  I like it a LOT!! \m/

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Like I said before, Volte-Face blows me away completely.

I. Love. Volte Face. Have played it over and over and over. Consecutively.