The Official Riverside Thread

QUOTE (The Owl @ May 4 2010, 02:42 PM)
Riverside is going to be at Nearfest this year....... I'm gonna be no where the PA area, so I will miss out.... angry.gif

I'm a couple of hours away from NEARfest, but since there's a Rush tour this year, I lose.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 13 2010, 03:20 PM)
I just got their debut, Out Of Myself... and it's a fine album.

So far 3 for 3. Still need to get Rapid Eye Movement.

I just got Out of Myself, too. So, now I have their first and their last albums. You can definitely hear how they've honed their sound between the two. Second Life Syndrome is on its way from Amazon. So, Rapid Eye Movement's next. I'm looking forward to see where this band goes from ADHD.

QUOTE (sullysue @ May 15 2010, 07:46 PM)

So far 3 for 3.  Still need to get Rapid Eye Movement.

I just got Out of Myself, too. So, now I have their first and their last albums. You can definitely hear how they've honed their sound between the two. Second Life Syndrome is on its way from Amazon. So, Rapid Eye Movement's next. I'm looking forward to see where this band goes from ADHD.

Good deal..! Enjoy 2nd Life Syndrome. That's probably my favorite of the three I have so far.

Need to get their DVD too.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 15 2010, 10:18 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ May 15 2010, 07:46 PM)

So far 3 for 3.  Still need to get Rapid Eye Movement.

Good deal..! Enjoy 2nd Life Syndrome. That's probably my favorite of the three I have so far.

Need to get their DVD too.

There's a DVD?!? ohmy.gif

Ug. There's no question where all of my spare money goes. wacko.gif

Just checked out a band called Votum. These guys have a heavy Riverside influence.

Samples here:

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=8229246

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=7792745

QUOTE (Steevo @ Jun 14 2010, 02:31 AM)
^^^ Did you finally realise the genius that is SLS yet? tongue.gif

laugh.gif That is so funny. Since you posted that in June, I have, as a matter of fact, realized the genius. For a couple of days, I listened to Volte-Face, like, a thousand times in a row. I still think ADHD is stronger, though.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 1 2010, 02:35 PM)

laugh.gif That is so funny. Since you posted that in June, I have, as a matter of fact, realized the genius. For a couple of days, I listened to Volte-Face, like, a thousand times in a row. I still think ADHD is stronger, though.

We should try to keep this thread going too. I had to search to find it. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Gompers @ Oct 1 2010, 01:52 PM)

We should try to keep this thread going too. I had to search to find it. laugh.gif

This and the PT thread. yes.gif

I'll have to check out those links you posted. trink39.gif

Is there any word on Riverside doing anything new? They already played Nearfest, didn't they? Sucks they don't tour North America.

Wednesday, 8 September 2010

October 25th, 2010 has been set as the release date of the second album of Lunatic Soul, a project conceived by Riverside's singer and bass player Mariusz Duda. The white album, a continuation of 2008's black album, constitutes the second and last part of the diptych about the journey through the underworld.

Mariusz Duda: It will again be a story about a journey through a place that exists somewhere in-between, enriched with new motifs and retrospections. A sort of a road movie about a lost soul. Musically speaking perhaps more intense and unsetting than the first part but with the predominance of certain space and lightness that can be--I hope so--associated with the colour white. Hence, the album is a sort of a continuation but certainly not a repetition.

The majority of the instrumental parts are played by Mariusz Duda himself. However, the guest musicians appear this time as well, for instance already known from the previous album Maciej Szelenbaum (keyboards, flutes, quzheng) or Wawrzyniec Dramowicz from Indukti (drums). The new album will be released in Poland by Mystic Production, and in the rest of the world by (know for the work with such bands as Porcupine Tree or Anathema) the British label Kscope.

Soon, the first single "Wanderings" will be released.

The tracklist of Lunatic Soul's white album:

1. The In-Between Kingdom

2. Otherwhere

3. Suspended In Whiteness

4. Asoulum

5. Limbo

6. Escape from ParadIce

7. Transition

8. Gravestone Hill

9. Wanderings

Link

Edited by Gompers

QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 2 2010, 07:07 AM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Oct 1 2010, 01:52 PM)

This and the PT thread. yes.gif

...and and and the Tool one yes.gif to all 3 trink38.gif 1287.gif

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Oct 1 2010, 08:47 PM)
I have Out of Myself, a very good album imo. I need to get some more stuff by them.

If you like that one, you DEFINITELY need to get their other CDs. yes.gif

I still need Rapid Eye Movement. And, the DVD.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 2 2010, 01:58 AM)

Both are brilliant. Make sure you get the two disc version of REM - mainly because the 12 minute instrumental title track is on the second disc, and it's awesome cool.gif

Also, check out Mariusz Duda's first solo album, Lunatic Soul, if you haven't already.

Great to see Riverside getting some recognition on here trink39.gif

If you check out this link you can find videos of one of the UK ADHD gigs my friend and I went to last year. Pretty good quality, and if you scroll down his list on the right-hand side most of the gig is on there (as is the some of the gig we went to at London's Underworld on the REM tour):

Left Out Pt 1

Left Out Pt 2

Hybrid Times

QUOTE (Godeater2112)
Checking out some of their stuff right now, I'd never heard of them before.

Shame on you! I raved about them both times I saw you laugh.gif

Edited by willowroolz

QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 1 2010, 08:58 PM)
QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Oct 1 2010, 08:47 PM)
I have Out of Myself, a very good album imo. I need to get some more stuff by them.

If you like that one, you DEFINITELY need to get their other CDs. yes.gif

I got the DVD not too long ago and really love it. It's a LOT like PT's Arriving Somewhere, visually speaking. And the band is excellent live.

QUOTE (willowroolz @ Oct 3 2010, 05:22 AM)

Hybrid Times

Awesome tune! One of my favs of that CD.