The Official Riverside Thread

Listening to the MiMH right now!! Amazing stuff for sure!! Definitely a callback to SLS and OoM...in the best ways possible.

P.S. Is it wrong that every time I listen to a Riverside CD I can't stop wondering how it would sound in 5.1?

Edited by Mara

Just got it yesterday. Early listens, mind you, but the first two tracks really aren't doing much for me right now. They're just sort of long and there...without a whole lot of progression or structure, unlike some of their other longer material. Forgotten Land is quite good, though. Just need some more listens, I'm sure...

Anno Domini High Definition is an absolutely fantastic album, the cd player in my car must be sick of it ! . Saw them a last month at Homlfirth Picturdome, just quality, please check them out if you can. Then I had Rush at Sheffield Arena the next night !! smile.gif Edited by queenshall

bumper.gif

Just to say that I had "Second Life Syndrome" playing whilst in the car for my lunch break.

I have pretty much decided that the "Vicious Ritual" part of the title track is just about the prettiest rock instrumental ever. yes.gif The (brief) vocal part of that, about 12 minutes in, could have so easily been over the top. But it works very well, IMO.

QUOTE (Mara @ Oct 28 2011, 01:10 PM)
bumper.gif

Just to say that I had "Second Life Syndrome" playing whilst in the car for my lunch break.

I have pretty much decided that the "Vicious Ritual" part of the title track is just about the prettiest rock instrumental ever. yes.gif The (brief) vocal part of that, about 12 minutes in, could have so easily been over the top. But it works very well, IMO.

Agreed!

QUOTE (-Jane- @ Oct 28 2011, 05:17 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Oct 28 2011, 01:10 PM)
bumper.gif

I have pretty much decided that the "Vicious Ritual" part of the title track is just about the prettiest rock instrumental ever.  yes.gif  The (brief) vocal part of that, about 12 minutes in, could have so easily been over the top.  But it works very well, IMO.

Agreed!

Had to go back and re-listen to this song for the part you reference. To me, Secret Exhibition is the best part of the song, if not the album. Vicious Ritual is very moving, and a fitting end to this great song.

Honestly, it reminds me of the end of Egoist Hedonist (Straw Man Dance) from ADHD. Have you heard that? If not, I highly recommend it.

New Riverside

05 June 2012
Riverside: Working on new, 5th studio album; Sign new deal with InsideOutMusic!

Poland's Progressive Rock shooting starts RIVERSIDE have commenced working on a new, yet untitled, studio album, expected for a release around early 2013 via InsideOutMusic.

The band has now also signed a new deal with InsideOutMusic, extending the fruitful international co-operation between the parties.

RIVERSIDE checked in to comment about the newly signed deal as follows: "We're very pleased that we'll keep collaborating with InsideOut/Century Media. We've overcome many difficulties together and we hope that the new contract, signed at the moment when we start another decade as a band, will help us to grow more, and will make us able to reach a larger number of listeners with our music. The new album is on the way. I believe it will be a new beginning for RIVERSIDE."

Thomas Waber, founder and label manager of InsideOutMusic, added: "RIVERSIDE is one of the most important bands on InsideOutMusic and in the current Progressive Rock scene. Therefore I am extremely pleased to be able to renew and continue the relationship with our friends from Poland!"

You can follow the band's recording process of the new album by visiting their online blog here. A video interview with the band directly from the studio can be seen here.

The upcoming album is the much anticipated full-length follow-up to the band's latest, 4th studio album "Anno Domini High Definition", which had entered the sales charts in Poland at # 1 (Gold album status by now!), Germany at # 94 and The Netherlands on # 58 upon release in 2009. In 2011, RIVERSIDE released a special EP entitled "Memories In My Head" in order to celebrate the band's 10th anniversary of existence.

With the virtual disappearance of Porcupine Tree, Riverside can slide right into that vacant spot readily as a nu-Prog giant.