Andrew1

QUOTE (Graham_W @ May 4 2010, 02:47 PM)
Holy crap, is Return of the Jedi really that old? that was before The Normans invaded ohmy.gif

old.gif I saw Jedi in the theater on opening day. Thanks for making me feel ancient.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 4 2010, 03:02 PM)
Holy crap, is Return of the Jedi really that old? that was before The Normans invaded  ohmy.gif

old.gif I saw Jedi in the theater on opening day. Thanks for making me feel ancient.

I saw Star Wars in the theater old.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 4 2010, 10:02 PM)
Holy crap, is Return of the Jedi really that old? that was before The Normans invaded  ohmy.gif

You could just say it was for the 1997 re-releases. Thus making you firmly in your twenties yes.gif

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ May 4 2010, 06:21 PM)

Me too! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Graham_W @ May 4 2010, 03:47 PM)
Holy crap, is Return of the Jedi really that old? that was before The Normans invaded ohmy.gif

at this point how does a person differentiate the Normans from being an us versus being a them? Didn't the Normans procreate and leave some offspring?

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 4 2010, 08:03 PM)

Me too! biggrin.gif

Me too! I was three and my aunt took me and her daughter. No shit. Can you believe I still have memories of that?!

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 4 2010, 06:02 PM)

Don't feel ancient Jack Aubrey! I saw JEDI in the theaters as well. With my older cousin. I was seven! SEVEN!!!!

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 5 2010, 09:03 AM)

Me too! biggrin.gif

Same here. old.gif

When I was 11 my older bros kidnapped me and took me to see Jedi instead of going to church. Although it was more like this: "Johnny, do you wanna go to church or go see Return of the Jedi?". Immediate answer, "JEDI!!!" . "Cool, but don't tell mom. Just tell her we went to church." "Okay."

It could be worse, at least this old you are not:

http://media.canada.com/074dfb0f-a99d-4640-9732-cc12e712ec59/yoda.jpg

The force is still strong with you. yes.gif 1287.gif

Edited by rushgoober

QUOTE (Andrew1 @ May 4 2010, 08:35 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 4 2010, 06:02 PM)

Don't feel ancient Jack Aubrey! I saw JEDI in the theaters as well. With my older cousin. I was seven! SEVEN!!!!

Bless you for trying to make me feel better, but I was nineteen when I saw Jedi! So I still feel like Methuselah's grandfather! laugh.gif

Star Wars was the first movie my parents let me go see by myself, I was thirteen.

I'm just playing, actually. I still feel like I did when I was thirty so I guess I'm doing all right!

Thanks to all the rest of you for the kind words!

Me too!

Of course it was when they re-released it in the 90's..... I think I was 7ish at the time

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 5 2010, 05:53 AM)

Atleast we think he isn't. He has wisdom, which must mean he's oooooold. Yoda old.

Love you really, Jack.

QUOTE (Cowtothesky @ May 6 2010, 04:10 PM)
I saw Avatar at the theater and watched it again last night on DVD. What an amazing movie. The score (something I focus on) is brilliant.

The score! Absolutely! I love James Horner. I picked up the soundtrack at Best Buy for $8.99, the day the movie was released. A steal. Great stuff.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ May 5 2010, 08:33 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 5 2010, 05:53 AM)

Atleast we think he isn't. He has wisdom, which must mean he's oooooold. Yoda old.

Love you really, Jack.

laugh.gif Back at ya, Mando!

OK, a friend of mine loaned me his copy of Avatar and I watched it last night to see what all the fuss was about. Sure the fx were awesome (in fact it's the best CGI I've ever seen - Cameron wasn't lying when he said it'd be a game-changer) but the story was hackneyed, overwrought, and super-predictable. The lowest point (and it's hard to pick just one) was when he went back to the Navi after he'd screwed them both figuratively and literally and just a few hours after telling him to leave her forever, Natiri does an insane 180 and takes him right back, no questions asked and no conditions given! Puh-lease!

I'd give it one and a half out of five stars and I doubt I'll ever watch it again.

Edited by Jack Aubrey

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 6 2010, 03:32 PM)
OK, a friend of mine loaned me his copy of Avatar and I watched it last night to see what all the fuss was about. Sure the fx were awesome (in fact it's the best CGI I've ever seen - Cameron wasn't lying when he said it'd be a game-changer) but the story was hackneyed, overwrought, and super-predictable. The lowest point (and it's hard to pick just one) was when he went back to the Navi after he'd screwed them both figuratively and literally and just a few hours after telling him to leave her forever, Natiri does an insane 180 and takes him right back, no questions asked and no conditions given! Puh-lease!

