Top 10 Most Viewed TV shows of last decade

Steevo

What a load of tripe. Can't even find a single one no.gif Anyone?

1. FRIENDS

2. SURVIVOR: PALAU

3. JOE MILLIONAIRE

4. ER

5. AMERICAN IDOL

6. GREY'S ANATOMY

7. WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE

8. FRASIER

9. EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND

10. SPIN CITY

Edited by Steevo

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Dec 3 2009, 11:40 PM)
I always did and still love Friends...

ph34r.gif

The early seasons were funny, but it did get a bit annoying as the years went on. But they were funny characters and overall, was a funny show. I think it depends on your age also. It came out while i was in my early 20s, and i was spending a lot of time in NYC. It brings me back when i see it now.

I can really only judge the sitcoms, since that's mostly what I watch. I like both "Friends" and "Raymond." "Frasier"... well, it wasn't "Cheers," but it was okay.

I'll also watch "Idol" sometimes, but it's more my wife's choice than mine.

"Friends" is pretty harmless, although over here in the UK we have a tv channel called "Channel 4" that shows nothing but "Friends"

"ER" had its moments too.

But as SRF pointed out, you thought the last decade was bad, just wait for this decade and you'll realise how great the last decade was

1. FRIENDS-- overrated piece of crap that was only good for how hot Aniston was

2. SURVIVOR: PALAU-- only saw 2 episodes of the first Survivor and thought it was garbage

3. JOE MILLIONAIRE-- never saw it

4. ER-- saw a few episodes a long time ago and thought it was ok

5. AMERICAN IDOL-- total and utter crap

6. GREY'S ANATOMY-- never saw it

7. WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE-- if it weren't for Slumdog Millionaire i'd say this show was a complete waste

8. FRASIER-- saw a handful of episodes in its first season and thought it was alright

9. EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND-- not awful but just kind of boring

10. SPIN CITY-- saw a few episodes and thought it followed the basic sitcom formula...so yeah, not too impressed

QUOTE (Sonatine @ Dec 4 2009, 08:35 PM)
But as SRF pointed out, you thought the last decade was bad, just wait for this decade and you'll realise how great the last decade was

I guess. I've realised the 90s was much more for me.

It's actually the 10 most watched episodes, not entire shows.

1. "Friends," "The Last One," May 6, 2004, 52.5 million viewers

2. "Survivor: Palau," finale, Aug. 23, 2000, 51.7 million

3. "Joe Millionaire," finale, Feb. 17, 2003, 40 million

4. "ER," "All in the Family," Feb. 17, 2000, 39.4 million

5. "American Idol," season six premiere, Jan. 16, 2007, 38.1 million

6. "Grey's Anatomy," "It's the End of the World as We Know It," Feb 5, 2006, 38 million

7. "Who Wants to be a Millionaire," May 3, 2000, 36 million

8. "Frasier," "Something Borrowed, Something Blue," May 18, 2000, 33.7 million

9. "Everybody Loves Raymond," "The Finale," May 16, 2005, 32.9 million

10. "Spin City," "Goodbye," May 24, 2000, 32.8 million

I loved Friends and love watching the reruns now since I am in my 20's (when the show was on, I was practically a kid). But, as other pointed out, towards the end it got kinda rediculous. After Ross/Rachel, they just all started dating each other! And the flashbacks they had never matched up -- does anyone remember the flashback with Rachal in Central Perk when it was the bar right before she was to marry Barry? Chandler was there but acted like he didn't knew her and was just hitting on her -- but other flashbacks made it seem like she knew him from high school? Silly stuff like that turned me off to the show.

Frasier was good I thought.

Raymond was great!

American Idol was good in the earlier seasons when actual *stars* were made (i.e. Carrie Underwood).

All the others? 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (Steevo @ Dec 3 2009, 09:26 PM)

There aren't enough adjectives to explain how much I hate this POS show! It exploits the worst behavior in people. There is nothing redeeming about it IMO. Thank you MTV for reality television. sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (Steevo @ Dec 4 2009, 03:17 AM)
QUOTE (Sonatine @ Dec 4 2009, 08:35 PM)

I guess. I've realised the 90s was much more for me.

Definitely more 90's for me too. After that I barely viewed any of the top ten watched shows above. Just couldn't do it. That's what I meant by 'if you think last decade's shows were bad, just wait...' because free over the air TV seems to get worse every 10 years, just like radio, so how much longer can either one of them be 'free' and still have any content on them that's worth watching/listening to? Not long I think because content is king, and you have to pay to get it...

http://mysite.verizon.net/Assbuster/ContentIsKing.jpg

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Dec 5 2009, 09:39 AM)
Friends is a horrid television show.  Shallow, derivative and shameless.

Right. I remember when it came out how they even had the bare faced gaul to compare it to the genius of Seinfeld. Hello??? I don't think so no.gif

QUOTE (SiriusRushFan @ Dec 5 2009, 06:42 AM)
That's what I meant by 'if you think last decade's shows were bad, just wait...' because free over the air TV seems to get worse every 10 years, just like radio, so how much longer can either one of them be 'free' and still have any content on them that's worth watching/listening to?  Not long I think because content is king, and you have to pay to get it...

Oh I was resigned to that a long time back. I flat out wouldn't even have a television without paytv, simple as that. I thought I was the only one who bitches about the state of free TV these days biggrin.gif

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Dec 4 2009, 12:20 PM)

There aren't enough adjectives to explain how much I hate this POS show! It exploits the worst behavior in people. There is nothing redeeming about it IMO. Thank you MTV for reality television. sarcasm.gif

I am patiently waiting for the death of the reality TV trend. It may outlive me, though. . .

I have never seen an episode of American Idol. And unless I am kidnapped and forced to watch it at gunpoint, I never will.

You know, I think I'd let the kidnappers shoot me instead.

QUOTE (Mara @ Dec 4 2009, 08:42 PM)

I am patiently waiting for the death of the reality TV trend. It may outlive me, though. . .

I have never seen an episode of American Idol. And unless I am kidnapped and forced to watch it at gunpoint, I never will.

I used to watch a lot more reality tv than i do. In fact there are no reality shows that I watch religiously anymore, but I used to love Survivor and even American Idol. The only one I still watch is America's Next Top Model, and then only when they have a "marathon." wink.gif

Reality TV - add that to the long list of things I enjoy that most people on TRF despise. tongue.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Dec 5 2009, 01:35 AM)

I used to watch a lot more reality tv than i do. In fact there are no reality shows that I watch religiously anymore, but I used to love Survivor and even American Idol. The only one I still watch is America's Next Top Model, and then only when they have a "marathon." wink.gif

Reality TV - add that to the long list of things I enjoy that most people on TRF despise. tongue.gif

Well, the main reason I don't watch American Idol is because I hate, loathe, and despise mainstream pop music with the white-hot intensity of a thousand suns.

QUOTE (Mara @ Dec 4 2009, 11:03 PM)

Well, the main reason I don't watch American Idol is because I hate, loathe, and despise mainstream pop music with the white-hot intensity of a thousand suns.

I do too, but for some reason I enjoyed it anyway - it was more about the people than the music for sure, and I appreciated when people had talent, even if the songs sucked. After a few seasons though, I just lost interest...

QUOTE (Mara @ Dec 5 2009, 01:03 AM)

rofl3.gif laugh.gif z7shysterical.gif applaudit.gif yes.gif me too.