The Official Riverside Thread

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 7 2012, 05:59 AM)
With the virtual disappearance of Porcupine Tree, Riverside can slide right into that vacant spot readily as a nu-Prog giant.

I like this idea a lot. I prefer a world with the strong presence of each, but RIVERSIDE could indeed use a bit more attention.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 7 2012, 07:39 AM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 7 2012, 05:59 AM)
With the virtual disappearance of Porcupine Tree, Riverside can slide right into that vacant spot readily as a nu-Prog giant.

I like this idea a lot. I prefer a world with the strong presence of each, but RIVERSIDE could indeed use a bit more attention.

goodpost.gif

Maybe there time has come.

I missed the article last month... great to hear they are actually working on it! I loved ADHD, and last years EP (as well as the rest of their discography) though sad to see that it will not be out to next year....

The title of Riverside's new studio album (fifth in their career) has been revealed. It is "Shrine of New Generation Slaves" (SONGS) and the band will be continuing their work on it for the next two months in the Serakos studio in Warsaw. There will be 50 minutes of music on it divided into 8 completely new pieces.

"In 2012 we've been focusing on the work on the new album, and trying to prove, mostly to ourselves, that we can still surprise with something, and what's most important - create an album that would become our showpiece, music-wise and lyrics-wise" says Mariusz Duda, the band's leader. "The title might sound a bit intricate, but the acronym will definitely explain what we did with our music this time."

The predicted release date is the end of January 2013, but still this year (somewhere around November) we all are going to get to know the first single, and the video for it. The album will be released by Century Media/Inside Out and Mystic Production.

Edited by Presto-digitation

Dear fans, we're very pleased to inform that we've just finished recording our new album "Shrine of New Generation Slaves"! The fifth album, with a five-word title, and over 50 minutes of absolutely fresh music. 8 songs, of which the shortest, "Coda", will only be about 2 minutes long, and the longest, "Escalator Shrine", over 12 minutes long. The first single is going to be "Celebrity Touch" and you'll be able to hear it in one month's time already.

The planned released date for the new Riverside is January 2013. The tour promoting the album will begin in March 2013. We're going to post more detailed information about that soon.

Thank you all for your support and patience. We hope that you'll like the new album. And the music? Right now we can only say that it's different but you can tell it's us! default/smile.png

The cover and tracklist are coming up next week. Stay tuned!

R

They're headlining RosFest in May, so hopefully they will play more shows in America. Can't wait for the new single!

Dear fans, we're very pleased to inform that we've just finished recording our new album "Shrine of New Generation Slaves"! The fifth album, with a five-word title, and over 50 minutes of absolutely fresh music. 8 songs, of which the shortest, "Coda", will only be about 2 minutes long, and the longest, "Escalator Shrine", over 12 minutes long. The first single is going to be "Celebrity Touch" and you'll be able to hear it in one month's time already.

The planned released date for the new Riverside is January 2013. The tour promoting the album will begin in March 2013. We're going to post more detailed information about that soon.

Thank you all for your support and patience. We hope that you'll like the new album. And the music? Right now we can only say that it's different but you can tell it's us! default/smile.png

R

They're headlining RosFest in May, so hopefully they will play more shows in America. Can't wait for the new single!

May 5th, at RosFest in Gettysburg, PA.

I'm seriously considering going to this!

R

May 5th, at RosFest in Gettysburg, PA.

I'm seriously considering going to this!

The rest of the lineup so far is awesome as well. I heard a rumor that Steve Hackett may be headlining. If that's true then I'll find a way to go for sure.

http://riversideband.pl/pl/images/rs/news/SoNGS_s.jpg

1. New Generation Slave (4:17)

2. The Depth of Self – Delusion (7:39)

3. Celebrity Touch (6:48)

4. We Got Used To Us (4:12)

5. Feel Like Falling (5:17)

6. Deprived (8:26)

7. Escalator Shrine (12:41)

8. Coda (1:39)

Artwork by Travis Smith

Available digitally, 1CD jewel case, 2 CD 32 page mediabook, or 2 LP vinyl (with 2 bonus tracks).

European release date is January 21st so the American date is probably around then.

:haz: :haz: :haz:

Riverside says their song Celebrity Touch is available on iTunes. I'm at work right now, and cannot access it. Anyone care to be the first?

Stream it here: http://www.riversideband.pl/en/news/560-listen-to-the-new-riverside-single

Riverside says their song Celebrity Touch is available on iTunes. I'm at work right now, and cannot access it. Anyone care to be the first?

Stream it here: http://www.riverside...iverside-single

That's the edited version, sadly - the full version runs 6 mins 46 secs.

ETA: it misses out the guitar solo and the moody ending - shame! Glad I didn't buy that version . . .

Edited by willowroolz

I am really looking forward to this release. I sure wish they would tour the states.

I am really looking forward to this release. I sure wish they would tour the states.

Here's the full list of dates from their website.

2013-03-09 Tante Ju, Drezno, DE

2013-03-10 Werk 2, Leipzig, DE

2013-03-11 K17, Berlin, DE

2013-03-12 Rosenhof, Osnabrück, DE

2013-03-14 O2 Academy Islington, Londyn, UK

2013-03-15 Y-Prog 2013, Sheffield, UK

2013-03-16 Classic Grand, Glasgow, UK

2013-03-17 The Assembly, Leamington Spa, UK

2013-03-19 Biebob, Vosselaar, BE

2013-03-20 Le divan du monde, Paris, FR

2013-03-22 Patronaat, Haarlem, NL

2013-03-23 Metropool, Hengelo, NL