I'd give it one and a half out of five stars and I doubt I'll ever watch it again.

I agree.

It followed the old tired plot line of evil white man exploiting, murdering noble natives. And of course one of the white men sees the error of his ways and fights with them. I'm not saying this is a bad plot line, I'm saying its been done before and better. (Dances with Wolves, anyone?)

Not only that, it followed the tired old romantic comedy plot line of boy gets girl, boy lies/does something wrong/etc to girl. Girl gets angry at boy and breaks it off. A couple hours later girl has completely forgotten about it and is back with boy.

It was so mind-numbingly predictable.

FX was super fantastic though....really a spectacle in 3D.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 6 2010, 12:32 PM)

She took him back because he flew the big orange bird thing. laugh.gif If I had a dime for every time my wife took me back for exactly the same reason...

I kept hearing an awful lot of the Titanic theme in Avatar's music. It's good and all, better than I could ever do, but C'mon Horner there are other melodies out there. Oh and I saw Star Wars in the theaters in 1977 too. But I was 11. Not like some of the Bristlecones around here. laugh.gif tongue.gif

The longer I live, the less I want to see this movie. I've read and heard and seen NOTHING that makes me want to go out of my way to see it.

I've stated I want the hype to die down before seeing it. Well, the more the hype dies down, the less I care.

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ May 5 2010, 01:36 PM)

Me too!

Of course it was when they re-released it in the 90's..... I think I was 7ish at the time

the only response that comes to mind is "whatever".

QUOTE (Andrew1 @ May 6 2010, 03:20 PM)
QUOTE (Cowtothesky @ May 6 2010, 04:10 PM)
I saw Avatar at the theater and watched it again last night on DVD. What an amazing movie. The score (something I focus on) is brilliant.

The score! Absolutely! I love James Horner. I picked up the soundtrack at Best Buy for $8.99, the day the movie was released. A steal. Great stuff.

Yea, me too. Well, I had it a few days before the release. We listened to it on the way to see the movie. Horner is a great composer.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ May 6 2010, 05:54 PM)
The longer I live, the less I want to see this movie.  I've read and heard and seen NOTHING that makes me want to go out of my way to see it.

I've stated I want the hype to die down before seeing it.  Well, the more the hype dies down, the less I care.

Well and the hype's really not died down. It's simultaneously one of the best selling DVDs of all time (and the best opening numbers ever on Blu-ray) all while still showing up in the top 20 at the box office. No real drop in anything.

If you've had no interest in seeing it by now, you'd do best to continue avoiding it. To this day I've never seen one Matrix film or Caddyshack and really...I couldn't care less, so I know what you mean.

Edited by Presto-digitation

QUOTE (hunter @ May 6 2010, 05:14 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 6 2010, 12:32 PM)

She took him back because he flew the big orange bird thing. laugh.gif If I had a dime for every time my wife took me back for exactly the same reason...

I kept hearing an awful lot of the Titanic theme in Avatar's music. It's good and all, better than I could ever do, but C'mon Horner there are other melodies out there. Oh and I saw Star Wars in the theaters in 1977 too. But I was 11. Not like some of the Bristlecones around here. laugh.gif tongue.gif

"Bristlecones"! spit6ph.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 7 2010, 10:28 AM)
The longer I live, the less I want to see this movie.  I've read and heard and seen NOTHING that makes me want to go out of my way to see it.

I've stated I want the hype to die down before seeing it.  Well, the more the hype dies down, the less I care.

Well and the hype's really not died down. It's simultaneously one of the best selling DVDs of all time (and the best opening numbers ever on Blu-ray) all while still showing up in the top 20 at the box office. No real drop in anything.

If you've had no interest in seeing it by now, you'd do best to continue avoiding it. To this day I've never seen one Matrix film or Caddyshack and really...I couldn't care less, so I know what you mean.

I guess I think the hype is dying down because I don't pay attention to it.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ May 7 2010, 09:38 AM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 7 2010, 10:28 AM)

I guess I think the hype is dying down because I don't pay attention to it.

I tend to do that with things that don't interest me too.